Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I love seeing them - something thrillingly spooky about them despite being harmless yolks. A positive sign too in terms of the quality of the local environment

We went on a “bat walk” in local forest one night lead by an expert, it was really interesting and enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Grueller

_Brian wrote: »
    We went on a “bat walk” in local forest one night lead by an expert, it was really interesting and enjoyable.

Some of my bat boxes for glas have tenants in situ too. Delighted to see them there after the effort of making and installing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

148multi wrote: »
    Well you weren't lost for long 😉 ⭐⭐⭐

It's very possible that was my local church, they had a big bat problem & was reroofed in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Batwatch Ireland organise dusk meetings to explore for colonies of bats. They have also been doing a kind of mass observation project, where volunteers pick grid references from a map of Ireland and pledge to survey them.
    They will loan you an ultrasonic reciever/amplifier to listen to the bats when found ( or you can buy them for about 80 euro) and tberefore determine the species.
    Someone must have surveyed that house as part of their area (usually a couple of townlands in size), logged bats there and then reported when builders moved back in.

And I thought, I need to get out more...........

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

What meal bin would ye recommend, JFC high black bin, JFC with yellow lid or Kingspan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

mayota wrote: »
    What meal bin would ye recommend, JFC high black bin, JFC with yellow lid or Kingspan?

Have a couple of the yellow lid ones here, find them grand. Is it awkward to get the last of the meal out of the high black bins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,861 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

2 dogs roaming into my yard the last few days. My dad followed them yesterday and found the house they are from. No one at home but left word with neighbours that there would be consequences if they come around again. I was away today but the dogs were here again when oh came home in his lorry. I hate the politics of dealing with this crap. I don't want to fall out with these people but dont want the dogs here. Rang dog warden yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

whelan2 wrote: »
    2 dogs roaming into my yard the last few days. My dad followed them yesterday and found the house they are from. No one at home but left word with neighbours that there would be consequences if they come around again. I was away today but the dogs were here again when oh came home in his lorry. I hate the politics of dealing with this crap. I don't want to fall out with these people but dont want the dogs here. Rang dog warden yesterday.

Id try to appease neighbours as much as I can. My cattle are going to be in their garden more often than their dogs in mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭emaherx

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Id try to appease neighbours as much as I can. My cattle are going to be in their garden more often than their dogs in mine.

Sounds like you need better fencing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

emaherx wrote: »
    Sounds like you need better fencing ;)

One electric fence and both problems solved.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

He apparently spent €300 today for a fence. Local shopkeeper said the dogs have her driven distracted the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

He apparently spent €300 today for a fence. Local shopkeeper said the dogs have her driven distracted the last few days.

€300 would buy one of them radio electric fence yokes. Think you'll be seeing the dogs again..

Odelay wrote: »
    €300 would buy one of them radio electric fence yokes. Think you'll be seeing the dogs again..
    They have those collars on them already ....lovely golden retiever dog and a jack russell

They have those collars on them already ....lovely golden retiever dog and a jack russell

We have one of those bloody huskies that Keeps escaping from neighbors and hangimg about. Have spoken to them, had the dog warden out and still it appears. Girl are terrified of the damn thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

We have one of those bloody huskies that Keeps escaping from neighbors and hangimg about. Have spoken to them, had the dog warden out and still it appears. Girl are terrified of the damn thing.

If its worrying stock shoot the dog ,get rid and say nothing to draw the neighbours on you

Ye my dad was talking to the neighbours and 1 of their kids is terrified of the dogs being out . Daughter here was attacked by a dog when she was 6 , scars now on her face , neck etc and she has no fear of dogs. My niece who is the same age wont get out of the car here unless our dogs are tied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Did ye hear about the Cheviot ram making €3,400 at Blessington Mart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

None

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

havent heard anything about it but yday was the pedigree show and sale so therell prob be a report in the paper

• Advertisement

That has to be the end of conor mc gregor fighting now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Hiw many did he sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Delighted to hear that Conor McGregor was beaten last night. There is absolutely nothing that appeals to me about him.

Whole thing went a bit loopy afterwards, it seems. Says a lot about those involved.

Delighted to hear that Conor McGregor was beaten last night. There is absolutely nothing that appeals to me about him.

Whole thing went a bit loopy afterwards, it seems. Says a lot about those involved.

Same as that. He's true colours were showing the last while

ganmo wrote: »
    havent heard anything about it but yday was the pedigree show and sale so therell prob be a report in the paper

I hope ye have the facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2151559571837411&id=1766373910355981&anchor_composer=false

It's a whole cash making enterprise to extract cash from gobsh1tes whose idea of culture is to beat the lard out of each other when sine fianna fail is finished on a Saturday night.
    There'll be a rematch no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

He was clearly ring rusty - should have had a few build up fights before he met that scary Russian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

You’d hope so

A classless prick followed by a band of jackasses

It makes me sick when I see theses scumbags with the Irish flag draped over them talking crap about something they don’t really know anything about

The end of him hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

He signed a 3 fight deal so there’ll be 2 more anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The worst kept secret of 2018 :rolleyes:
    http://www.thatsfarming.com/news/npa-2019-venue

Will the site be big enough to hold Anna Marie McHughs ego??

• Advertisement

It'll be hard to beat the tullamore site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Reggie. wrote: »
    It'll be hard to beat the tullamore site

For us :D

wrangler wrote: »
    For us :D

True but I've never seen a traffic system as good as tullamore in any of the sites

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

tanko wrote: »
    Will the site be big enough to hold Anna Marie McHughs ego??

You cant say things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

True but I've never seen a traffic system as good as tullamore in any of the sites

Ya, brilliant traffic flow, but I think they learned a lot from the first year there.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

It's a bit far away. Don't think I'll be seeing any ploughing in carlow.

MeTheMan wrote: »
    It's a bit far away. Don't think I'll be seeing any ploughing in carlow.

Same as that

6+ hours round trip. Probably over 7 hours with traffic and a stop each way. We were saying we should be heading to more local shows anyway. I know cavan have a decent show and roscommon. Not quite like tullamore/ploughing but you could argue more farmer orientated.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Sheep farm here. One warning if no damage is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

€5300 a blackface sheep made in Donegal yesterday.

• Advertisement

6+ hours round trip. Probably over 7 hours with traffic and a stop each way. We were saying we should be heading to more local shows anyway. I know cavan have a decent show and roscommon. Not quite like tullamore/ploughing but you could argue more farmer orientated.

The Tullamore show in August is well worth going to especially fron a livestock point of view.

Think this will push me up the road to the Balmoral show instead.

The move can only be a good thing for shows in the north and northwest.

The move can only be a good thing for shows in the north and northwest.

Yeah it's way too south

Yeah it's way too south

It's in carlow... Jaysus ye love to moan.

It's in carlow... Jaysus ye love to moan.

It's early on Monday morning missus. We are allowed :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

a lot of bad media over the carry on after mcgregor fight

but we have scenes like this every weekend on our own shores

https://twitter.com/Woolberto/status/1049026681862856706

if the county boards don't take action it wont be long b4 a serious injury occurs

must say these idiots aren't giving great example to the youth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

orm0nd wrote: »
    a lot of bad media over the carry on after mcgregor fight

but we have scenes like this every weekend on our own shores

https://twitter.com/Woolberto/status/1049026681862856706

if the county boards don't take action it wont be long b4 a serious injury occurs

must say these idiots aren't giving great example to the youth

Are the players fighting each other? It looks to me like it was both teams against “supporters”

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

Same as that

Ffs lads ye have it easy. Imagine travelling from West cork. Its 4 hours no matter where it is.

• Advertisement

Youngest lad is 10. He played for the under 11s on Friday night. The other team were extremely rough. Their manager refereed the second half and turned a blind eye to one of his players boxing a lad in the face. How can kids play properly if they are allowed to do this without being pulled up on it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement