Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Ah here!

And there's no money in farming.
    Blackface ram sells for £160,000.

https://www.facebook.com/Blackfacesheepbreedersassociation/

Those mountainy sheep are making some money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Some people use imgur.
    But I use postimage. Cos I'm worth it .. and Samsung doesn't copy links too well from imgur.

Upload your photo on any of those image hosting sites and then copy the direct link with your message here with in your second tag.   Or read ^^^ up there.
    I use Imgur Android, just use copy link to clipboard option and use the wrap around thingys around the link to show the pic.
    link here

I use Imgur Android, just use copy link to clipboard option and use the wrap around thingys around the link to show the pic.
    link here

Do you have to use the App for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Grueller

Birdnuts wrote: »
    LOL - reminds me of an ex-boss of mine and his 6ft wife:pac:

Easy climb a knocked tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Do you have to use the App for this?
    Yeah, the Imgur Android app rather than the Imgur app itself.

Yeah, the Imgur Android app rather than the Imgur app itself.

Is there any way to block Cat pictures and memes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Neighbours cattle in again I’m away to cool down before I lose the plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Is there any way to block Cat pictures and memes?

Stop googling pussies....

I says wrote: »
    Neighbours cattle in again I’m away to cool down before I lose the plot.
    Not what you want to hear but is your side of the fence stock proof. I had to suck it up and put up a proper fence here to keep them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »

Sound advice there !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Jeez, genuinely shocked at that comment.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Talk to Joe on 1850 715 815.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

You would want to be working with us, the amount of WhatsApp pictures and videos would desensitise a priest haha.

Not what you want to hear but is your side of the fence stock proof. I had to suck it up and put up a proper fence here to keep them out

Yes electric fence every last yard of it now broken in two separate areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yes electric fence every last yard of it now broken in two separate areas.

Was the fence on? Had an issue a while ago where the electric fence wire got damaged and next doors stock took a walk through in and over a boundary ditch ... Didn't help that fencing on other side was nearly non existent.

gozunda wrote: »
    Was the fence on? Had an issue a while ago where the electric fence wire got damaged and next doors stock took a walk through in and over a boundary ditch ... Didn't help that fencing on other side was nearly non existent.

It’s on alright regularly checked

Just renewed my insurance, between that and tax bill and contractor bps gone

I had to go into income averaging this year because of the tax bill. Helped a lot.

Now the electricity bill was something else though. I think a new milk tank will have to be considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Least it covered it

• Advertisement

I had to go into income averaging this year because of the tax bill. Helped a lot.

Now the electricity bill was something else though. I think a new milk tank will have to be considered.

Who is your electricity with? Do you have a night meter. Tax bill will be a big problem on alot of farms this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

farming is no way as dangerous as building

8 weeks ago , had a acro prop spring from under an rsj and bust the corner of my face. Lucky not to be killed or lose my sight as it caught me square on the eyebrow.

then Saturday i had a blocklayer in building a few piers and a wall and he wanted 4inch blocks to build the gate piers. I had an rsj concreted in the ground and build the blocks around it. usual blocklayer ****e of opening all the straps on the blocks so i couldn't lift them with the blockgrab.

was throwing 4inch blocks onto a pallet and was turning to my right hand side and stepping upward at the one time and busted my poor auld nose into a bale of 6inch blocks. totally relocated my poor auld nose . :rolleyes:

8 weeks ago , had a acro prop spring from under an rsj and bust the corner of my face. Lucky not to be killed or lose my sight as it caught me square on the eyebrow.

then Saturday i had a blocklayer in building a few piers and a wall and he wanted 4inch blocks to build the gate piers. I had an rsj concreted in the ground and build the blocks around it. usual blocklayer ****e of opening all the straps on the blocks so i couldn't lift them with the blockgrab.

was throwing 4inch blocks onto a pallet and was turning to my right hand side and stepping upward at the one time and busted my poor auld nose into a bale of 6inch blocks. totally relocated my poor auld nose . :rolleyes:

Might improve the face :):);)

Might improve the face :):);)

you could delete the "might"

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Any report from the Midlands & Western mixed pedigree sale yesterday?
    See nothing yet, sadly there does be very little reporting compared to the other Pedigree sales

Who is your electricity with? Do you have a night meter. Tax bill will be a big problem on alot of farms this year

Bord Gais.
    I think I do have one installed. It's a digital meter. But I'm not on a night rate at billing.

My tax bill was coming in at 15k but then there were a lot of extra sales last year so not a 'normal' year. With income averaging it brought that down to 2k. It's averaged over your 5 previous years.

• Advertisement

Bord Gais.
    I think I do have one installed. It's a digital meter. But I'm not on a night rate at billing.

My tax bill was coming in at 15k but then there were a lot of extra sales last year so not a 'normal' year. With income averaging it brought that down to 2k. It's averaged over your 5 previous years.
    Ye have been on averaging a while. You Mustn't have a night rate meter installed. I normally change electricity provider as soon as the current contract is up. I pay level pay each month and send in a meter reading each month too so no surprises. Big saving with the night meter as morning milking and cooling is done at night rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭blackbox

You're wrong.

Farming is four times as dangerous as construction and while construction is improving, farming seems to be getting worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Think I need to change my accountant giving a guess at some of the tax bills here

In fact I know I need to change accountants as our tax bill is crazy - again

How do people find IFAC??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Panch18 wrote: »
    Think I need to change my accountant giving a guess at some of the tax bills here

In fact I know I need to change accountants as our tax bill is crazy - again

How do people find IFAC??

Accountants make little difference to tax bills. It is what you do taht makes the difference. Drawing in away decide your tax bill more than anything else.

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Accountants make little difference to tax bills. It is what you do taht makes the difference. Drawing in away decide your tax bill more than anything else.

Yeah but you need a plan, and despite 3 attempts in last 3 years to get a plan together for us he hasn’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Brilliant :D:D:D
    Post of the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Quick question, I registered a calf with the wrong sire, does anyone know how I can correct.....save me a call to the Dept!!! thanks, Mac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Quick question, I registered a calf with the wrong sire, does anyone know how I can correct.....save me a call to the Dept!!! thanks, Mac

Is it a pb?. If it isnt i wouldnt bother. Doesnt make a bit of difference.i registered 2 calves to the wrong cows in spring. Doesnt make a blind Bit of difference

Mac Taylor wrote: »

Form er94b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Is it a pb?. If it isnt i wouldnt bother. Doesnt make a bit of difference.i registered 2 calves to the wrong cows in spring. Doesnt make a blind Bit of difference

Unfortunately it is a PB......a proper nuisance.

Bit of a downer this brack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Seen a few like that. Someone ain't doing the job

Reggie. wrote: »
    Seen a few like that. Someone ain't doing the job

Got that in centra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Got that in centra.

The other one could have been the same. No mystery in that brack anyways

Who ever made it was standing at the door putting in the raisins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

When I was a young lad I remember my mother making bracks at Halloween. She's wrap a penny in greaseproof paper and hide it in the brack.
    I don't ever remember a ring. Any one else remember this?

Ah now, can’t be at that

Safe Cadmium levels in phosphorus fertilizers applied on Irish soil continues to make the headlines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/world/europe/russia-europe-fertilizer-regulation.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Went to see a star is born with herself..tired and emotional now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

When I was a young lad I remember my mother making bracks at Halloween. She's wrap a penny in greaseproof paper and hide it in the brack.
    I don't ever remember a ring. Any one else remember this?

"A penny? You were lucky! We got stones instead of raisins... " :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Esel wrote: »
    "A penny? You were lucky! We got stones instead of raisins... " :)

There's a funny story told about the last days of one of the big houses near here. Money was long gone and the servants with it - so they family had to do for themselves and make do with what little remained. Land was leased out to a neighbouring farmer who was duely invited for tea. The father, an old man at this stage greeted the guest and his daughter politely offered them both some tea and cake.

Just as the visitor reached out to take a slice of the obviously frugal homemade friutcake (more cake than fruit) he was startled by the old man exclaiming loudly 'lucky sod.! - vous avez le raisin'! ...

True story I'm told ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Beautiful moon out tonight, it’s half bright with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Willfarman wrote: »

It that the one with Lady Gaga? Heard good reviews

Willfarman wrote: »

Was that yourself or herself?
    Good to get out

• Advertisement

Panch18 wrote: »
    Yeah but you need a plan, and despite 3 attempts in last 3 years to get a plan together for us he hasn’t.

How can an accountant plan for a farmer ??

Sure most farmers change there mind more than the weather.

You do your plan then ask how it’s made more tax efficient

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement