Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Allot of midget / small flies lately, is the mild weather the cause?

Its been a bumper summer for insects(both good and bad) - my house is full of cluster flies atm and there are still alot of butterflies about on the ivy flowers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Its been a bumper summer for insects(both good and bad) - my house is full of cluster flies atm and there are still alot of butterflies about on the ivy flowers.

Yep, the cluster flies have returned:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I have house flies.

No clusters allowed in this house.

naughto wrote: »
    Send a pack of condoms with him just to make sure no surprises

Heard one recently... Sons girlfriend was staying over for the first time... Mother said to son "'make sure you wash the bed sheets, we don't want her getting pregnant just by sitting down.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

We’ve a paddock beside the house here with two shetland ponies in it.
    Anyway came home there 15 minutes ago to find a bedsheet with ‘Hunt the Hunters’ written on it and tied to the fence.
    Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Anyway came home there 15 minutes ago to find a bedsheet with ‘Hunt the Hunters’ written on it and tied to the fence.
    Anyone any ideas?

Van
    Balaclavas
    Hurleys
    Catch them
    Into van
    Dark alley
    Hurleys
    Happy days

Anyone any ideas?

Shetland ponies hunting? Report it to the guards, these people are guilty of incredible stupidity.

I'd report it, whatever they are up to, it's no good.

Odelay wrote: »
    Shetland ponies hunting? Report it to the guards, these people are guilty of incredible stupidity.

I'd report it, whatever they are up to, it's no good.

It’s taking down anyway. Big proper cable ties on it.
    We’re in between two well known hunts.
    See what happens 2mora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Anyone any ideas?
    Probably Bernie Wright and her ilk getting vocal again after receiving their €5/week increase in social welfare payments.
    She always targets our local hunts - Fingal Harriers and Ward Union :(
    I wouldn't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭148multi

Anyone any ideas?

Have they a fb page, might be a few locals on it.

Anyone any ideas?

I doubt it's anything personal.

Gobsh1tes out trying to intimidate the hunts today and they had this sheet left over and spotted your paddock with the ponies and some lightbulb went off in their head.

I wouldn't give it a moment's thought but, still report it to the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I doubt it's anything personal.

Gobsh1tes out trying to intimidate the hunts today and they had this sheet left over and spotted your paddock with the ponies and some lightbulb went off in their head.

I wouldn't give it a moment's thought but, still report it to the guards.

Are they not just embarrassing themselves hanging the sign on a paddock with Shetland ponies in it.

_Brian wrote: »
    Are they not just embarrassing themselves hanging the sign on a paddock with Shetland ponies in it.

I doubt they're too concerned if they target children who go for the occasional ride along. Probably actually be more up their street to target 6,7,8 year olds and have them bawling when they see this sign stuck up on their paddock. That's the reaction these toerags want.

Herself seen another one on an overpass on the way in to work. Fcuk them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Anywhere I could buy a ring feeder online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Bullocks wrote: »

Done deal? That'd be where i'd start anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Is boards running slow ??
    I use the old mobile site, seems slow past week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

you could ring around a few places :P :D

https://www.coopsuperstores.ie/Farming/Farm-Hardware--Equipment/Feed-Troughs/20-Space-Heavy-Duty-Galvanised-Round-Feeder-0747525

no delivery though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Still going I think , there are alot around us aswell . They must've made a few pound back then

No they are long since closed. Don't know the story behind it but it wasn't from the lack of work they were getting.
    Willie Heneghan in mountbellew took over then. Another good man to put up a shed. But he's gone now too.

Muckit wrote: »
    No they are long since closed. Don't know the story behind it but it wasn't from the lack of work they were getting.
    Willie Heneghan in mountbellew took over then. Another good man to put up a shed. But he's gone now too.
    I saw a shed put up last year with the Garvey sign up on the gable but maybe they just did it to match the other sheds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

We’ve a paddock beside the house here with two shetland ponies in it.Anyway came home there 15 minutes ago to find a bedsheet with ‘Hunt the Hunters’ written on it and tied to the fence.
    Anyone any ideas?

Ya quick search brought up this

https://m.facebook.com/associationofhuntsaboteurs/photos/a.431559003612548/1626310147470755/?type=3

Looks like the usual mad bunch of ol' biddies running it as usual. Report it the the guards as criminal trespass and harassment.
    Base price wrote: »
    Probably Bernie Wright and her ilk getting vocal again after receiving their €5/week increase in social welfare payments.

Yup from the above - looks like your right. The same one who is militantly anti farming and claims that farming is "institutionalised abuse"
    :rolleyes:
    Don't give this lot a inch ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I doubt they're too concerned if they target children who go for the occasional ride along. Probably actually be more up their street to target 6,7,8 year olds and have them bawling when they see this sign stuck up on their paddock. That's the reaction these toerags want.

Ring them up on 087 2651720 and demand their "activists" remove the banner.
    Use an old pre-paid phone.

gozunda wrote: »

https://m.facebook.com/associationofhuntsaboteurs/photos/a.431559003612548/1626310147470755/?type=3

Looks like the usual mad bunch of ol' biddies running it as usual. Report it the the guards as criminal trespass and harassment.

Yup from the above - looks like your right. The same one who is militantly anti farming and claims that farming is "institutionalised abuse"

Thanks Gozunda.
    I tried facebook last night but didn’t see that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

gozunda wrote: »

The Harriers opening meet was at the Coolquay on Saturday. That probably got them activated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Thanks Gozunda.
    I tried facebook last night but didn’t see that one.

If they're using photos of people's property then bring that to the attention of the guards as well. It's good of them to own up - Take a screenshot of the fb page to make sure it doesn't get deleted ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Random question for ye.dad always said that never move cattle in to a field straight after another group. He can't tell me why you shouldn't do it-just that it doesn't work. I ended up doing it on sat through necessity-wrong group were in the field for a max 24hours but now the second group have been giving out and just v unsettled in the field.Possibly a coincidence but I was wondering-would they smell the other ones or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Jesus I was just watching what's going on over in Yemen on the news there. Would really put things in perspective. Things mightnt be great at the moment but at least we don't have to watch our children fade away in front of our eyes. Ireland might be fcuked up but were in the haypenny place compared to the rest of the world most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Jesus I was just watching what's going on over in Yemen on the news there. Would really put things in perspective. Things mightnt be great at the moment but at least we don't have to watch our children fade away in front of our eyes. Ireland might be fcuked up but were in the haypenny place compared to the rest of the world most of the time.

Yeah - I get my news from Al Jaazera and they cover that region very well. Recently showed a whole family living off leaves they find in the desert. The leaves sicken the children but its the only thing they have to stop their stomachs shrinking to nothing:(

Despite what whiners say, I think I won the lottery of life to be born in Ireland. We have a lot to be grateful for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

And not one mention of it on independent.ie.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/MH6TJU0qWoY

When l feel myself getting in a bad mood, l take stock and this plays in my head

We're selling a house here at the moment and supposed to have a viewing this morning. EA just rang us to say they've cried off 20 mins before they're supposed to arrive. Annoying :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We're selling a house here at the moment and supposed to have a viewing this morning. EA just rang us to say they've cried off 20 mins before they're supposed to arrive. Annoying :mad:

At least they let you know. Very annoying though

Estate agents aren't known for their reliability around here anyhow. Good luck with the house sale, it's a good time to be selling

whelan2 wrote: »
    At least they let you know. Very annoying though
    Estate agents aren't known for their reliability around here anyhow. Good luck with the house sale, it's a good time to be selling

Annoying when I spent about 4 hours cleaning yesterday & had both cats shipped over to my place for this morning! Hate bloody cleaning though....give me a dirty calving pen instead of a hoover and duster any time :pac:

I like this EA though, he's local & has a good reputation so i wouldn't immediately think it was him caused it. Bit of interest in it alright, though one last week really pissed me off. I was changing a wheel on mums car & seen a car stop outside the house, daddled around there for a couple of minutes & pulled in over the drive as there was no car to be seen at the front. They reversed fairly sharpish when they spotted me around the corner :mad:

Selling a house that you are living in can be tricky. No more than curry combing cattle before a sale, a bit of time "staging" can pay dividends. Depersonalise it as much as you can.
    Easier said than done, but even pulling out a lot of family picture frames etc can be a big help before a viewing. Yes it's your house now, but you want them to think it theirs even before it is, if u get me!!

Then all you need is 2 people to like the house and they won't be long getting you market value. Like an animal being sold in the ring, the house has to go sharpish ftom the time it goes on the market (~8weeks on daft). After that it's playing into buyers hands. Remember anyone in the market for buying a house is looking at daft as often as you or l are on boards.ie.

Best of luck to ye with it all.

Oh had a delivery of a load of steel to the airport this morning. You might as well be going in a flight for the amount of security there to go through. He forgot his wallet with his driving licence in it. He wasn't allowed in :(

Well it's really only my parents here full time, my bedroom is for when i'm too lazy to go to the house down the road :pac:
    But get what you mean, should be trying to make prospective buyers feel at home & comfortable in the short time they're here. We're not big on family photos here, mainly generic photos & paintings, just one section of the living room with family stuff.
    Leitrim is a tricky one with houses though, it's so difficult now to get planning in the countryside that it's a sellers market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Selling a house that you are living in can be tricky. No more than curry combing cattle before a sale, a bit of time "staging" can pay dividends. Depersonalise it as much as you can.
    Easier said than done, but even pulling out a lot of family picture frames etc can be a big help before a viewing. Yes it's your house now, but you want them to think it theirs even before it is, if u get me!!

Then all you need is 2 people to like the house and they won't be long getting you market value. Like an animal being sold in the ring, the house has to go sharpish ftom the time it goes on the market (~8weeks on daft). After that it's playing into buyers hands. Remember anyone in the market for buying a house is looking at daft as often as you or l are on boards.ie.

Best of luck to ye with it all.

I read somewhere that the smell of bread baking makes a lasting impression in a house up for sale.
    So get baking Lady!

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Sold mine back in May the next day after we had it up we had a caller or tyer kicker as there called way off the asking price looking for a cheap house.
    Ea said there’s loads at it cos it could be sold from a divorce and just take the first offer.
    We had a sh1te loaf of interest ended up in a bidding war but still didn’t make a profit as we bought in the boom

I read somewhere that the smell of bread baking makes a lasting impression in a house up for sale.
    So get baking Lady!

Best of luck.

Would u believe, l did it!!! :D This was back in 2012 when u were lucky to get a viewing , let alone a bid! It did the trick though.

I'm still using up my apple tonnage from the old tree here so had apple scones in the oven & the solid fuel cooker blasting out the heat!!
    Ah well, the lads at the green cert on thursday can get the baking this week :D:D

I'm still using up my apple tonnage from the old tree here so had apple scones in the oven & the solid fuel cooker blasting out the heat!!
    Ah well, the lads at the green cert on thursday can get the baking this week :D:D

Are u doing the green cert distance course?

Are u doing the green cert distance course?

No, am sitting it in Manorhamilton. Pain in the hole but once a week is manageable.

Did anyone get the BPS paid out lads?

• Advertisement

I'd say tomorrow or thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭148multi

No, am sitting it in Manorhamilton. Pain in the hole but once a week is manageable with apple scones

148multi wrote: »
    No, am sitting it in Manorhamilton. Pain in the hole but once a week is manageable with apple scones

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Got a text today about a payment, havent checked yet.

tanko wrote: »
    Got a text today about a payment, havent checked yet.

Ya I got the txt aswell bit nothing in as of yet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement