Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Tonight at 11.59 lads. Just so they can say it was paid today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

:confused:

Fixed it for u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I read somewhere that the smell of bread baking makes a lasting impression in a house up for sale.
    So get baking Lady!

Best of luck.

I remember Superquinns in Dublin used to blow out the smell of baking bread from the local shopping center. You'd be drooling going in the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

148multi wrote: »
    Fixed it for u

Ah!! I get ya now :D My father has just attacked them with jam & cream so looks like none will make it to Thursday though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I presume they are the butchers in Ballincollig. Either just some bollix or someone with a grudge. Totally despicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Could it be the animal rights brigade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

Wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Or someone who fell out with him on Twitter... ¿

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Vegans gone rogue!!!

• Advertisement

Fairies.

Feck of thing to do to a person though and it was perfect silage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,982 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Would they have to be rebaled or what?

They'll have to get a few turns on the wrapper again I presume.
    They're fairly solid bales. So should wrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Fecking crows again I bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Speaking as a former resident there'd be no shortage of gurriers living not too far from the scene of the crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭einn32

whelan2 wrote: »

This happened near my home place too in the last few weeks. Something like 30 bales in a field were slashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Reggie. wrote: »
    Fecking crows again I bet

This lad?

qKNNQCM.jpg

Tonight at 11.59 lads. Just so they can say it was paid today...

In my account this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

In my account this morning.

Yep . For a few days anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Yep . For a few days anyway.

Say contractors are happy it’s in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

gozunda wrote: »
    This lad?

qKNNQCM.jpg

That's him. He even has an ankle bracelet. The tramp

During that last storm, a massive dead branch with brown leaves came off an oak tree into the field where the cows are now. They're mad eating it the last few days & totally bare of leaves now. Never seen them go so wild for dry, brown leaves before. :confused:
    Is it to do with dry matter/roughage in the diet? Am sure they'd go wild for straw if they got it.

During that last storm, a massive dead branch with brown leaves came off an oak tree into the field where the cows are now. They're mad eating it the last few days & totally bare of leaves now. Never seen them go so wild for dry, brown leaves before. :confused:
    Is it to do with dry matter/roughage in the diet? Am sure they'd go wild for straw if they got it.

Is it not poisonous? It is for horses.

Odelay wrote: »
    Is it not poisonous? It is for horses.

Not so much with cows, I checked before letting them in & it's most toxic in budding/young leaves. The ones our cows were eating were crispy dead, brown leaves.

Gave a lad a lift this evening, he's probably late 50's, he had 2 bags one with a paint can in it and 1 with beer cans in it. He had been in the pub since 2, this was at half 6. His plan was to paint with one hand and drink beer with the other, he could hardly get out of the jeep , would love to see his paintwork :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Gave a lad a lift this evening, he's probably lafte 50's, he had 2 bags one with a paint can in it and 1 with beer cans in it. He had been in the pub since 2, this was at half 6. His plan was to paint with one hand and drink beer with the other, he could hardly get out of the jeep , would love to see his paintwork :D

Probably better than some ‘art’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭emaherx

Gave a lad a lift this evening, he's probably late 50's, he had 2 bags one with a paint can in it and 1 with beer cans in it. He had been in the pub since 2, this was at half 6. His plan was to paint with one hand and drink beer with the other, he could hardly get out of the jeep , would love to see his paintwork :D

There’s one of them lads in every neighborhood!

It looks like the testing is working.

Still, it sends a shudder up any farmer.

BSE confirmed on a farm in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-45901043

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Mad cow case in Scotland brilliant next must be a plague of Frogs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I wouldn't worry about it. There was Mad Cow Disease around for a long time as naturally occurring sporadic cases before it was ever recognised and named. The problem arose with a change in the rendering process that allowed it to be spread in meat and bone meal. That gave the big numbers affected. These days sporadic cases still crop up but there's no mechanism for the disease to spread. At least, that's my understanding.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

Sheep attack discussion on Joe Duffy radio 1 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It looks like the testing is working.

Still, it sends a shudder up any farmer.

BSE confirmed on a farm in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-45901043

Feckin media are going mad with this story, it’s bloody popping up everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Anyone hear the podcast of "Texas Tom" on Joe Duffy yest week? Your wan going on the airways giving out about €2..... he told her where to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭White Clover

Muckit wrote: »
    Anyone hear the podcast of "Texas Tom" on Joe Duffy yest week? Your wan going on the airways giving out about €2..... he told her where to go

He was spot on !
    Told the other wagon to drop dead !!

mayota wrote: »
    Sheep attack discussion on Joe Duffy radio 1 now.

I'll have to listen back to it, how far into the show was it?

ganmo wrote: »
    I'll have to listen back to it, how far into the show was it?

Think it was first item on. Started yesterday. A lad from this parish was on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Yesterdays bit was a phone-in from a woman who went walking in the Wicklow mountains with her dog.
    Had a car problem on returning to the car, and let the dog off the lead while waiting for a jump start.
    Dog out of her sight.
    A man arrived in a vehicle, with a rifle and suppressor went past her and away down the trail.
    She started calling but no dog could be found.
    Next day she went to the mans farm, and he took the dead dog out of the boot of his car and give it to her.
    It had been shot.
    She complained to the local Guard, who told her he never heard of anyone having a silencer/suppressor on a rifle before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Just after coming across this video even though it was uploaded a few years ago.

How much has changed/stayed the same in the last 50 years do ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

What did ye think of the discussion?

Aye the name rang a bell alright.
    terry came across pretty well.

• Advertisement

davidk1394 wrote: »
    What did ye think of the discussion?

Good. I think the message about the damage dogs can do is getting through to people.

Just after coming across this video even though it was uploaded a few years ago.

Those men look like giants beside the Jersey cows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

greysides wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it. There was Mad Cow Disease around for a long time as naturally occurring sporadic cases before it was ever recognised and named. The problem arose with a change in the rendering process that allowed it to be spread in meat and bone meal. That gave the big numbers affected. These days sporadic cases still crop up but there's no mechanism for the disease to spread. At least, that's my understanding.

Of course explaining that in an article wouldn't make sense then.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Them Guernsey cows are a lovely looking animal. Are they still around?

Them Guernsey cows are a lovely looking animal. Are they still around?

Pedigree herds still milking in Guernsey, great milk.

Pedigree herds still milking in Guernsey, great milk.

I think fertility and big calves can be a problem?

They never took off like their jersey neighbours.

Edit: Very bad udders on those Guernseys at that 80 cow herd!
    Nice to be able to graze in December. Milk yields would be double that now though.

I was just thinking about oul Trumpies reaction to the journalist getting his head chopped off in the Saudi embassy.

First reaction: We will do whatever it takes to ensure that free speech is protected and sanctions will now be put on Saudi Arabia.

Someone then whispers in his ear: Eh Trumpy! The house of Saud is the largest buyer of U.S. munitions. Thousands of jobs will be lost in the weapons industry if we impose sanctions and plus we still buy a rake of oil off them.

Second reaction from Trumpy: This is an abomination that this journalist was broadcasting to an outside source via his watch. We want access to these recordings. It's all lies. Lies I tell ya. These accusations are nothing more than propaganda just like were levelled at our esteemed Judge Kavanaugh. There will be repercussions against those who make them.

(Tis dangerous times we live in...)

Anyone know the farmer that fought a compulsory purchase order from the IDA and Intel?

https://amp.independent.ie/business/farming/rural-life/how-one-farmer-fought-an-epic-battle-to-stop-the-cpo-of-his-farm-36602500.html

Despite the date of the article, the film is now premiering this week. Directed by a local director, featuring a local man and is due to show in cinemas nationwide, somehow the local cinema near Intel is not going to show it.....
    Heard this on Matt Cooper this evening.

Odelay wrote: »
    Anyone know the farmer that fought a compulsory purchase order from the IDA and Intel?

https://amp.independent.ie/business/farming/rural-life/how-one-farmer-fought-an-epic-battle-to-stop-the-cpo-of-his-farm-36602500.html

Despite the date of the article, the film is now premiering this week. Directed by a local director, featuring a local man and is due to show in cinemas nationwide, somehow the local cinema near Intel is not going to show it.....
    Heard this on Matt Cooper this evening.
    As the U.S. is to Saudi Arabia, this country's economy is way too indebted to these few foreign giant conglomerates.
    If they decided in the morning to pull out, we'd be back to the stone age. And those few companies know that too well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

I’m thinking very strongly of giving peter Casey my vote for the presidency now. For no other reason but to show my support for his sentiments towards the travellers. Whatever about their rights and yada yada how about the rights of a law abiding tax paying farmer to have some support and be able to live without the worry of these cnunts every day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement