Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

gozunda wrote:
    Best job is a mulching mower. No need to collect grass or stop to empty. Cuts cutting time by two thirds

Grand until the young lads drag the clippings in on their feet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Reggie. wrote: »
    It's because of the geothermal piping in the lawn. That's why it's big

Aaaaah ok!! I'd be thinking of a paddock for light stock though, not lawns :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

It's because of the geothermal piping in the lawn. That's why it's big

You just sound posh now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Aaaaah ok!! I'd be thinking of a paddock for light stock though, not lawns :pac:

Ran that by her but strangely I got overruled

Bullocks wrote: »
    You just sound posh now!

But I am posh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Grand until the young lads drag the clippings in on their feet

With the one I have (cant rem make) this is not a problem. Mulch is very fine and doesn't stick to your feet plus saves hours of dragging and emptying collecting box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We use some mulch mowers at work and if you don’t mow at high frequency then the effect is partly wasted.
    This still takes time away from other stuff I’d rather be doing.

I also get a bit sick talking lawns, gardens, greens and hedges all day - then coming home to the same :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

ya should leave the cuttin ta her so :P

ganmo wrote: »
    ya should leave the cuttin ta her so :P

Some hope of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I know where you could source a few calves for it

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    I know where you could source a few calves for it

So do i

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

I was looking at robotic mower for the parents a few years ago. They have a few security features. They are pin locked so if you lift them without the pin entered first an alarm goes off. Some also text you if they leave the wired area, some can be deactivated so they won't work with a different charging Dock. This will deter your honest criminal I suppose.
    Don't think I remember one with GPS location but it's the only think that would give me peace of mind.

But I am posh

If you are you must have to park the dini out of sight when you get home 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭emaherx

I doubt it's left out to get wet in the rain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Up here in Achill for a few days. Tis a grand spot when the sun is out

emaherx wrote: »
    I doubt it's left out to get wet in the rain!

No point having expensive machinery and no shed for them

Why park her out of sight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

make the misses jealous? :pac:

I thought a posh house might prefer a deer or Massey outside ðŸ˜

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Up here in Achill for a few days. Tis a grand spot when the sun is out

Nice place alright, Mulrany has a fine hotel and nice beaches as well on the way into Aichill.
    Are you going on the cycle lane?

• Advertisement

Nice place alright, Mulrany has a fine hotel and nice beaches as well on the way into Aichill.
    Are you going on the cycle lane?

Have the bike alright. I was swimming there at Keel beach earlier and drove around the island. I have the height of respect for any person who makes a living off the land up west.

Have the bike alright. I was swimming there at Keel beach earlier and drove around the island. I have the height of respect for any person who makes a living off the land up west.

Yeah it is hill farming and pretty extensive alright. You should buy a few lambs to bring home for the craic to fatten with your own.....

Yeah it is hill farming and pretty extensive alright. You should buy a few lambs to bring home for the craic to fatten with your own.....

Long spin hole in the back of the van for them haha. Any suggestions on a pub for a good pint ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Cattle scanned. 10/12 definitely in calf- most 6-10 weeks in calf.

Bit of relief but I’ll start replacing those calving late next year.

Long spin hole in the back of the van for them haha. Any suggestions on a pub for a good pint ?

No I never drank there really, the sister has a few buddies up there and has great nights out though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

The amethyst bar in keel is a good spot food is good too.
    Lynoots pub is worth a visit it's a small place but some great ould cranky characters in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Cattle scanned. 10/12 definitely in calf- most 6-10 weeks in calf.

Bit of relief but I’ll start replacing those calving late next year.

Good stuff. Do you think feeding the dairy nuts helped?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

What date in September was the ANC payments made last year? Mine was delayed so didnt get it on first run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Good stuff. Do you think feeding the dairy nuts helped?

Dunno. I don’t see improvement in them as they were on good grass. They were pretty much all in calf the last time we scanned but it wasn’t showing.

It was very handy for the lad minding the cattle while I was abroad- they came straight up to him and he hadn’t to look.

Some of The cattle I have are not up to scratch as we sold all the good cows when dad got sick. I will replace some out next year.

But I’ll defiantly use the dairy nuts after calving as well.

My local store was selling 16% protein for about €0.80 dearer than Liffey mills 18% so I went with the Liffey mills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

What date in September was the ANC payments made last year? Mine was delayed so didnt get it on first run
    19th of September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Base price wrote: »
    19th of September

Just in time for the ploughing!

jimini0 wrote: »
    The amethyst bar in keel is a good spot food is good too.
    Lynoots pub is worth a visit it's a small place but some great ould cranky characters in there.

Just after coming out of the amethyst there now. Fine pub with good pints of ale. I’ll try the other place tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Passed this little outfit flat to the boards today

Better living everyone

I wonder would all the cuttings off the pitches over here be of any use at all for the lads stuck in the drought?

Better living everyone

Files too big to upload, is there any other way of uploading them?

Better living everyone

• Advertisement

Have you got a photo resizer app, think the photo has to be under 4mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Or just upload it to post image and copy the direct link (the second line down) and then wrap tags around that link. Usually works for me all off my Android dinosaur.https://postimages.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

At a bit of this yesterday, second cut off it a week now and it's flying again. Was to be limed last year but just got too wet in the back end to get on it. Hopefully the rain to come tonight will wash it in and have good after grass for lambs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Jasus, we live in great times, picture on facebook of a loading shovel scraping up hundreds of tents at the electric picnic, and then referring to the 150000 packets of sandwaiches that had to be dumped after the Popes vist

wrangler wrote: »
    Jasus, we live in great times, picture on facebook of a loading shovel scraping up hundreds of tents at the electric picnic, and then referring to the 150000 packets of sandwaiches that had to be dumped after the Popes vist

Tis a long way from the Great Famine those brats were reared.

• Advertisement

There's an interesting article in the farming independent about someone who bought land in Belmullet, Co.Mayo with the sole intention of saving the corncrake.
    A special crop is nettles grown specially for the birds.
    Sounds familiar...

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

wrangler wrote: »

Watched a clip on FB last night about the clean up after EP. It's absolutley disgusting to see the mess that's left behind and then the utter waste of everything that could have been taken away and re-used. These people have no value in anything and definitely do not not know what it means to do without. made my blood boil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I messed up my knee in training last night. Was nearly in tears crossing a fence earlier

Had a bit of a drama yesterday. Dropped
    a few cattle to local mart yesterday. They said to be back in an hour to sell them. Mart is 10 minutes away from home. Went home and went to bring up a dry cow that was springing. Fooker doubled back just before we got her to the yard. Long story short she ended up in the bottom of a double ditch. Took an hour to get her out. Rang a neighbour and he sold the cattle for me. Cow calved last night with twin fr bulls, one dead. Great to have good neighbours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

There's an interesting article in the farming independent about someone who bought land in Belmullet, Co.Mayo with the sole intention of saving the corncrake.
    Sounds familiar...

Not sure if it's the same person, but similar was definitely done by a fellow boardsie.

Parishlad wrote: »
    Watched a clip on FB last night about the clean up after EP. It's absolutley disgusting to see the mess that's left behind and then the utter waste of everything that could have been taken away and re-used. These people have no value in anything and definitely do not not know what it means to do without. made my blood boil!

It's amazing how much has changed in just 10 years when i was festival going, this buy it cheap/use it once lifestyle is disgusting. I'd be mortified leaving things behind me at a campsite.
    Whoever circulated the rumour that whats left behind is given to the homeless needs a short sharp wallop. To the face. With a tent.

Sounds familiar...

Was that the vet?

Was that the vet?

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

192 bales in the bank yesterday evening off 22 acres that was closed 6 and a half weeks. Cut Monday midday and tedded straight away and again yesterday morning. Savage crop.

192 bales in the bank yesterday evening off 22 acres that was closed 6 and a half weeks. Cut Monday midday and tedded straight away and again yesterday morning. Savage crop.

Seems to be an awful amount if silage done the last few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

This week has put a fair dent in the upcoming fodder crisis. Never saw as much silage being done as yesterday in the North West.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement