Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Any of the tractor gurus know where's the best place to source used tractor tyres. My are 16.9R 34 . Also is that an old way of measuring tyres? Like does it have a modern day equivalent number, because every search I do throws up a different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Farmer wrote: »

Always go wider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

dzer2 wrote: »
    Was asked to supervise at the teenage disco in the local rugby club last night

By jasus the younger female generation are a hardy breed.:eek:

What age? Daughter is 14 no interest in disco's yet thankfully. Football more important

Would I have to change the rim if I went wider no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭greenfield21

What are the rules for removing hedges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

What are the rules for removing hedges?
    You have to plant the same linear length and species elsewhere on your farm before you remove the hedge.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/remove-hedgerows-stone-walls-ditches-peril/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

TITANIUM. wrote: »

Possibly. Be careful changing from the original size. The ratio between front and rear tyres needs to be kept the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

TITANIUM. wrote: »

You should be able to go out one size. You're probably on 14" rims, maybe 15. If you want to go into the technicalities, you can check the specs for what you intend buying here

https://www.en.working-tyres.eu/view-all-products-in-shop.html?keyword=&category_search%5B%5D=1&select_mf%5B%5D=select&size=480%2F70&zoll=34&zoll_chosen=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=51&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&limit_start=

You can also check the rolling circumference to ensure you're near enough for the 4wd ratio. 480/70 should be close enough. IIRC it's a tad smaller but this will vary a bit between manufacturers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Simmental.

Quick question what the benefit of using the green high tensile wire over just galvanized high tensile wire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Simmental. wrote: »
    Quick question what the benefit of using the green high tensile wire over just galvanized high tensile wire?

It looks pretty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

whelan2 wrote: »
    What age? Daughter is 14 no interest in disco's yet thankfully. Football more important

13yr to 15yrs Mothers dropping them off and all. Have to think will ours be let go when they are old enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Remember to change your clocks tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Base price wrote: »
    Remember to change your clocks tonight.
    Ive had my clock for twenty yrs..I’m not changing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

13yr to 15yrs Mothers dropping them off and all. Have to think will ours be let go when they are old enough

They will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Ive had my clock for twenty yrs..I’m not changing it now.

I laughed way too much at that than I should have. :D:D

Ah the simple things! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

All set for the marathon in the morning. Looks like it will be cold but dry and no wind so it will be grand once we get going. Best of luck to anyone else here that’s taking part. Hope ye get to the finish line safely!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

They will

My eldest brother has daughters of disco going age. Allows them out no bother. He lives is the arsehole of nowhere, allows them out but wont take them out (to the local town tho. )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Parishlad wrote: »
    All set for the marathon in the morning. Looks like it will be cold but dry and no wind so it will be grand once we get going. Best of luck to anyone else here that’s taking part. Hope ye get to the finish line safely!

Very best of good luck.
    Dig deep and see it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

All set for the marathon in the morning.

Do the parish proud lad! ;)

Muckit wrote: »

I'm tired just thinking about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

bought some lm weanling heifers off a fellow during the week.

all around 260 -280 kgs

just signing up the cards now, 6 of them were born on the 6th of June and the rest on the 3rd of June. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

he must have a handy time for the rest of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

It’s whats you call compact Administration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

orm0nd wrote: »

all around 260 -280 kgs

just signing up the cards now, 6 of them were born on the 6th of June and the rest on the 3rd of June. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Real handy for BVD testing only one envelope for posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

all around 260 -280 kgs

Did you buy them up my side by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

all around 260 -280 kgs

Sure way to get noticed in the Dept.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Real handy for BVD testing only one envelope for posting

think his son is a teacher in a secondary school, I'd say paper work is left for holidays . etc
    Did you buy them up my side by any chance?

no , bull hayes's general direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Willfarman wrote: »
    Went to see a star is born with herself..tired and emotional now!

Saw this film recently, it’s very good but not the ending I was expecting
    Think there’s lots could get caught out badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Perks of the job I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Perks of the job I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Muckit wrote: »

Well don’t know about doing the parish proud but I got round in 3:45. Very hard run for me today. Was hoping for sub 3:30 but it didn’t work out today. That’s it for me for marathons. Getting sick at mile 25 and spending an hour in the medical tent after has confirmed it for me that this is the last one. Anyway had a few beers and a burger and feel right as rain now. 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Well don’t know about doing the parish proud but I got round in 3:45. Very hard run for me today. Was hoping for sub 3:30 but it didn’t work out today. That’s it for me for marathons. Getting sick at mile 25 and spending an hour in the medical tent after has confirmed it for me that this is the last one. Anyway had a few beers and a burger and feel right as rain now. 😀

Fair play lad, tis tough alright. Takes the body a while to recover from the abuse it gets from a marathon. Rest up and be proud of what you have achieved.

Well there's a a few drinks and take away that you need not feel guilty for. Fair play to you. I couldn't even fathom it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Well done. Great achievement. Eldest lad got his first Leinster cross country medal here yesterday.

Imagine if this was that £160,000 ram sold lately. :eek:

Still bull**** though.
    The continued reduction in people's IQ never fails to disappoint. :(

https://www.thescottishfarmer.co.uk/news/17006740.bad-sport-on-islay/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Imagine if this was that £160,000 ram sold lately. :eek:

Still bull**** though.
    The continued reduction in people's IQ never fails to disappoint. :(

https://www.thescottishfarmer.co.uk/news/17006740.bad-sport-on-islay/

The local Guide who sponsered her and her husband, and filed their applications with Police Scotland should be reported to the police as unfit to continue.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The local Guide who sponsered her and her husband, and filed their applications with Police Scotland should be reported to the police as unfit to continue.

To play devils advocate here...... there was nothing illegal about what she done tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Reggie. wrote: »
    To play devils advocate here...... there was nothing illegal about what she done tho

Shooting someone elses sheep on their own property?

Shooting someone elses sheep on their own property?

On sky news they reported that the Scottish government claimed no laws were broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Went into the macnas parade this evening, great show and some crowd, was Baltic but still better than the rain, the only disappointing thing was trying to figure out was it Halloween or Xmas :eek:

• Advertisement

There's no sport in shooting domesticated farmed animals.
    Even deer shooting in estates is usually only preselected animals that have no value to the continuation of the herd.

Next thing it'll be open season with Dublin 4's coming out for a spot of shooting on the Dublin mountains.

It's a continuation of this trophy hunting nonsense and posting online that the Americans particularly love. Usually their trophy is fenced in behind a wire fence ready for the paying American.

There's no sport in shooting domestic farmed animals.
    Even deer shooting in estates is usually only preselected animals that have no value to the continuation of the herd.

Next thing it'll be open season with Dublin 4's coming out for a spot of shooting on the Dublin mountains.

It's a continuation of this trophy hunting nonsense and posting online that the Americans particularly love. Usually their trophy is fenced in behind a wire fence ready for the paying American.

Knew I'd open the flood gates but I'm just saying that nothing illegal was done.

Bad taste alright but nothing illegal is what I'm getting at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Knew I'd open the flood gates but I'm just saying that nothing illegal was done.

Bad taste alright but nothing illegal is what I'm getting at.

To be honest, if I found her in my field with one of my rams shot dead,and taking selfies of herself and het "kill", something illegal would be certinly be done ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

On sky news they reported that the Scottish government claimed no laws were broken.

So nobody owned the ram?

So nobody owned the ram?

I'm not familiar with the case in Scotland. I saw the pic of her posing with the cadaver is all.
    But around here NPWS shoot feral goats in certain situations. They don't go posing on Facebook though!

Edit. What relevance this has to sheep I'm not sure. I didn't think it fully out before I posted. :-)

They only mention goats and deer.

Not a mention of a blackface ram. :rolleyes:

Nicola Sturgeon (@NicolaSturgeon) Tweeted:
    Totally understandable why the images from Islay of dead animals being held up as trophies is so upsetting and offensive to people. @scotgov will review the current situation and consider whether changes to the law are required. https://t.co/SIQxcEYBzR https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1055161864185937921?s=17

On the subject of hunting there's an excellent series on Netflix called Meat Eater. Very good hunting fishing cooking show.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    To be honest, if I found her in my field with one of my rams shot dead,and taking selfies of herself and het "kill", something illegal would be certinly be done ....

I think the sheep were wild not actually part of a flock. Remember the sky interview and a gatekeeper said it was bad form as the wild goats were a problem but the sheep were causing no harm

So nobody owned the ram?

I think it was wild

• Advertisement

I think it was wild

He was a shorn sheep.

I think they were trying to make excuses and said it was a feral sheep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement