Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭valtra2

_Brian wrote: »
    Never heard of Johnny Kingdom until now!
    Plenty of stuff on YouTube

Me either, must have been before my time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

valtra2 wrote: »
    Me either, must have been before my time

2006 to 2015. BBC 2 and then ITV.

Too much time on Boards lad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Say's the fella with an average of about 200 posts a month to the fella with an average of 50 a year.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Say's the fella with an average of about 200 posts a month to the fella with an average of 50 a year.
    Says the fella with so little to do to even look that up.

Says the fella with so little to do to even look that up.

Stop spouting waffle, it's written under his name next to every post he makes.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

It depends whether you use boards on a laptop/phone, on a phone no post count shows up unless you go into their profile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Bought stuff off a man I kind of know there two weeks ago, told him that day I’d send him a deposit bank transfer and he said no need twas grand, not replying to msgs or calls now not happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

simx wrote: »
    Bought stuff off a man I kind of know there two weeks ago, told him that day I’d send him a deposit bank transfer and he said no need twas grand, not replying to msgs or calls now not happy

Ringing a number on an ad on DoneDeal since Thursday. No answer. Tried texting too. You'd wonder why they bother putting up ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    Ringing a number on an ad on DoneDeal since Thursday. No answer. Tried texting too. You'd wonder why they bother putting up ads
    I was ringing for quotes from a place up your side of the country for the last 6 weeks and nobody called back even after leaving messages with reception and on the numbers on the website.

Last chance yesterday and explained that I wanted a number to contact and all my previous messages weren't answered. Turns out they wrote down the wrong numbers when taking the messages. I've done the same on Donedeal myself when putting up ads:o

Just out from doctors with one of the kids. Sinus. That's the start of it all again now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

simx wrote: »

Did you get what you ordered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

ganmo wrote: »
    Did you get what you ordered?

It was secondhand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭valtra2

Na guys i was just a poor famer with no English channels. Oh ya and I had a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have a Grays loader on a tractor. In the past someobe had replaced one ram with a different, thinner one.
    I priced getting a new one made to ofiginal spec, but would cost almost 500 euro.

Then on Done Deal saw a complete loader for sale for less than the price of 1 new ram.
    Rang him and arranged to view.
    Viewed it, and rang to arrange purchase.
    No answer. Rang for a week, left messages, text etc, no answer.
    Thought "he has sold it to someone else, the basťard".

Turned out he was at a funeral in the UK, and stayed a few days with family there.

Turned out OK in the end!
    (PS, Anyone need a set of Greys Lynkon brackets to fit a 100 series Massey?) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Just out from doctors with one of the kids. Sinus. That's the start of it all again now...

26 year old getting all puffy around cheeks and eyes , last time he had to go on double antibiotics horrible dose,

what was the name of the natural remedy your dad used ? had it saved on my phone but seem to have deleted it

tried 1 or 2 places at that time , but they never heard of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

I don't 'spout'. I type, numpty.

valtra2 wrote: »
    Na guys i was just a poor famer with no English channels. Oh ya and I had a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Do you have any foreign channels now? :)

I don't 'spout'. I type, numpty.

Stop typing waffle is what I should have typed so.

Either way it's no big deal, you win the internet argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Has the rain got everyone pissy already? :pac:

Anyone any good courgette recipes? I'm overloaded, currently 10 in the fridge & they keep growing! And now it's apple season too, baked a Dorset apple traybake this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Yes - and alot more on the way next week:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Anyone any good courgette recipes? I'm overloaded, currently 10 in the fridge & they keep growing! And now it's apple season too, baked a Dorset apple traybake this evening.
    Yep, apple and courgette chutney, lots of recipes online.

Have two eating apple trees here and we're overloaded with apples.
    Stewed apple as desert after every dinner lately and friends, neighbours or anyone we have an excuse to call onto get a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Have two eating apple trees here and we're overloaded with apples.
    Stewed apple as desert after every dinner lately and friends, neighbours or anyone we have an excuse to call onto get a few.

Stewed apple and ice-cream. Can't be bet

Anyone watching the England Spain game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Anyone have their own hens here? Brother got some recently and the eggs are lovely. Shells are harder to break and the whites not as runny.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »
    Stewed apple and ice-cream. Can't be bet

Custard gives icecream a fair run for it's money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Anyone have their own hens here? Brother got some recently and the eggs are lovely. Shells are harder to break and the whites not as runny.

Yep.
    Although a few of our hens stopped laying and are only passengers now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Yep.
    Although a few of our hens stopped laying and are only passengers now.

Forty of them here. Few layers, few passengers and then a few chicks.

This week in Say my name's book club.
    We are mostly reading this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Since 2012,100k less calves from suckler cows,300k more from dairy cows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

have a dozen and a couple of ducks n a drake, love seeing the ducks waddling around the yard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

have a dozen and a couple of ducks n a drake, love seeing the ducks waddling around the yard

Are they tasty? I like a bit of duck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Same type situation here. Sister has hens and ducks. She leaves over surplus eggs and we've none of the ****e or smell!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Corgette cake. Like carrot cake but moister

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

My youngest managed 3 days at school before me getting a call to come and pick her up. Sinus too! We dosed her with painkillers and stuck her over a bowl of hot salty water to steam every couple of hours and it actually worked!! Took 2 days before she got much relief but is now fine and we didn't end up in the doctor's.

KatyMac wrote: »
    My youngest managed 3 days at school before me getting a call to come and pick her up. Sinus too! We dosed her with painkillers and stuck her over a bowl of hot salty water to steam every couple of hours and it actually worked!! Took 2 days before she got much relief but is now fine and we didn't end up in the doctor's.
    She also has a fungal ear infection, which was a new one on us :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Just back from dropping eldest for her first day at college. Even though only one gone the house is quiter:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

I know Donedeal gets a bad rap at times, but i advertised a digger last Saturday and it was sold on monday, deposit paid, collected and fully paid for on Wednesday.
    Advertised cow mats at 11 this morning, sold this evening at 8 with deposit paid. He said he'll collect Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I know Donedeal gets a bad rap at times, but i advertised a digger last Saturday and it was sold on monday, deposit paid, collected and fully paid for on Wednesday.
    Advertised cow mats at 11 this morning, sold this evening at 8 with deposit paid. He said he'll collect Friday.

Was it lakill. He has issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Stupid question-what eats mushrooms?? I found a load with perfect bites taken out of them....like a human bite type mark....wondering what's lurking in our woods now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Bit of investigating to do this evening. Kids dropped at child minder and just on my way to work at 8 this morning when mam rang to say there were cattle up the avenue and by the side of the house. Turned around sharp and got em back into the yard handy. On quick inspection though couldn't see where or how they came out of the field they were in.
    Also looks like postman drove up past them on the avenue dropped the mail and fcuked off!
    Only blessing is i could see they came to the very end of the avenue facing the road which is very busy at that time. Must have been spooked by the traffic and turned back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Reggie. wrote: »
    Was it lakill. He has issues

Ha ha. No, not lakill. I doubt he'd come to west cork for cow mats (altho ive heard its all he'll sleep on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

L1985 wrote: »
    Stupid question-what eats mushrooms?? I found a load with perfect bites taken out of them....like a human bite type mark....wondering what's lurking in our woods now!!

slugs

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Horrible evening here in Cavan, got wet more than once today. Came home and lit the stove, bliss.

Horrible evening here in Cavan, got wet more than once today. Came home and lit the stove, bliss.

Same as that. I've quit now so shower and relax

slugs

Thanks-I'm now wondering if we have giant slugs lurking as these guys have some appetite!!

Thanks-I'm now wondering if we have giant slugs lurking as these guys have some appetite!!

Carry a shotgun at night just to be safe

There's a Labrador with a long tail on the loose in Cork.

I just remembered as a teenager coming home at 4 in the morning taking off my shoes before going in the door stepping into the hall and squashing this slug...:.in bare feet....the screech out of me could have woken the dead (gave my parents some fright)-maybe it's taking them a few years and they are building a giant slug army in retaliation??

• Advertisement

I just remembered as a teenager coming home at 4 in the morning taking off my shoes before going in the door stepping into the hall and squashing this slug...:.in bare feet....the screech out of me could have woken the dead (gave my parents some fright)-maybe it's taking them a few years and they are building a giant slug army in retaliation??
    I stand on a slug about once a week k here in our kitchen. Gross

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement