Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Reggie. wrote: »
    You be been eating cake for breakfast for a few days now

Judging by my arse it could be a lot longer than that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Happy birthday lady. Have a good one.

Thanks! Dublin this weekend for it, Puissance on Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

But darling, witches don't age :D
    Cake is an acceptable breakfast isn't it?!

Who called you a witch?:o

Happy Birthday, enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Happy birthday lady.

Anyone for the tullamore show? Think I'll head to it and give the ploughing a miss. Although I said that last year and went to both. Not gone on the location of the ploughing atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Oops
    The joys of topping.

Base price wrote: »
    Oops
    The joys of topping.

That's a spontaneous speedhole. It makes you go faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Old skool AC:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Base price wrote: »
    Oops
    The joys of topping.

That’s a very clean window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I've no door on one side on the tractor I top with. It's a great job, except when it's raining

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Quick question again -
    Relative asked me could he use my bull on one of his cows that was repeating today to AI. AI guy couldnt come tilll tomorrow and cow was standing today around 3PM. When we let her in at 6.30pm, bull was mad after her, but she wouldn't stand to him. We watched her for 15 mins and no joy. We decided to leave her over night with bull.
    So, are we too late for the bull even though AI'ing would be ideal after 8 hrs after standing heat?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Quick question again -
    Relative asked me could he use my bull on one of his cows that was repeating today to AI. AI guy couldnt come tilll tomorrow and cow was standing today around 3PM. When we let her in, bull was mad after her but she wouldn't stand to him. We watched her for 15 mins an d no joy. We decidede to leave her over night.
    Whats the quetsion?:)

Whats the quetsion?:)

You can't be quick enough here. Internet keeps crashing, so I type half the post and update from there. :D

Would ai her in the morning and possibly give a shot of receptol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Galway for the double...................................:D
    I can say that for this week anyway. Great game in thurlas, limerick happier with Galway, last time they won they beat Kilkenny on the way so they are sure the stars are aligned etc efc;)

Took our 5 year old angus bull out from the cows last week, he was grand with them. We put him with in calf heifers on out farm. He is a total anti christ since. Has broken through a brand new 4 strand barbed wire and 1 strand electric fence twice, spends his day roaring and pacing along the boundary, never saw anything like it, I think it might be burgers if he doesnt cop on soon. Wherever the heifers are he is the opposite side of the field from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Got phone call this afternoon from dept inspector saying he is calling tomorrow for a random audit of measuring fields v maps. Anyone get one of these before?

A 2 year old bullock broke into one of our fields during the weekend. Guy who owned him was away, but said he'd take him out on Sunday. I was away at the Clare match, but left gate unlocked for him. Wall on the motorway side of the pen is low. Grand for sucklers but I warned him anyway. Yep, he jumped out and went 1/4 of a mile back the hard shoulder. Luckily he never went over teh yellow line and they got him back and into the pen again. So easy to cause a pile-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

MeTheMan wrote: »
    Happy birthday lady.

Anyone for the tullamore show? Think I'll head to it and give the ploughing a miss. Although I said that last year and went to both. Not gone on the location of the ploughing atm.

Is the ploughing in the same place as 2 years ago?
    Hopefully get to Tullamore myself

• Advertisement

Is the ploughing in the same place as 2 years ago?
    Hopefully get to Tullamore myself

Ya it's the third year in Screggan this year so will probably change after that. I just find it a lot more cramped then the last place.
    Seems to be more ****e at it then ever before. Last year we wanted to look at plastic sheep slats and couldn't find them. Went up and down what we taught was the shed/slats sort of rows. Got back on the bus home and a fella said he seen them off a bit from the rows we were at. It's hard to browse. Still think it's a good day out tho. If not just for the craic on the bus.

So hoping to see some plastic sheep slats and might purchase a quad sprayer at the tullamore show. If not might just have to head for Screggan again :)

See Paul pogba is looking for £200000 per week wages increase to stay at Manchester United. How much is too much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

MeTheMan wrote: »
    Ya it's the third year in Screggan this year so will probably change after that. I just find it a lot more cramped then the last place.
    Seems to be more ****e at it then ever before. Last year we wanted to look at plastic sheep slats and couldn't find them. Went up and down what we taught was the shed/slats sort of rows. Got back on the bus home and a fella said he seen them off a bit from the rows we were at. It's hard to browse. Still think it's a good day out tho. If not just for the craic on the bus.

So hoping to see some plastic sheep slats and might purchase a quad sprayer at the tullamore show. If not might just have to head for Screggan again :)
    You nearly have to plan the day out the day before and memorize the site layout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

whelan2 wrote: »
    See Paul pogba is looking for £200000 per week wages increase to stay at Manchester United. How much is too much?

Hes staying whether or not he gets a new contract. Really doubt hes bargaining over money tbh...we dont know half the story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

He’d want to start performing before he got that!

Reggie. wrote: »
    You nearly have to plan the day out the day before and memorize the site layout

Ya, if ya have stuff ya want to look at ya'd want to head there 1st. Its very hard not to get distracted by the shiny things you neither need nor can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

sea12 wrote: »
    Got phone call this afternoon from dept inspector saying he is calling tomorrow for a random audit of measuring fields v maps. Anyone get one of these before?

How did inspection go or what was involved? Reckon a lot of these used for dept. to flex their muscles and take money of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Hes staying whether or not he gets a new contract. Really doubt hes bargaining over money tbh...we dont know half the story

The story is that it's his agent, Riva Minola, (or something like that ) is looking to wrangle another 20 million for himself. He's told Man U that it's a 200 Gs raise or he's off to Barca. Minola gets between 12 and 20 million depending on which way it goes. Pogba, like a few soccer players, has very little between the ears

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

Anyone know of any farm machinery auctions around southeast need finger bar topper??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

marathon wrote: »
    Anyone know of any farm machinery auctions around southeast need finger bar topper??
    For nostalgia? You pick ups topper or mower for smallish money just as handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

The story is that it's his agent, Riva Minola, (or something like that ) is looking to wrangle another 20 million for himself. He's told Man U that it's a 200 Gs raise or he's off to Barca. Minola gets between 12 and 20 million depending on which way it goes. Pogba, like a few soccer players, has very little between the ears

I heard it was his Mam that made him move to juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

How did inspection go or what was involved? Reckon a lot of these used for dept. to flex their muscles and take money of you.

Coupla years ago I had a Department fella walking around a field looking at the boundary. On the map he had the fence line looked to be further into the field. I looked at it and could see that it had been taken obviously by satellite and there was a shadow of the trees that were growing in the forestry next door. The trees had been cut so the 'fence line' was further out (if ye follow me), Took forever to get this through his head though. I was obviously going to move the fence 10 foot in towards the middle of a field and then few months later move it back out again!!! I despair sometimes.
    I hope yours was just someone feeling like a walk on a nice sunny day and not in the humour to make your life miserable.

Can someone please remind me the name of the form to change calf sex on blue card? I had 3 to do at once and managed to make one female when 'he' isn't and now I can't remember the name of the form. How I love extra paperwork.

KatyMac wrote: »
    Can someone please remind me the name of the form to change calf sex on blue card? I had 3 to do at once and managed to make one female when 'he' isn't and now I can't remember the name of the form. How I love extra paperwork.
    ER94B

Thanks Whelan

An unusual one for us.
    A neighbour sold land (about 10-15acres) to forestry and planted it in 2002.
    AFAIK they have/had no right of way in or out and only access is through our roads/ land. And at the time they went in and planted and a neighbour told them they had no rights to take their machinery out. Dad let them use our road with no issues, it wasn’t his style to cause trouble and it’s not ours either.

Now they can assess through another forestry if they fell and build a road and deal with the owners to do so.

Anyway we received a letter off them today requesting a meeting to discuss access routes to the land for thinning and harvesting.

Has anyone ever had something like that. Or what am I to expect?

Two came out and walked every sq foot of the place. Also had to get sheep in to check tag numbers and have to hand in dispatch book. They also had a look around sheds. Is this not cross compliance??
    I was t there my dad was. One problem with rushes in a field I haven't had time to mow this summer. Thing they are deducting me for that. Mentioned something about appealing. I will have to wait until I get their paper work.

Allot of hassle and stress on my dad which he didn't need. I was only back to work today so could t take time off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Two came out and walked every sq foot of the place. Also had to get sheep in to check tag numbers and have to hand in dispatch book. They also had a look around sheds. Is this not cross compliance??
    I was t there my dad was. One problem with rushes in a field I haven't had time to mow this summer. Thing they are deducting me for that. Mentioned something about appealing. I will have to wait until I get their paper work.

Allot of hassle and stress on my dad which he didn't need. I was only back to work today so could t take time off

Have your cattle access to that field? A neighbour showed cow dung to prove the cattle had access. I wouldn’t be an expert in this area though.

• Advertisement

Have your cattle access to that field? A neighbour showed cow dung to prove the cattle had access. I wouldn’t be an expert in this area though.

Only have sheep and yes they fo have access. Left it in the real heatwave as it is a paddock with not much shelter. They were shielding it from the sun

Only have sheep and yes they fo have access. Left it in the real heatwave as it is a paddock with not much shelter. They were shielding it from the sun

Someone else may be better experts than I but maybe take a few photos of the sheep ding/grazed area to show you are grazing it. It might help. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Ya I've heard of lads deliberately driving cattle in fields infested by rushes on the day of an inspection. Can't very well say they don't have access if there in it. One lad I know even emptied a few bags of nuts in spots all around the field to keep um in there a simulate grazing.

I'd prefer to just have the feckers topped and sprayed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

An unusual one for us.
    A neighbour sold land (about 10-15acres) to forestry and planted it in 2002.
    AFAIK they have/had no right of way in or out and only access is through our roads/ land. And at the time they went in and planted and a neighbour told them they had no rights to take their machinery out. Dad let them use our road with no issues, it wasn’t his style to cause trouble and it’s not ours either.

Now they can assess through another forestry if they fell and build a road and deal with the owners to do so.

Anyway we received a letter off them today requesting a meeting to discuss access routes to the land for thinning and harvesting.

Has anyone ever had something like that. Or what am I to expect?

Could be a great chance to get a farm roadway widened/upgraded. Could also be a great chance to get a definitive legal agreement in place for the future.
    With an eye to the main chance, and given the low value of clearfelled land, ask for ownership of the 15 acres post clearance! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Could be a great chance to get a farm roadway widened/upgraded. Could also be a great chance to get a definitive legal agreement in place for the future.
    With an eye to the main chance, and given the low value of clearfelled land, ask for ownership of the 15 acres post clearance! :D

You might as well tell him you want his daughters too while your at it, and his tractor.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

You might as well tell him you want his daughters too while your at it, and his tractor.

I would need to see the daughter .........

• Advertisement

Topped 2 small fields this morning. Hadn't been topped in a good few years. Full of rushes. Had been too wet other years to go near it. Very satisfying to look back at them driving out

whelan2 wrote: »
    Topped 2 small fields this morning. Hadn't been topped in a good few years. Full of rushes. Had been too wet other years to go near it. Very satisfying to look back at them driving out

I got stuck topping yeasterday- could do with a bit of sunshine. :)

Waiting on a friend in another 4wd to get me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

Willfarman wrote: »
    For nostalgia? You pick ups topper or mower for smallish money just as handy

No want cut few rushes n thought finger bar be best job for it

marathon wrote: »
    No want cut few rushes n thought finger bar be best job for it

Topper or mower.

Fingerbar would break your heat if rushes anyway strongish.

I got stuck topping yeasterday- could do with a bit of sunshine. :)

Waiting on a friend in another 4wd to get me out.

There's some tracks were I was topping. Was in low second for some of it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement