Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

_Brian wrote: »
    Horrible evening here in Cavan, got wet more than once today. Came home and lit the stove, bliss.

Fighting the urge, but real tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

whelan2 wrote: »
    I stand on a slug about once a week k here in our kitchen. Gross

Salt will cure the fcukers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Do many of ye use ebay Lads? Was looking at a drill the other evening and ordered it by mistake but never payed for it. Messaged the seller to say so and they said it had been shipped a few days previous and I'd have to return it upon arrival. Can't understand how they would ship it without payment and also how they managed to do it 4 days before I accidently bought it. Never entered my card details so it's definitely not paid for. What's the chances it will arrive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Do many of ye use ebay Lads? Was looking at a drill the other evening and ordered it by mistake but never payed for it. Messaged the seller to say so and they said it had been shipped a few days previous and I'd have to return it upon arrival. Can't understand how they would ship it without payment and also how they managed to do it 4 days before I accidently bought it. Never entered my card details so it's definitely not paid for. What's the chances it will arrive?

E-Bay will store your card details from the previous purchase, so it's very easy buy accidentally now.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have you a PayPal account linked to your ebay account?
    Even if you have, you should have got a "pay now" notification that you would have to click.
    Seems odd.
    Where is it coming from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Contact eBay and query the purchase, they’re reasonable to deal with, ask whether your account could have been compromised. Also check your delivery address etc hasn’t been changed.

E-Bay will store your card details from the previous purchase, so it's very easy buy accidentally now.

No previous transactions. Never gave card details.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Have you a PayPal account linked to your ebay account?
    Even if you have, you should have got a "pay now" notification that you would have to click.
    Seems odd.
    Where is it coming from?

No PayPal account. I got the notification alright but didn't pay. The UK.

No previous transactions. Never gave card details.

That screams "scam" so.

_Brian wrote: »
    Contact eBay and query the purchase, they’re reasonable to deal with, ask whether your account could have been compromised. Also check your delivery address etc hasn’t been changed.

I'll do that. Delivery address is correct though and it was my mistake in fairness. Wouldn't mind too much if I hadn't bought a drill elsewhere in the meantime :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Bit of investigating to do this evening. Kids dropped at child minder and just on my way to work at 8 this morning when mam rang to say there were cattle up the avenue and by the side of the house. Turned around sharp and got em back into the yard handy. On quick inspection though couldn't see where or how they came out of the field they were in.
    Also looks like postman drove up past them on the avenue dropped the mail and fcuked off!
    Only blessing is i could see they came to the very end of the avenue facing the road which is very busy at that time. Must have been spooked by the traffic and turned back up.

Baffled me for a while last evening. Was thinking the cattle must have been drinking red bull and flown over the hedge !!
    Always a combination of little things. Battery dead in the fencer Screw in insulator had pulled out of a stake so the wire was hanging. One of em must have put his head through the hedge picking at grass and eventually came through and shur rest followed.
    Now reckon if it wasnt for the postman I'd be busy making arrangements to sort neighbours lawns

I'll do that. Delivery address is correct though and it was my mistake in fairness. Wouldn't mind too much if I hadn't bought a drill elsewhere in the meantime :rolleyes:

I suppose you hadn't bid on the thing, got outbid, and forgot about the auction?
    In a long running auction, say 14 days, if the high bidder retracts their bid you could end up winning something you were no longer interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I just found out the narcissist Donald Trump never kept a pet and is the first president since 1850 to not have a pet dog, cat, mouse, pony, horse, parrot, canary, cow, sheep, tiger or alligator at the White House.
    He doesn't see the point of a pet probably because it might take some attention away from the Donald.
    The Monster!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I just found out the narcissist Donald Trump never kept a pet and is the first president since 1850 to not have a pet dog, cat, mouse, pony, horse, parrot, canary, cow, sheep, tiger or alligator at the White House.
    He doesn't see the point of a pet probably because it might take some attention away from the Donald.
    The Monster!!

What goes on in that head of yours

Reggie. wrote: »
    What goes on in that head of yours

Not much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago and even though I reported it to ebay the seller contacted me again afterwards threatening to leave bad feedback if I did not complete the "purchase".

In fairness to ebay they take these type of incidents very seriously and are great to keep you up to date on investigations.

They sorted it in the end and while they didn't actually say it was a scam I'd be fairly sure that's what it was.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The Monster!!

I think youll find Donald has aquired and trained several pets.
    We even know their names.
    Marla, Ivana and Melania.

Its telling that he has kept none of his pets for all their lives, but replaced them when he gets bored with them.

Two of them wouldn't even be allowed into the country if he got his way since becoming President.

On a similar note to trump, has anyone got any explanation as to why 3 'Dragons' would go forward for the presidentail election. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TPF2012

On a similar note to trump, has anyone got any explanation as to why 3 'Dragons' would go forward for the presidentail election. The mind boggles.

Egotism.

On the theme that I started.

Narcissism!!!

Especially since becoming famous on de telly.

Ah no. I'm only joking.:pac:
    It's probably to represent the country abroad in a fair and decent manner. To help the poor and unfortunate in our society. To give a voice to those that have no voice. To stand up for all that is good and noble in this country. To be a beacon of hope and role model to those that have no hope...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Cleaning out the calf house today and one of the rams in the tine grab was leaking fairly badly. It's been poor since I bought it it gone very bad now so I decided to look on Donedeal to see about getting a new ram and turns out there's a lad not too far from me doing repairs so I might go and get a quote on getting them repaired.

I really need to delete Donedeal from my phone:rolleyes:

Well, I believe it to be a sympton of the global downturn in the construction industry this last ten years.
    The prize is a 7 year tenancy in a listed 95 room Regency mansion in a prestidgeous Dublin address, plus a salary of 250,000 per year for 7 years ( if they behave themselves) and 141,000 a year pension for life.

For Sean Gallagher in particular,his business was a multi-wire entertainment and control system to be incorporated into new build houses and appartments. (SmartHome)
    Time and timing went against him, everything is going wireless, and the system was incorporated into two multi unit appartment blocks (over 80 appartments) that went bust that I personally know off, its highly doubtfull if he got paid for those two, and who knows how many other buildings.

I dont know anything about the other two, except that Kerr has retired from his coffee shop business, and presumably has been well compensated.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Well, I believe it to be a sympton of the global downturn in the construction industry this last ten years.
    The prize is a a 7 year tenancy in a listed 95 room Regency mansion in a prestidgeous Dublin address, plus a salary of 250,000 per year for 7 years ( if they behave themselves) and 141,000 a year pension for life.

For Sean Gallagher in particular,his business was a multi-wire entertainment and control system to be incorporated into new build houses and appartments. (SmartHome)
    Time and timing went against him, everything is going wireless, and the system was incorporated into two multi unit appartment blocks (over 80 appartments) that went bust that I personally know off, its highly doubtfull if he got paid for those two, and who knows how many other buildings.

I dont know anything about the other two, except that Kerr has retired from his coffee shop business, and presumably has been well compensated.

141,000 a year pension....is that right! :eek:

Might go for it myself so!! :D

As for those Trump wannabe's that are running for election...I wouldn't like to be the chef tasked with feeding their egos!

If you won it Parishlad, I wonder if the Missus then qualifies for the State Non-Contrib. pension whey you get the 141k a year? :D
    What with a bit of Glas money, the Greening and the SFP, a fellow would be in a position to keep on farming!

The Monster!!

Apparently the Donald was quite offended by this post and has just decided to not visit Ireland now.

Seemingly the Irelandians are not worthy of his presence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

The prize is a 7 year tenancy in a listed 95 room Regency mansion in a prestidgeous Dublin address, plus a salary of 250,000 per year for 7 years ( if they behave themselves) and 141,000 a year pension for life.

I wonder is it anything to do with splitting the vote, meaning that when the first dragon went in the other 2 went forward in order to dilute the vote so the first wouldn't get in. imagine the bragging rights that 1 would have over the others then

Voting is by PR isn't it? So transfers would do more for the Dragons than Michael D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Voting is by PR isn't it? So transfers would do more for the Dragons than Michael D.

Yeah, I reckon the other two entered to split the initial vote and help Gallagher then with the transfers.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

ya but first to 50% wins.
    my reasoning was that the dragons would have a lot of the same voting pool ie business people and chamber of commerce types

• Advertisement

Kerr invested in a cheese business down here and there was a, erm, sundering of objectives in the business and the cheeses are being produced in Kerry again but I don't know if the naming rights were recovered as well.

I spoke to a guy that was on the Irish Dragon's Den. He struck a deal. Saw it myself on da telly. When I asked him about it, he just laughed. 'Ah that was just TV". He never got any money.
    Similar story highlighted in the UK version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I was half way through goggling before I realised- I thought ‘3 Dragons’ was a rapper or something and you were talking about the next US election.

Although if they were a wrapper it would be 3 dragonz

Had a cow with tetany today lads. Keep an eye out.

I spoke to a guy that was on the Irish Dragon's Den. He struck a deal. Saw it myself on da telly. When I asked him about it, he just laughed. 'Ah that was just TV". He never got any money.
    Similar story highlighted in the UK version.
    There was some changes carried out with this investment with the cheese being made in Cork though still carrying the 'made from Kerry grass' tagline apparently.

You'd wonder how long any of those investments actually last after the show in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Cleaning out the calf house today and one of the rams in the tine grab was leaking fairly badly. It's been poor since I bought it it gone very bad now so I decided to look on Donedeal to see about getting a new ram and turns out there's a lad not too far from me doing repairs so I might go and get a quote on getting them repaired.

I really need to delete Donedeal from my phone:rolleyes:

€80 to repair it. If you could get the seals, you'd do it yourself handy for pocket money. Just work a stilton on the top cap and screw off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Apparently the Donald was quite offended by this post and has just decided to not visit Ireland now.

Seemingly the Irelandians are not worthy of his presence.

Bugger, and I was looking forward to telling him to feck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

ganmo wrote: »
    ya but first to 50% wins.
    my reasoning was that the dragons would have a lot of the same voting pool ie business people and chamber of commerce types

I'm voting for the lad with the impressive beard from Roscommon that featured in todays farming indo - he'd be as good as any of them in this grubby pantomime of political mediocrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Just back from a walk on the pookie-house* road and realised that there's a house right next to it which nobody ever slept in, yet someone was waked in. Thought it a very Irish thing for a house to be :pac:

*Linky to pookie post.

Odelay wrote: »
    Bugger, and I was looking forward to telling him to feck off.

Fr Jack Odelay is in the house! :)

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I'm voting for the lad with the impressive beard from Roscommon that featured in todays farming indo - he'd be as good as any of them in this grubby pantomime of political mediocrity.

He might need the votes to get his deposit back. Would prefer him over Gallagher tbh

• Advertisement

Just back from a walk on the pookie-house* road and realised that there's a house right next to it which nobody ever slept in, yet someone was waked in. Thought it a very Irish thing for a house to be :pac:

*Linky to pookie post.

Is it up on airbnb? :D

Is it up on airbnb? :D

Of course :p

Of course :p

Good. I could do with a bit of eye pulling.

Good. I could do with a bit of eye pulling.

That's extra!!

Last of the slurry out this evening thank god. Had to finish up in the dark but still glad it’s out.

*Linky to pookie post.

Eerie story. How much land was in that estate?
    You must live near Kovu. :rolleyes:

Weird stuff happens.
    House not too far from us and the farmer living in it decided one of the rooms was haunted and felt he could get no peace. He got a builder to come in and block build up the internal doorway and plaster it over like it never existed. Builder was telling me about it, said it was the creepiest thing he’d ever done and it didn’t feel right. The room stayed like that for maybe 20years before house was knocked for a new development of houses.
    I wondered did they open the room before knocking the house.

I know her like the back of my hand the auld wagonface. :)

Hmm, roughly 7/8 acres or so are left, couple of fields were sold & are farmed but none adjoining the house are so it's just overgrown with rushes/scrub now. The last person to do a bit of clean up work around there has since committed suicide too. :(

There's a house beside the GAA park down the road with a blocked up room like that as well Brian. Lady who lives there now won't talk about it!

On a similar note, but complete opposite I suppose. There's a spot on our farm. It's where 3 fields meet. Lots of big stones there and big overhanging trees. I always thought it was a lovely place. Cattle would stand around there, chewing the cud. Real good feel to the place.
    I was looking through old maps on the Ordinance Survey website and low and behold, there was a house on the spot over 100 years ago. Must have been a happy house. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I know her like the back of my hand the auld wagonface. :)

Hmm, roughly 7/8 acres or so are left, couple of fields were sold & are farmed but none adjoining the house are so it's just overgrown with rushes/scrub now. The last person to do a bit of clean up work around there has since committed suicide too. :(

There's a house beside the GAA park down the road with a blocked up room like that as well Brian. Lady who lives there now won't talk about it!

Mate of mine moved into an old house belong to his two batchelor great uncles . He wasn't the first to move in but others left because they reckoned it was haunted by one of the uncles .
    Every time yer man brought a woman home the haunted bedroom would act up . Door would start slamming or the light would be on in the morning , something would fall in there . Didn't bother my mate much , I must ask him how he is getting on with it lately (he is doing a steady line now so maybe the uncle doesn't mind as much :D )

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement