Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There was a bat in the young lads bedroom last night. I found a fishing net thingy that must have been in his room for 10 years, eventually got the bat in the net and let it out the window. Scary stuff it flying around the room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

I says wrote: »
    How many months ago with Harris and other politicians were on a tidal wave of goodwill while they have continued to bury their heads in the sand over this controversy.
    Resign and do the honorable thing but not in this banana republic people will still vote them in “he fixed the road” springs to mind.
    How many more are going to needlessly die because they won’t provide proper testing procedures yet they still go ahead and pay themselves €935 extra before this years budget.
    whelan2 wrote: »
    The politicians havent a clue, they dont live in the real world. How is it ok that a people are better off on the dole than working, crazy waiting lists in hospitals. Children waiting to see a counsellor have to wait 6 months at least. Women dying young not getting to see their kids growing up due to a total fook up.... Ah sure we're doing great in this country

We get the politicians we deserve. It wasn't long ago people still voted based on civil war and past generation voting traditions - "We're a Fine Gael house".
    We still let family members assume the political shoes of their close relatives on their death.
    People don't like hard answers; hence Sinn Fein and the PBP et al are trotting out nonsense of what they "would do", lapping up votes.
    The Health ministers brief is a poison chalice with one hand tied behind your back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Suckler wrote: »
    We get the politicians we deserve. It wasn't long ago people still voted based on civil war and past generation voting traditions - "We're a Fine Gael house".
    We still let family members assume the political shoes of their close relatives on their death.
    People don't like hard answers; hence Sinn Fein and the PBP et al are trotting out nonsense of what they "would do", lapping up votes.
    The Health ministers brief is a poison chalice with one hand tied behind your back.

History repeating itself Michael noonan and the hep C scandal correct the thick cnuts are still voting party politics and family lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The politicians havent a clue, they dont live in the real world. How is it ok that a people are better off on the dole than working, crazy waiting lists in hospitals. Children waiting to see a counsellor have to wait 6 months at least. Women dying young not getting to see their kids growing up due to a total fook up.... Ah sure we're doing great in this country
    Totally agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

There's managers somewhere that let this happen, why aren't they rooted out.
    Saying politicians are at fault is a cop out, If they give managers €100000/year (and they do) and can't make them responsible for a department, what's the point.
    I see the HSE is getting 2bn more this year, it's just like throwing money into a quagmire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

I see the lads long term on the dole get the fiver a week extra and the bonus back. They got 2.4 times more from the buget than the working person whos paying for it!

Wouldn't mind if they have it to people recently out of a job, but they don't a bonus, nah that's only for the lads that never worked. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

History repeating itself Michael noonan and the hep C scandal correct the thick cnuts are still voting party politics and family lines

And the dodgy blood also leaps to mind. I had a transfusion almost 20 years ago while having my first child and have been stopped from donating since because the transfusion I was given cannot be considered completely safe. What does that say? And 4 years later needed another transfusion in the same circumstances but the surgeon wouldn't give it to me as he said I was better off not getting 'dodgy' blood if I could survive without it.:eek: I spent 10 extra days in hospital until my body had managed to replenish enough that I wasn't going to keel over with the new baby in my arms.

The state exam commission is another one that seems to be unaccountable. Errors made in correcting exam papers that kids have worked for 6 years to complete. Thus missing out on their chosen course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

The state exam commission is another one that seems to be unaccountable. Errors made in correcting exam papers that kids have worked for 6 years to complete. Thus missing out on their chosen course.

Its very easy make a mistake when your correcting 100's of scripts i imagine. Human error is always going to happen.

Its very easy make a mistake when your correcting 100's of scripts i imagine. Human error is always going to happen.

I know but no one seems to check them over. Wasnt there 20 stude ts had their chemistry grade upgraded. I know another girl they forgot to add on her ag science project marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭148multi

I know but no one seems to check them over. Wasnt there 20 stude ts had their chemistry grade upgraded. I know another girl they forgot to add on her ag science project marks.

Would there be many mistakes in the dept of agriculture that we don't know about. Alot of farmers seem to be too frightened to complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Storm Calum is undergoing BOMBOGENESIS at the moment.
    I've never heard such a word before. Isn't it a great term.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/bombogenesis.html

Storm Calum is undergoing BOMBOGENESIS at the moment.
    I've never heard such a word before. Isn't it a great term.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/bombogenesis.html

To the bunkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

wrangler wrote: »
    There's managers somewhere that let this happen, why aren't they rooted out.
    Saying politicians are at fault is a cop out, If they give managers €100000/year (and they do) and can't make them responsible for a department, what's the point.
    I see the HSE is getting 2bn more this year, it's just like throwing money into a quagmire
    It gets better :mad:
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/hse-legally-shredded-files-relating-to-cervicalcheck-cancer-labs-875127.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Reggie. wrote: »
    To the bunkers

Can't I'm drawing in silage and will be tomorrow too. :pac:

(That's the May reseed I had up on here. 53 bales on the 21st August and now 74 bales yesterday on 11 acres).

So now that looks like I'll have a good reserve of silage for a late spring if we get one.
    I love it when a plan comes together. :)

Edit: What makes it sweeter is I had a sales rep look at it in early August and he went quiet pale when I told him the plan was to cut silage off it. It was so bare then he got me worried that it couldn't be done. Codding yourself and grazing with sheep were mentioned. But by my convictions I persisted.
    It pays to be stubborn!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Can't I'm drawing in silage and will be tomorrow too. :pac:

(That's the May reseed I had up on here. 53 bales on the 21st August and now 74 bales yesterday on 11 acres).

So now that looks like I'll have a good reserve of silage for a late spring if we get one.
    I love it when a plan comes together. :)

you're not hanibal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhrJXgU5ZSQ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭einn32

Base price wrote: »

Another election. What's wrong with this country. We just can't seem to get the major things right.

Is there any projected end date for the bvd scheme ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Is there any projected end date for the bvd scheme ?

2016 IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Serious questions to be answered there..
    Were these shredded as part of a process where stuff just gets shredded after X timelimit and other stuff was shredded..
    Or, were they specifically singled out and shredded to hide something..

_Brian wrote: »
    Were these shredded as part of a process where stuff just gets shredded after X timelimit and other stuff was shredded..

Well most files have to be kept for a certain length of time.

Would the files not be online ?

If you want any info about yourself or anything that interests you, you simply ask for it under the freedom of information act every week or every other week.
    It’s not the first time files have been shredded in this banana republic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

The only way the hse are goin to get around that is if the files were stored by a company that auto shreds after a set time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Procurement records to be kept for 7 years shred after that. I presume those we the same.
    but ya bloody convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

My suspicious mind would say "shredded to hide something"

There are a couple of avenues still worthy of persual,
    Whatever Irish firms of solicitors negotiated the contracts between the HSE and the screening labs would likely retain copies of the contracts
    And the labs themselves would have copies.
    Of course, going "cap in hand" to an Americian Lab company looking for a copy of the contract you yourself signed with them would be hugely embarressing ( especially when you are trying to negotiate new contracts, while the possibility of legal actions over the older contracts remain a possibility)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Procurement records to be kept for 7 years shred after that. I presume those we the same.
    but ya bloody convenient.

We deal with government departments my boss tells me shred everything more than two years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

We deal with government departments my boss tells me shred everything more than two years old.

But would you shred contracts which are still in force?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

In the report the shredding was described as the only part of the HSE that was efficent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Reggie. wrote: »
    Well most files have to be kept for a certain length of time.

7years

• Advertisement

The Rabbi wrote: »
    In the report the shredding was described as the only part of the HSE that was efficent.

Because it's probably outsourced! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

The Rabbi wrote: »

As part of their day one training, all civil serveants are made aware of the nearest emergency exit and shredding machine. Thought to write a non-legible signature then.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Grueller

As part of their day one training, all civil serveants are made aware of the nearest emergency exit and shredding machine. Thought to write a non-legible signature then.

Incorrect. Day one is filling an expenses form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Just back from farmex, one v interesting thing I brought home was the cost of maize towards 2nd cut silage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

simx wrote: »
    Just back from farmex, one v interesting thing I brought home was the cost of maize towards 2nd cut silage

Well share the details

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Well share the details

Can’t remember the exact figures but were comparing it to silage on rented land costing €250/ac

Good news on a Friday night. Bps payments are showing on agfood . 16th of October payment date. Its under financial services, amounts due

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭jaymla627

simx wrote: »

On a 3 cut system here on rented ground, this year it worked out at 33 euro a bale with a rental cost of 200 euro a acre, 21 bales a acre was got of 3 cuts and just shy of 500kgs of 18:6:12 went out per acre in fert total over the 3 cuts, I have to laugh at lads giving out about silage been more then 30 odd euro a bale and sure it’s cheaper to buy meal, they can work away but no half decent bale of silage should leave anyone’s yard for less then 30 euro....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Good news on a Friday night. Bps payments are showing on agfood . 16th of October payment date. Its under financial services, amounts due
    Really see the reduction of entitlement values hitting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

We have it too! That's some nice news to have-in wondering if I can have the Mart announce if this morning so everyone knows (I'm selling cattle lol).

• Advertisement

L1985 wrote: »
    We have it too! That's some nice news to have-in wondering if I can have the Mart announce if this morning so everyone knows (I'm selling cattle lol).

Good luck with them. Let us know how it goes

Well fcuk anyways the neighbours cattle are in visiting.lovely start to the day

Well fcuk anyways the neighbours cattle are in visiting.lovely start to the day

You're up late, it's near dinner time here

You're up late, it's near dinner time here

Ive no power washing to be at early

Ive no power washing to be at early

Actually I'm just heading out to do some now

Actually I'm just heading out to do some now

Great day for it

Unfortunate news for that lad that lost 11 cattle to nitrate poisoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Muckit wrote: »
    Unfortunate news for that lad that lost 11 cattle to nitrate poisoning.

Christ that was a frightening sight. He sounded well pissed off in the video alright.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Freak sort of thing. Only ever came across it where cattle drank silage run off. And that was as a student.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Was it the nitrites in the roots that caused it? I remember reading something about horses dying by eating grass near to railway lines which had been loose soil. And something in the roots had poisoned them.

Really feel for him though, what a kick in the teeth :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement