Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

C'mon Limerick great game tough going on Cork. heart wasn't able for it roll on the final

tanko wrote: »
    Its bad enough watching these hurling games as a neutral, i cant imagine what its like for supporters of the counties involved. Another nailbiter today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Mooooo wrote: »
    Limerick deserved winners, cork too many wides in normal time and lack of a bench cost them.

2-6 from the Limerick bench today. Gwan t'fcuk and win it out now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Anyone here familiar with v belt cross drives. My weedlicker belt keeps turning over and not driving properly. Im after buying it second hand. Rang the previous owner he said he never had that problem. He said tighten the tensioner. Which I did but it keeps turning over. I took off the roller to put on new carpet maybe did I do something wrong when putting it back on. Sorry for sketchy details but I'm not very mechanically minded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Delighted for limerick, be some game if we meet them in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

Galway to win next day and the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

jimini0 wrote: »
    Anyone here familiar with v belt cross drives. My weedlicker belt keeps turning over and not driving properly. Im after buying it second hand. Rang the previous owner he said he never had that problem. He said tighten the tensioner. Which I did but it keeps turning over. I took off the roller to put on new carpet maybe did I do something wrong when putting it back on. Sorry for sketchy details but I'm not very mechanically minded.

I'd say the pulleys are not inline after taking off the roller. Side walls of the pulleys must be exactly inline.

Snowfire wrote: »
    Galway to win next day and the final.

I can see Galway winning next week, but not the final. Limerick will do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

How long does a cow bull for? Thought I saw something yesterday evening but wasn’t sure. She is deff bulling this evening but can’t get through to our ai guy. We rarely do AI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Odelay wrote: »
    I'd say the pulleys are not inline after taking off the roller. Side walls of the pulleys must be exactly inline.

Thanks I will try that. Hopefully it will work. I have a full day of licking to do tomorrow and want everything working properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

L1985 wrote: »
    How long does a cow bull for? Thought I saw something yesterday evening but wasn’t sure. She is deff bulling this evening but can’t get through to our ai guy. We rarely do AI.

12 hours after standing heat, so if she's standing now do her in the am.

• Advertisement

12 hours after standing heat, so if she's standing now do her in the am.
    If I can get my AI man to anwser the phone!! Thanks 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

ring the office instead of ringing him. he might be away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I can see Galway winning next week, but not the final. Limerick will do it!

I would not be so sure, Clare always raise their game against Galway and it’s in Thurles. Hopefully the lads that were injured are ok.

The extra time is a lot to ask of amateur players

ring the office instead of ringing him. he might be away
    Thanks he's a local guy I don't even know if he's with a group. He rang back anyway and jobs done-I always seem to end up calling him on a Sunday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I think the weather is a huge contributor to the standard of hurling all year. The new format a big plus too.
    Clare to beat Galway and a humdinger of a final.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Not a bad way to start 2 weeks holidays. The match Saturday evening followed by Dublin pints. After we dropped kids to Cul Camp this morning myself and OH climbed Moylussa, Clare's highest point. Legs like jelly now.
    Off to Lanzarote on Friday so the replay will be watched from a high stool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I think the weather is a huge contributor to the standard of hurling all year. The new format a big plus too.
    Clare to beat Galway and a humdinger of a final.

Not that I am one for omens... but of the 3 modern All Irelands clare have won a member of my Cali my ((sister 1995 and myself 2013) were married that year and I’ve another sister getting married this summer.

Looks like another GAA own goal. Tickets for the replay only through Centra/Super Valu or on line.
    A lot of the slightly older generation always went through clubs.

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Looks like another GAA own goal. Tickets for the replay only through Centra/Super Valu or on line.
    A lot of the slightly older generation always went through clubs.

Very short notice And only a few terrace left. I’m lucky my brother presumed we’d go and got some when they went on sale.

And I heard they didn't tell the clubs till 11.30 today.....and by e-mail. By that stage they were well sold out. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Anyone at the Galway races?

And I heard they didn't tell the clubs till 11.30 today.....and by e-mail. By that stage they were well sold out. :mad:

Pure joke. Tickets should have been sold through the clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,998 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Pure joke. Tickets should have been sold through the clubs.

TBH not enough time. Tickets that go to County Boards are on a sale or return basis to the County boards. If Clubs do not take up there allocation then they arereturned and it is late to sell them then. For clubs it is a headache. You order them and pay for them and then if lads do not take them the club is out of pocket. As well you get some Tuesday night and there may be more Thursday or Friday night. Lads may have got them elsewhere by then. If you are club Sec you would want nothing to do the week before a big match. Then there is the tickets that go to non competing counties and these dribble back in dribs and drabs,

Online is not ideal but it is often the easiest way when there is only 7 days between matches.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭degetme

Not that I am one for omens... but of the 3 modern All Irelands clare have won a member of my Cali my ((sister 1995 and myself 2013) were married that year and I’ve another sister getting married this summer.

Not wanting to hear this run off luck as a limerick man. Still buzzing after the atmosphere yesterday . Last time we won the all Ireland was also last time we beat the cats in championship. Hopefully a good omen for us

Anyone any good with birds? We have 2/3 dark brown birds of prey around here. They are lighter grey underneath and reasonably large. They have a v distinct cry that in my head is a stereotypical bird of prey call if that makes sense....I'd love to know what they are!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Anyone any good with birds? We have 2/3 dark brown birds of prey around here. They are lighter grey underneath and reasonably large. They have a v distinct cry that in my head is a stereotypical bird of prey call if that makes sense....I'd love to know what they are!!

Buzzards, only vocal prey bird i can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

The Common Buzzard,they have been making their way eastwards across south Kilkenny over the last few years.

Yep googled them there and ye both got it right! When I googled birds of prey Ireland the photo didn't look right-thanks as I was wondering. It's lovely to watch them(easy knowing we don't have sheep). They love swooping down the hills to the river and if they kill a few rabbits I'm happy-they have plenty of hunting here anyway!!

TBH not enough time. Tickets that go to County Boards are on a sale or return basis to the County boards. If Clubs do not take up there allocation then they arereturned and it is late to sell them then. For clubs it is a headache. You order them and pay for them and then if lads do not take them the club is out of pocket. As well you get some Tuesday night and there may be more Thursday or Friday night. Lads may have got them elsewhere by then. If you are club Sec you would want nothing to do the week before a big match. Then there is the tickets that go to non competing counties and these dribble back in dribs and drabs,

Online is not ideal but it is often the easiest way when there is only 7 days between matches.
    Few lads from my own club that go to nearly all games got no tickets, were working during the day and by the time the realised they were on sale it was sold out. Not good enough. Replay should have been in croker anyway and would probably have filled it. The bandwagon's are in full swing now.

• Advertisement

Few lads from my own club that go to nearly all games got no tickets, were working during the day and by the time the realised they were on sale it was sold out. Not good enough. Replay should have been in croker anyway and would probably have filled it. The bandwagon's are in full swing now.

Your local club can request 50 tickets they may be able work something out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Yep googled them there and ye both got it right! When I googled birds of prey Ireland the photo didn't look right-thanks as I was wondering. It's lovely to watch them(easy knowing we don't have sheep). They love swooping down the hills to the river and if they kill a few rabbits I'm happy-they have plenty of hunting here anyway!!
    Buzzards pose no threat to lambs/sheep. They may munch on a dead one (carrion) but are not capable of taking a new born lamb. AFAIK rabbits are about the largest prey that they can manage.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/lifestyle/rabbits-reported-to-be-main-prey-of-buzzards-35654282.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

It’s a regular thing that semi replays are moved out of croker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Where is the replay been held. I presumed that it would be Croke park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Base price wrote: »
    Where is the replay been held. I presumed that it would be Croke park.

Semple

Anyone watch The Game tonight? The story of hurling. Not a bad show, a little be touristy or something but not a bad show. I think it's on again next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭I says

Anyone watch The Game tonight? The story of hurling. Not a bad show, a little be touristy or something but not a bad show. I think it's on again next week.

Taped it,is that insufferable arsehole des cahill on it

I says wrote: »
    Taped it,is that insufferable arsehole des cahill on it

Not tonight anyway.

Ya, I saw it. Worth watching if you're into hurling. Couldn't believe how old that hurley was, that they found in the bog. Hurling really is an ancient game.

Ya, I saw it. Worth watching if you're into hurling. Couldn't believe how old that hurley was they found in the bog. Hurling really is an ancient game.

Believe it or not, my father found one of those sliotars in our bog once, and we are very West clare.

There has been 2/3 found locally and in Dublin museum

Believe it or not, my father found one of those sliotars in our bog once, and we are very West clare.

There has been 2/3 found locally and in Dublin museum

No wonder ye had to go with football back west if ye kept loosing sliothars in the bog !

• Advertisement

No wonder ye had to go with football back west if ye kept loosing sliothars in the bog !

Talk locally was that it was the Danes that brought hurling to our parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

https://www.facebook.com/abcnews.au/videos/10155768047768295/

Found this documentary fairly interesting, it had gained a bit of traction out this side when the siezing of lands was announced (was in nz at the time there was arguements to and for relocating Afrikaaners) but this popped up today.
    I thought members of an ethnic minority out lamping rabbits was a headache back home, these lads are getting it rough. Not denying theres a lot of history there too either though.

Better living everyone

https://www.facebook.com/abcnews.au/videos/10155768047768295/

Found this documentary fairly interesting, it had gained a bit of traction out this side when the siezing of lands was announced (was in nz at the time there was arguements to and for relocating Afrikaaners) but this popped up today.
    I thought members of an ethnic minority out lamping rabbits was a headache back home, these lads are getting it rough. Not denying theres a lot of history there too either though.

I see a lot of non farmers are leaving South Africa too. Seen many looking for jobs here, that's if they can afford to and have proof of irish ancestry. Some of the South Africans that can't prove heritage are screwed. 20k murders every year and one in three white women have been raped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I see a lot of non farmers are leaving South Africa too. Seen many looking for jobs here, that's if they can afford to and have proof of irish ancestry. Some of the South Africans that can't prove heritage are screwed. 20k murders every year and one in three white women have been raped.

It's a disgrace what is happening in South Africa. Plantar racism but because it's aganist whites there's no story there for the media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Talk locally was that it was the Danes that brought hurling to our parts.
    I thought it was played in Cornwall.
    The aul programme was indeed entirely promotional very touristy but the ****e being pedaled about the inclusivity of the gaa in times past was laughable. not everyone in the “parish” went to the same school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Willfarman wrote: »
    I thought it was played in Cornwall.
    The aul programme was indeed entirely promotional very touristy but the ****e being pedaled about the inclusivity of the gaa in times past was laughable. not everyone in the “parish” went to the same school.

There is a game of hurling played in two cornish towns still (St ives and St columb major IIRC). Cornish hurling is basically trying to get as faraway from the centre of the town and out into the countryside with the hurling ball still in youre possession (st ives) there is a page on wikipedia about this. There is also a stone circle just outside Penzance where it is said 9 lads were playing hurling on a saturday evening and kept playing until the following morning and a witch put a curse on them for breaking the sabbath and turned them to stone there and then, i think that's the way the story went but there is Wikipedia pages on this too.

Better living everyone

Just been reading the same.. it seems similar games were played by early britons and Irish on these islands well over a thousand years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Willfarman wrote: »
    Just been reading the same.. it seems similar games were played by early britons and Irish on these islands well over a thousand years ago.

Half of Wales after the fall of the Roman empire was taken over by the Irish.
    They divided up the land into the Irish type of field boundaries. All curves and zig zags mostly for defense and ambush reasons. Not at all like the straight and square Roman type.
    In the tales of The knights of the round table and Camelot in it says that Merlin went to Ireland and brought back stones.
    Most scholars think that it means he went to west Wales as it was also called Ireland or Hibernia in the books. The Preseli hills in west Wales where the famous Dolerite in stone henge is believed to come from would have been part of Ireland at that time.

It's only a skip and a jump over to Cornwall from west Wales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Grueller

I love ww1 & 2 documentaries. There is a good one on atm on more4 called Dunkirk the forgotten heroes. The story of the last british forces left in France after the Dunkirk evacuation.

The film was enjoyable I thought..

Just reading the Facebook and see this story https://m.independent.ie/business/farming/rural-life/farming-news/land-worth-16m-donated-by-farmer-to-traveller-group-set-to-be-turned-in-to-community-farm-37171330.html
    I remember hearing the old man didn’t like his neighbors much!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement