Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭148multi

grassroot1 wrote: »
    I beg your pardon but in the lady's defence she has licked all the rushs in Leitrim to death

The EU will be in a tissy, Carbon neutral cows in letrim, there will be blood, blackberry blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

whelan2 wrote: »
    Does the one dose they get for it as calves cover them forever?

It's not a vaccine, it's like worms in an adult animal, they develop their immunity to it.
    There's usually an underlying reason for them being susceptible as adults. I know from lambs that cocci can be in the dung samples without the sheep showing any illness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Thanks lads. Never thought of using the insert for either . One last question - about how many wraps would they hold?

Cage holds about 100/120 wraps

The insert about 200/225 nets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Cage holds about 100/120 wraps

The insert about 200/225 nets

Is it not awkward to get the plastic out of the cage again? I got one of the jfc round bin things last year. Think it's a mighty job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

We put the wraps on a pallet and put a bale on top to compress them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The gearbox is gone in our hyundai tuscan cow jeep. Engine is good. What is it worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Is it not awkward to get the plastic out of the cage again? I got one of the jfc round bin things last year. Think it's a mighty job.

no

Bring it to the plastic collection place. flip it over, pick up the pallet with loader and one or 2 quick jolts and jobs a good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Base price wrote: »

The rescue services love using their cutting equipment. Wonder what condition was the tractor in after the operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The rescue services love using their cutting equipment. Wonder what condition was the tractor in after the operation.

Only the top link from the front weight was cut. All the other pics are the poles that fell aganist the cab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

How much?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

How much?

Think it could have been 300. Just uses the plastic from the first bale as a liner. Really handy. Was sick of plastic blowing around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Clear test today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Congrats BP!

Heifers little calf went into the bin today to get shelter from the rain. All well & good, until the heifer went in after her:pac: Nudged her out & she took the bin with her (it's one we got for free with two back legs gone so it sits on two stumps) and it came off one stump. Dad was off gallivanting on the quad somewhere so I called mum out to roll the stump back under while i lifted/pushed it back up. Now that thing is heavy so I was flat out getting it a foot off the ground and my mother goes and puts both her arms under it :eek::eek::eek:
    Now i know what parents feel like. The roar I let at her!!

Just back from the fleadh. Great evening. Great buzz about the town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

They reckon it will bring about 40 million into the town. That's some spending. Great craic I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Was great in Cavan too, brings great life to a town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Have a fleadh evey sunday in sydney. Drinking with old stock now whove done the hard yards, theyve said an irish farmers son will go far here and ye neednt worry about qualifications etc, youll be worth millons by youre 30. Watch this space.....

Better living everyone

_Brian wrote: »
    Was great in Cavan too, brings great life to a town

Park and ride facility from local gaa club. Bus drops you right in the centre of the action

• Advertisement

Have a fleadh evey sunday in sydney. Drinking with old stock now whove done the hard yards, theyve said an irish farmers son will go far here and ye neednt worry about qualifications etc, youll be worth millons by youre 30. Watch this space.....

Haha are they all millionaires as well?

When you're actually winning an argument on the vegan forum, the vegan poster has gone loopy and is insulting everone and a mod comes along and deletes everything, including correct responses.

gorilla%2Brage.png

When you're actually winning an argument on the vegan forum, the vegan poster has gone loopy and is insulting everone and a mod comes along and deletes everything, including correct responses.

gorilla%2Brage.png
    Was it the usual loopy one?

Was it the usual loopy one?

One who posts lots of videos and doesn't do much else.

Did you ever try the vegan life or am I mixing you up?
    I'd say it would do me the world of good but I'd go out of my head without ham

Bullocks wrote: »
    Did you ever try the vegan life or am I mixing you up?
    I'd say it would do me the world of good but I'd go out of my head without ham

Mixing me up! I tried vegetarian for a while but not for me. I'd eat vegan/vegetarian main meals without thinking for a day or two though, am a big fan of veg & salad. But then I could eat solid cheese/meat/fish for the next two days :pac:
    What's annoying me is I'd happily discuss and talk about vegan stuff, would try out recipes etc. But it's just my way or no way in there. Was a new poster in last night, still ate eggs. Was told to see about an implant for her friends chicken to stop it laying eggs. FFS. And we're the ones pumping animals full of hormones!!!!!

• Advertisement

Mixing me up! I tried vegetarian for a while but not for me. I'd eat vegan/vegetarian main meals without thinking for a day or two though, am a big fan of veg & salad. But then I could eat solid cheese/meat/fish for the next two days :pac:
    What's annoying me is I'd happily discuss and talk about vegan stuff, would try out recipes etc. But it's just my way or no way in there. Was a new poster in last night, still ate eggs. Was told to see about an implant for her friends chicken to stop it laying eggs. FFS. And we're the ones pumping animals full of hormones!!!!!
    The best way to stop a hen laying is to eat her 😂

The best way to stop a hen laying is to eat her ��

Am disappointed in you Bullocks.

I thought you'd say butt plug.:pac::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Hit with the man flu here, tis possible the world may end id say.....

Am disappointed in you Bullocks.

Not the first lady I've disappointed!

I thought you'd say butt plug.:pac::P
    No way, I've seen those videos and couldn't recommend them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The virulently anti-farming one. Who believes all farmers live off subsidies and that we're "a bunch of scrounging as*****" - owtte.

Probably doing more than anyone thing else to turn posters off from having any thoughts about veganism whatsover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I'll see ye's all again on the other side.

I may be a while. :pac:

20180818_225456.jpg

20180818_225456.jpg

You have issues

Reggie. wrote: »
    You have issues

Duurty issues!

You have issues

No, it's a book. Not an issue :P

Ye pair of freaks

Ye pair of freaks

I'm reading a series called the Gentleman Bastard books right now :D

I'm reading a series called the Gentleman Bastard books right now :D

I'm on chapter two about Charles Darwin and his worms making soil and burying ruins of ancient buildings and how each year he said they brought up between 10 to 20 tons of soil per acre to the surface.

Gripping stuff!!!!

I'm on chapter two about Charles Darwin and his worms making soil and burying ruins of ancient buildings and how each year he said they brought up between 10 to 20 tons of soil per acre to the surface.

Gripping stuff!!!!

My protagonist just faked illness to get away from his chiefs daughters fake funeral (who he had been given permission to date) so he can dress up as the Grey King and meet him, because he's being blackmailed by the real Grey King ðŸ˜

My protagonist just faked illness to get away from his chiefs daughters fake funeral (who he had been given permission to date) so he can dress up as the Grey King and meet him, because he's being blackmailed by the real Grey King ðŸ˜

Nah.

Scottish worms and humic acids are better craic.

Nah.

Scottish worms and humic acids are better craic.

They nabbed him and now he's in a barrel of horse piss floating down a river after getting the shíte kicked out of him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Call me sad but some of my favourites books are first hand accounts of farming written by actual farmers. Come across these from time to time to read .

Two I can think of are - Corn In Egypt written by W. Deeping (1941) and Red Dragon Farm by A.M Morrison (1964)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

They nabbed him and now he's in a barrel of horse piss floating down a river after getting the shíte kicked out of him :D
    Love those books-of he could ever get on with the next one. I'm jealous of you reading them for the first time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Haha are they all millionaires as well?

Doing well for themselves in there own little ways they said 😂 there around the 50 mark and there still living like 20 year olds and look like 30 year olds so they must be doing something right

Better living everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Gripping stuff!!!!
    Darwin favourite creature was the earthworm. He left stones ofor different sizes in a field and over a few decades they dissappear ed through earthworm activity

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Darwin favourite creature was the earthworm. He left stones ofor different sizes in a field and over a few decades they dissappear ed through earthworm activity

He wasn't much of a farmer though. :pac:
    It seems he had a field like Greenfield's in Kilkenny when his children were young.

20 years later it was said a horse could gallop across the field without hitting a stone. He dug down and sure enough a few inches down the stones were still there. The worms had just buried them in soil over the years.

20180818_225456.jpg

Where did you buy that book Say my name? I wouldn't mind picking it up for the father, he likes that stuff as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

20180818_225456.jpg

I take it you've seen this;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQACN-XiqHU

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Best of luck to all our Limerick and Galway friends on the road to Dublin this morning. Have a sneaky feeling for Likerick.

L1985 wrote: »
    Love those books-of he could ever get on with the next one. I'm jealous of you reading them for the first time!!

It's very good, started it a couple of nights ago & ended up not going to sleep til after 3am :pac: Am at 20% read now.

Had to get some last minute help on captions for humorous photos on Twitter last night, some very good ones! I'm not witty at all on them.
    ''Unexpected item in the bagging area'' made me LOL way too much!!

https://twitter.com/LadyHaywire/status/1030908866626834434

• Advertisement

Where did you buy that book Say my name? I wouldn't mind picking it up for the father, he likes that stuff as well

It was a gift bought for me on Amazon.

My own father got a lend of one hell of a good book lately.
    "Cattle breeds in Ireland. A history."
    By Greg Walsh.
    The content from the breeders in Ireland and photographs is something else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement