Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

jimini0 wrote: »
    Has anyone seem my cattle card??? Have the test Tomorrow and went to file box last night to get the cards. One card is missing can't find it anywhere. Turned the house upside down. Wife won't be happy when she sees it.

Young calf- Check all the white envelopes in the house, might never have been taken out after it arrived.
    Unsold/bought in-Check the mart.
    Older cow- Check the vets incase they wanted a new card for some reason & forgot to give it back.

No luck? Blame the dog/child/binman/vet/wife- delete as applicable. :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Haven't looked for cards here either. Eventually they'll get the road I'd say. Before when they'd be sent off they always came back with a share missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Young calf- Check all the white envelopes in the house, might never have been taken out after it arrived.
    Unsold/bought in-Check the mart.
    Older cow- Check the vets incase they wanted a new card for some reason & forgot to give it back.

No luck? Blame the dog/child/binman/vet/wife- delete as applicable. :pac::D

It's a heifer I bought privately last December. It has just disappeared. Im Just goin to have get a new one. The vet here always takes the cards with him and posts them back out a few days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

It's a heifer I bought privately last December. It has just disappeared. Im Just goin to have get a new one. The vet here always takes the cards with him and posts them back out a few days later.

Form er94b. You'll have a new card in a few days and then you'll find the old one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

whelan2 wrote: »
    Form er94b. You'll have a new card in a few days and then you'll find the old one!

Will that form do as well for a change of breed? I have a Heifer here that you thought was AI angus but Came back as off the stock bull

• Advertisement

Will that form do as well for a change of breed? I have a Heifer here that you thought was AI angus but Came back as off the stock bull

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Found weanling down today. Trying to get up but unable to. I noticed him coughing a bit during the week but I had them done with a pouron less than a month. He was a bit snotty nosed too. Vet reckon it was a hurt, maybe nerve damage.
    Twice Vet has been out in a week. Other vet in practice put shoe on cow during the week.
    Always something. We'd be lost without the service.

Guys, any ideas how I could figure whats wrong with this guy? He's still not able to get up. Fed him some meal and cut grass this morning and he ate it away. Head is bright and alert.
    I stretched out both back legs and they don't seem to be broken. Vet did the same. I pressed down along his backbone and no response.
    Kind of at a loss. Might try lifting him later today with loader and a big strap.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Guys, any ideas how I could figure whats wrong with this guy? He's still not able to get up. Fed him some meal and cut grass this morning and he ate it away. Head is bright and alert.
    I stretched out both back legs and they don't seem to be broken. Vet did the same. I pressed down along his backbone and no response.
    Kind of at a loss. Might try lifting him later today with loader and a big strap.

Would he have white muscle disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

We had one similar-I posted it on here-never figured out what was wrong with him and he died during the snow so no PM. My advice is to factory him as so on as you can as ours kept going down and eventually died-eating away grand and no pain but wish we had bought him to the factory the first day when he got back up instead of the vet as had to wait the 30days. Hindsights a great thing thou! And yours might be completely different issue. And ours was standing for short intervals as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Where do I post the form to?

• Advertisement

Where do I post the form to?

Local dvo

Did yiu lift him? Is he inside or out?

Did yiu lift him? Is he inside or out?

Tried lifting him but no good. He's still outside. He's strong enough about 330kg, at a guess. He's still eating and drinking. Moving tail too. Neighbour reckons he'll come right, but I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Tried lifting him but no good. He's still outside. He's strong enough about 330kg, at a guess. He's still eating and drinking. Moving tail too. Neighbour reckons he'll come right, but I dunno.

How big is your freezer?would he fit?

Would he drink milk? It could give him energy

Would he drink milk? It could give him energy
    Well he was still drinking the cow. Just can't get up to her now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Well he was still drinking the cow. Just can't get up to her now.

sounds like he's hurt his back rising on cows, (if he's a bull)
    had them both ways over the years, I had to shoot one and one recovered

Had the worst referee ever in one of the kids games today. My lad- he's 10- came off the field crying. He allowed a goal that hit the post and also blew the game up 6 minutes before time was up.. Very hard not to voice your opinion at some of his decisions

Had the worst referee ever in one of the kids games today. My lad- he's 10- came off the field crying. He allowed a goal that hit the post and also blew the game up 6 minutes before time was up.. Very hard not to voice your opinion at some of his decisions

It's not as if they're being paid for it, mistakes generally go both ways,
    Don't know why any one would volunteer to ref

wrangler wrote: »
    It's not as if they're being paid for it, mistakes generally go both ways,
    Don't know why any one would volunteer to ref
    They are being paid , 4 matches a morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Sounds like that guy had Dunning Kruger Syndrome.

Heard of one guy down here who makes his off farm income reffing.

They are being paid , 4 matches a morning

.how much.....thought it was only travelling exps

.how much.....thought it was only travelling exps
    from 21 to 32 euro a game in the league my lad is in, not sure if travel expenses are on top of that. This was a young lad , I doubt he was oover 18 . Handy cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I'm as sick as a small hospital all day - vomiting bug :mad:

from 21 to 32 euro a game in the league my lad is in

Might be worth it if they did 4 matches, but I'm sure they often have to travel for only one match.

Might be worth it if they did 4 matches, but I'm sure they often have to travel for only one match.

Not sure but this lad did last Saturday and Sunday morning. 3 or 4 matches each day. Have been going to games a long time now and this lad was shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭newholland mad

our 12yo had a semi final at 9am. I thought it was funny as they played and lost 12 matches this summer only to go there to find about 20 other teams all in "semi finals" and a fiver a head in and yer man on the gate wanted a fiver for our 14yo as well. Anyway they lost and the ref was shocking aswell. The ga knows how to milk it and not a penny of that will find its way back to our local club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Must be thankless enough being a ref in fairness. Was at a few games over the weekend and some of the abuse they received was chronic to be honest. More so from the sideline and stands than the players.

Must be thankless enough being a ref in fairness. Was at a few games over the weekend and some of the abuse they received was chronic to be honest. More so from the sideline and stands than the players.

Heard there was a bit of a 'schmozzle' at one of the football games over the weekend. Sounds serious from what I heard.

• Advertisement

One of the refs around here got jip at a chaps match one night and stoped the match and wouldnt restart until the culprets left the pitch and stood outside the gate. Another night he gave the mouths the whistle and got into his car and left, that shut them up.

Heard there was a bit of a 'schmozzle' at one of the football games over the weekend. Sounds serious from what I heard.

27 cards handed out. The lads that didnt get a card will get an awful slagging, they must be quiet lads

27 cards handed out. The lads that didnt get a card will get an awful slagging, they must be quiet lads

Heard one left in an ambulance. No laughing matter.

At least Rugby is back now

Have to be in the Beacon hosp at 8am for a hernia op, guys working on the buidings tell me I'll have to leave at 5.30 am to get through the M50
    Hospital tells me I'll be out before lunch time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Did the goalies get carded?

Was that doonbeg v cooraclare? Tensions a bit high there after the incident in the spa. Was at a junior b game this morning and there was a few lads sent of aswell. Awful swinging going on.

• Advertisement

One of the refs around here got jip at a chaps match one night and stoped the match and wouldnt restart until the culprets left the pitch and stood outside the gate. Another night he gave the mouths the whistle and got into his car and left, that shut them up.

Only right. I dont think any of them set out to be biased and its easy enough to miss an incident or make a bad call in the heat of the moment.

Was that doonbeg v cooraclare? Tensions a bit high there after the incident in the spa. Was at a junior b game this morning and there was a few lads sent of aswell. Awful swinging going on.

Ya, related to the bridge throwing incident. Can't remember the teams involved. Will get update tomorrow. :D

Ya, related to the bridge throwing incident. Can't remember the teams involved. Will get update tomorrow. :D

I like the way you phrased that...Lucky none of them were killed. There's a huge drop from it.

Heard one left in an ambulance. No laughing matter.

Hard to say without being there. If it got to that level of chaos questions need to be asked.Why wasnt the match stopped early on. Did the ref lose control.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

http://www.the42.ie/tyrone-senior-football-championship-red-card-moy-edendork-sean-cavanagh-4238789-Sep2018/

It seems that it's not only farmers that are cranky because of the weather.:D

Bridge throwing? Sounds like an interesting hobby.

• Advertisement

Base price wrote: »
    I'm as sick as a small hospital all day - vomiting bug :mad:

How are you today?

I would never complain about a referee before this. I am normally delighted there's a ref there at all as it means one of the parents would have to referee otherwise and it's very hard to be impartial. This was soccer btw. Gaelic blitz tonight :)

Parishlad wrote: »
    18 mile run this morning @ 7am. Have done what jobs I needed to do today. Legs are fairly tired now so it’s feet up for the evening! :D

Did you see the lad yesterday who got the new marathon world record?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There's a long and colourful history between those two. A friend of mine played for Cooraclare and gave me a bit of a breakdown of the years he was playing and some of the happenings during and after games:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

How are you today?
    Thank God the vomiting & diarrhea have stopped but I didn't sleep a wink with my tummy rattling about. Ive taken a couple of hot dioralytes and they are staying down, otherwise I'm good.

There's a long and colourful history between those two. A friend of mine played for Cooraclare and gave me a bit of a breakdown of the years he was playing and some of the happenings during and after games:D

In case you missed it this happened 2 weeks ago to add a bit more fuel to the mix. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gaa-players-seriously-injured-in-10m-fall-from-bridge-37275836.html

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Did you see the lad yesterday who got the new marathon world record?

Saw that alright! Unbelievable! The 2hr mark is bound to go soon enough. Really can't understand how they can keep that speed up for 26 miles! It's about 4mins 38secs a mile........for 26 miles!!!! :eek:
    A friend of mine ran a great time of 3hrs 7mins. I just wish the October weekend was here now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I see Bova are selling off their entire pbr limousin herd, they have some serious stock

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I see Bova are selling off their entire pbr limousin herd, they have some serious stock

Saw that. No auction date as such. You contact them and arrange a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Saw that. No auction date as such. You contact them and arrange a visit.

Anyone hear any reason why?.

Maybe I should organize a sale as well :cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement