Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Parishlad wrote: »
    Clear herd test today. That’s enough stress for one week.
    Only a week away from the marathon. Can’t wait for it now. Have great plans to go on a bit of a tear after it but it rarely happens. Chances are I will be in bed with aching legs early on Sunday night.......but you’d never know! ��
    Best of luck with it. There's a big crew from around here doing it every year. Team Carrie. You probably heard of them

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Reggie. wrote: »
    Signs are up in Dublin already for it

Mighty. Wouldn’t do to get lost! It’s long enough. 😀
    A friend of mine did the Stockholm marathon during the Summer. There is a loop in one section of it but it was badly signed and marshaled and he ended up doing the loop twice. He ended up running over 50k that day! 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

whelan2 wrote: »
    Best of luck with it. There's a big crew from around here doing it every year. Team Carrie. You probably heard of them
    Sure have. Big crew from here going also - Clare Crusaders. We’re supporting a local charity and a crew goes up every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Parishlad wrote: »
    Mighty. Wouldn’t do to get lost! It’s long enough. 😀
    A friend of mine did the Stockholm marathon during the Summer. There is a loop in one section of it but it was badly signed and marshaled and he ended up doing the loop twice. He ended up running over 50k that day! 😳

**** that

3 friends of mine went to the Berlin marathon a few weeks ago. A few miles in one of them didn't feel well and the 3 of them walked it together. They were happy to finish as the world record was broken that day - not by them :)

Reggie. wrote: »
    **** that

Are you still running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Are you still running?
    Nah, she caught him a few years back:D

Are you still running?

Once every fortnight or so

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

It must be something to do with the long term unemployed/farm assist programme that was advertised last year or else they are cheapskates looking for yellow pack workers.
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/dairy/plans-to-put-jobseekers-to-work-on-dairy-farms-a-shortterm-solution-warns-expert-36019379.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Base price wrote: »
    It must be something to do with the long term unemployed/farm assist programme that was advertised last year or else they are cheapskates looking for yellow pack workers.
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/dairy/plans-to-put-jobseekers-to-work-on-dairy-farms-a-shortterm-solution-warns-expert-36019379.html

That's 10cents above the minimum wage-the way it's phrased is a bit insulting TBH-paying an experienced person 10cent more then the legal requirement!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Csn anyone tell me why Presidential Elections are full Proportional Representation?
    Its not like we elect a vice-president.
    Or is there a quorum of votes/percentage of the vote which must be resched?

The quorum is 50%+1 vote. Most countries that elect a President expect this in one form or another. In France and the Russia all canditates stand and there is a run off between 1st and 2nd place if a candidate fails to get 50%+1

The US is slightly different as it is a very old democracy before PR was invented it elected delegate's for different candidate's who then cast there votes for those candidate's. If a candidate's failed to get elected then delegates were technically free to vote for other candidates. However delegates followed party/candidate lines. In general for all its flaws it worked.
    Only five US presidents in history have been elected despite losing the popular vote: John Quincy Adams in 1824, Rutherford Hayes in 1876, Benjamin Harrison in 1888, George W. Bush in 2000 and Donald Trump this November.

Believe it or not PR was imposed on us by the British who have a first past the post system.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Base price wrote: »

I doubt it. Just another Large Dairy farmer looking to take advantage and by the way its phrased id say there looking for someone to basically run the whole thing. I cant see someone coming off that scheme and being able to run a dairy farm. I dont mean any offense by saying that.

That article is over a year old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

• Advertisement

Our local gaelic team are in the county Senior football final today. First time in the clubs history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

Our local gaelic team are in the county Senior football final today. First time in the clubs history.

A massive day for the parish. I wonder if it's another boardsie that is reffing that game today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I'm getting a heifer sent to me for halter training next week, that's a new one on me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Shels won the Wexford senior final yesterday for their first time. Won it handy enough too on the scoreboard. After coming from behind to earn a draw last week!

I think it's the Blues up in Louth. They won their fair share of them but history is there to be written.
    Best of luck.

Shels won the Wexford senior final yesterday for their first time. Won it handy enough too on the scoreboard. After coming from behind to earn a draw last week!

I think it's the Blues up in Louth. They won their fair share of them but history is there to be written.
    Best of luck.
    It's great for the kids too they know a good few of the players. Ye we will be against the blues today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Best of luck.

October is turning out to be one b1tch of a month. 5 of my friends from my youth have died in a little over 2 weeks, another won't see Christmas.

I know we're not exactly spring chickens but all these worked hard during their lives and deserved to enjoy a few years of their retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I'm getting a heifer sent to me for halter training next week, that's a new one on me!

Is she for the fair?

Is she for the fair?

Yes indeed! So going to do my calf along with her. Nearly as easy to train two as one.

Yes indeed! So going to do my calf along with her. Nearly as easy to train two as one.

Do they have to be fat or just good muscled for it?

Do they have to be fat or just good muscled for it?

A fine medium. Base confirmation can't be covered up so if you've got a fat calf with mediocre style it's not going to get anywhere. But also if you've a nice calf but overfed it's not good either.
    Depends on the judge on the day though, seen some iffy decisions before.
    The heifer I'm getting is a red blue, not eating yet, so should be interesting to see her against the others.

A fine medium. Base confirmation can't be covered up so if you've got a fat calf with mediocre style it's not going to get anywhere. But also if you've a nice calf but overfed it's not good either.
    The heifer I'm getting is a red blue, not eating yet, so should be interesting to see her against the others.
    can you throw up a pic when she comes
    Friend telling me to enter 1, but don’t know if good enough

Will do, I bred her mother years ago so looking forward to seeing her too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Put a pic up here sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Are these fatstock shows for non-pedigree animals? Never fully understood these. Is this why you occasionally see people spending crazy money (2000e+) on non-pedigree animals to breed off of them for these shows?

Are these fatstock shows for non-pedigree animals? Never fully understood these. Is this why you occasionally see people spending crazy money (2000e+) on non-pedigree animals to breed off of them for these shows?

Yep! I'd put it in the expensive hobby section, similar to breeding in-hand showing ponies that don't get ridden. Never underestimate the power of grá for nice cattle and money in the pocket :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

It was lucky I wasn't out last night-I had to clean out two water troughs today. I'd be v careful with the troughs up there as they are by a woodland and are mainly silage ground so get cleaned out before cattle go up each time.So went at it and first trough dead mouse floating-lovely. Kept going and found a dead hen or pheasant near the bottom. Honestly nearly got sick as guts and everything were floating around....then moved to the second one(both are large tanks). This one had a dead mouse floating around and another dead pheasant/chicken! Never found anything dead in the trough before. My dad was saying it's from the drought and they could have been there since august. Not a good start to the day.

L1985 wrote: »
    It was lucky I wasn't out last night-I had to clean out two water troughs today. I'd be v careful with the troughs up there as they are by a woodland and are mainly silage ground so get cleaned out before cattle go up each time.So went at it and first trough dead mouse floating-lovely. Kept going and found a dead hen or pheasant near the bottom. Honestly nearly got sick as guts and everything were floating around....then moved to the second one(both are large tanks). This one had a dead mouse floating around and another dead pheasant/chicken! Never found anything dead in the trough before. My dad was saying it's from the drought and they could have been there since august. Not a good start to the day.

Ick! Throw a lump of a log or branch into each, just means birds can alight on them and drink without drowning. Little tip I picked up god knows where.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Any report from the Midlands & Western mixed pedigree sale yesterday?

Feeling old
    Do the bart man on the radio & Trying to explain to nieces & nephews

Feeling old
    Do the bart man on the radio & Trying to explain to nieces & nephews

I didn't do it
    Nobody saw me do it
    You can't prove anything

Right there with ya

6 pts up at half time. Massive 30 mins ahead of them.

6 pts up at half time. Massive 30 mins ahead of them.

You couldn't make it up.

Newtown Blues win by a point having played second fiddle for most of the game.

You couldn't make it up.

Newtown Blues win by a point having played second fiddle for most of the game.

Ye gutted.

Ye gutted.

Hard to take alright. I listened to Andy McDonald interviewed there on the radio and he was shellshocked. He couldn't believe they won it and admitted they were very lucky.

Finals often take on a life of their own. It's often very difficult to get across the line in the final few minutes.

• Advertisement

I watched this earlier today and i keep thinking back on it & laughing :D:D

https://twitter.com/R_o_s_i_e_H/status/1053700909891575808

Gorey had their first ever county final win today.

Willfarman wrote: »
    Gorey had their first ever county final win today.

Big win for them too. I think Martins with 6 county men were favourites?

They were. The old guard is changing in the county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Absolutely brilliant. I especially liked when he was about to go for second mount then thought, "Oh no, I need more of a run up, go again"

Absolutely brilliant. I especially liked when he was about to go for second mount then thought, "Oh no, I need more of a run up, go again"

That's what's making me laugh!! He was clearly thinking ahead....and they say sheep are stupid :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

How do ye attach a photo to a post ?

The little highlighted paperclip yokebob.

nMa1qVrl.jpg

Or if you're on a phone, the 'attach files' link.

yEp24ful.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

davidk1394 wrote: »
    How do ye attach a photo to a post ?

Some people use imgur.
    But I use postimage. Cos I'm worth it .. and Samsung doesn't copy links too well from imgur.

Upload your photo on any of those image hosting sites and then copy the direct link with your message here with in your second tag.   Or read ^^^ up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

LOL - reminds me of an ex-boss of mine and his 6ft wife:pac:

She wasn’t tall lying down though!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement