Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

148multi wrote: »
    That's a bit of a wait 😂

Shocking he has to pay for it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Reggie. wrote: »
    Shocking he has to pay for it too

Yea.

Took me a while to realise the tickets were for Bon Jovi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

had to bite the bullet and go to the doctor today because ive a bad chest infection. i knew the problem already but still had to fork out €50 for a consultation to getthe prescription. Doctor told me only about 25% of the patients he is seeing on a daily basis dont have the medical card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Cleared a small area recently of very overgrown briars. Snipped all the briars at the butt. Would it be a waste spraying now with roundup, or should I wait till I see some growth in the spring?

Cleared a small area recently of very overgrown briars. Snipped all the briars at the butt. Would it be a waste spraying now with roundup, or should I wait till I see some growth in the spring?

Grazon90 is your only man for briars

_Brian wrote: »
    Grazon90 is your only man for briars

I have some. Would spraying now be a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I sprayed round up 2 weeks ago. They are all dying. Not on briars. Also a nice trail where I walked across the lawn, not even in a straight line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

I have some. Would spraying now be a waste of time.

Best time of the year for glyphosate as everything been drawn downwards for the winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

Waste of time if there is no leaf and they are not growing. Grazon 90 in the spring when they are growing.

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »
    Waste of time if there is no leaf and they are not growing. Grazon 90 in the spring when they are growing.

That's what I was thinking, as all that is left now are the roots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Hector is watching swimming dogs in Chengdu, China on tg4.

Jeez, I thought AI was expensive.

DrfpAdBWoAgxw1I.jpg:large

Jeez, I thought AI was expensive.

DrfpAdBWoAgxw1I.jpg:large

When did ya buy the mare Patsy?

Edit: I'm only codding ya Patsy.. ;):)

Great program on Xi Jinping on tg4 and his great vision for China.

They developed their own secret program called the Silk road program to develop their own way of bypassing western companies and influence in bringing Chinese goods to European wealthy consumers and the wider world.
    So the Xi released Chinese money to foreign governments as a loan to help them develop their transport infrastructure.
    The first to take them up on it was Sri Lanka. A major deep sea port was built with Chinese money but the Sri Lankan government couldn't pay back the loan or the interest. So in return the Sri Lankan government gave full ownership of the port and 5 kms around the port to the Chinese authorities for the next 99 years.
    So it's Chinese soil for the next 99 years.

Further along the Silk road project. Toulouse airport in France was bought and more.
    A deep sea port in Greece was bought and the government bailed out. In 2017 the UN were unable to report on human rights in China for the first time because also for the first time Greece vetoed it.
    Also last year Germany copped on there's something going on here and concerned for their own industries and continuing slide of European money to China announced that the Silk road projects were a great threat to the EU.

On to the military side and Xi decided he needs to have might to protect his new transport systems. So in 2017 they establish their first foreign military base in Djibouti with 10,000 service personnel.
    Then this year they establish another military base in international waters in the South China sea were before it was just a coral reef.

There's a man with a vision for China in the future. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭I says

Great program on Xi Jinping on tg4 and his great vision for China.

They developed their own secret program called the Silk road program to develop their own way of bypassing western companies and influence in bringing Chinese goods to European wealthy consumers and the wider world.
    So the Xi released Chinese money to foreign governments as a loan to help them develop their transport infrastructure.
    The first to take them up on it was Sri Lanka. A major deep sea port was built with Chinese money but the Sri Lankan government couldn't pay back the loan or the interest. So in return the Sri Lankan government gave full ownership of the port and 5 kms around the port to the Chinese authorities for the next 99 years.
    So it's Chinese soil for the next 99 years.

Further along the Silk road project. Toulouse airport in France was bought and more.
    A deep sea port in Greece was bought and the government bailed out. In 2017 the UN were unable to report on human rights in China for the first time because also for the first time Greece vetoed it.
    Also last year Germany copped on there's something going on here and concerned for their own industries and continuing slide of European money to China announced that the Silk road projects were a great threat to the EU.

On to the military side and Xi decided he needs to have might to protect his new transport systems. So in 2017 they establish their first foreign military base in Djibouti with 10,000 service personnel.
    Then this year they establish another military base in international waters in the South China sea were before it was just a coral reef.

There's a man with a vision for China in the future. ;)

Yeah they think 50 to 100 yrs ahead of everyone look at buying the dairy farms around the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

On the subject of the Chinese what ever happened to the big development in the Midlands (Athlone)? that was to be built and centred around chinese business. A type of hub I think they called it. Well Over 100 acres was going to be developed.

On the subject of the Chinese what ever happened to the big development in the Midlands (Athlone)? that was to be built and centred around chinese business. A type of hub I think they called it. Well Over 100 acres was going to be developed.
    The American foreign direct investment companies kicked up and said they'd leave if it happened.

( Only messing I haven't a clue ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

The American foreign direct investment companies kicked up and said they'd leave if it happened.

( Only messing I haven't a clue ).

They'd all go to China 🇨🇳

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Youngest sent me this pic (on Tuesday) of him taking a member of the shark family out of the recovery tank on his latest fishing survey with the Marine Institute. TBH I didn't have a clue what type it was until he told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Base price wrote: »
    Youngest sent me this pic (on Tuesday) of him taking a member of the shark family out of the recovery tank on his latest fishing survey with the Marine Institute. TBH I didn't have a clue what type it was until he told me.

Christ fair play to him, is that a night shark by any chance?

• Advertisement

When did ya buy the mare Patsy?

Edit: I'm only codding ya Patsy.. ;):)

No mare. Can hardly afford the sucklers as it is. Do like the look of No Nay Never though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

_Brian wrote: »
    listening to it hammering down rain for last two hours.
    Ground will be plenty soft after this.

I was collecting battery fencer, wire and posts from where it was keeping my cows back from neighbour's, just to discourage them from chatting with his bull! Was walking in direct line back to yard with arms so full couldn't see where I was going. Suddenly went to my knees in soft ground, couldn't get free, had to leave the wellies behind me. Fence is now back up in the middle of a field around an unbelievably soft spot where it never was wet before. Don't think there is underground pipe or anything, will not be going anywhere near it any time soon. Walked back to yard with wellies under arm and muck almost to my hips. The warm dry summer is but a distant memory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

KatyMac wrote: »
    I was collecting battery fencer, wire and posts from where it was keeping my cows back from neighbour's, just to discourage them from chatting with his bull! Was walking in direct line back to yard with arms so full couldn't see where I was going. Suddenly went to my knees in soft ground, couldn't get free, had to leave the wellies behind me. Fence is now back up in the middle of a field around an unbelievably soft spot where it never was wet before. Don't think there is underground pipe or anything, will not be going anywhere near it any time soon. Walked back to yard with wellies under arm and muck almost to my hips. The warm dry summer is but a distant memory!

Some ladies pay big bucks for that type of treatment ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Male tope :D

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Christ fair play to him, is that a night shark by any chance?
    It's a Tope.

Guy Cotten is getting great advertising here lately. :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Pictures Pleeaasee for November competition;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057926705

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

blue5000 wrote: »
    I ....... Suddenly went to my knees in soft ground, couldn't get free, had to leave the wellies behind me.............
    Walked back to yard with wellies under arm and muck almost to my hips........

Pictures Pleeaasee for November competition;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057926705

And now you have to go back and do it all again for the photo :)

15473-C43-ECE9-4-A01-BCE4-A6-EBE48-F2040.jpg

Drainage done during the summer earning the spend now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

wexie wrote: »
    weird-things-structural-inspections-5be2a0a57dbcf__700.jpg
    Who needs a tyre disposal scheme?:pac:

• Advertisement

The death has occurred of.....

whelan2 wrote: »
    The death has occurred of.....

Stuart Little.

Stuart Little.
    Little Fcuker he was. He was in the porch. Was having a heart attack each time putting on my wellies in case he was in one of them. He set the trap off and struggled on a bit but got a wallop to put him out of his misery ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Little Fcuker he was. He was in the porch. Was having a heart attack each time putting on my wellies in case he was in one of them. He set the trap off and struggled on a bit but got a wallop to put him out of his misery ;)

Better watch out, his relatives might come to the funeral.

orm0nd wrote: »
    Better watch out, his relatives might come to the funeral.

There's one in oh's new lorry too. Seems to have been a fall off in the cat population here with the drought. Just happy it wasn't a rat

There's one in oh's new lorry too. Seems to have been a fall off in the cat population here with the drought. Just happy it wasn't a rat
    I bought one of these https://www.ie.screwfix.com/procter-pest-stop-electronic-mouse-killer.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqM3VBRCwARIsAKcekb0fsaX3JLU10lPjI0vkXs2hyYoNzwI6M-0CTWK7vEdBhvEjzfZ8Mb8aAhD0EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds 2 years ago on the recommendation of L1985 and it's the best thing ever. We haven't used rat/mouse poison in years because we have lots of buzzards and a few barn owls. I also have an issue setting spring mouse traps :o
    I throw the deadmau5 ;) onto the roof of one of the sheds for the birds to take. I got 10/12 mice with it in the farm jeep within a fews days earlier this year and fingers crossed there have been none since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I bought one of these https://www.ie.screwfix.com/procter-pest-stop-electronic-mouse-killer.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqM3VBRCwARIsAKcekb0fsaX3JLU10lPjI0vkXs2hyYoNzwI6M-0CTWK7vEdBhvEjzfZ8Mb8aAhD0EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds 2 years ago on the recommendation of L1985 and it's the best thing ever. We haven't used rat/mouse poison in years because we have lots of buzzards and a few barn owls. I also have an issue setting spring mouse traps :o
    I throw the deadmau5 ;) onto the roof of one of the sheds for the birds to take. I got 10/12 mice with it in the farm jeep within a fews days earlier this year and fingers crossed there have been none since.

Can a rat sized version be got do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Can a rat sized version be got do you know?

https://www.ie.screwfix.com/procter-electronic-rat-killer.html
    There ya go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Thanks for the link. The reviews don't sell it.

Anyone any experience of zapping rats with one of these?
    I'd buy one if I thought it'd work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

We got it for rats originally as one had moved into my grans house-zapped it the first night. They are really good and I hate having poison around the place and with this we don't need any which is great. We also have a better cat which also helps!!
    Base price good to hear my recommendation worked out well :)

I bought one in March this year for the calf rearing shed and got 5 rats within a week but only after I placed it bated for the first week with it turned off. Rats are a lot cleverer than mice and you have to acclimatise them to something new, iykwim.

You have to remove the dead rats asap otherwise the batteries will run out quickly. One set of batteries kills 10-12 rats.

We got two cats here.
    One is fat lazy and seriously friendly, the other is less friendly but boy does she hunt.
    Never ever see mice or rats round the farm, pigs are messy with feed and never anything since getting the cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Happiness is opening the first bale and revealing leafy golden silage with that beaufitul sweet aroma !!

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Happiness is opening the first bale and revealing leavy golden silage with that beaufitul sweet aroma !!
    Especially if baled late in the year.

Caught that one today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Went up to check the weanings who are still out this afternoon-5min job. Turns out they had 4posts down it was a miracle they hadn't broke. They are v quiet to be fair to them. I was laughing thou. Was at the fence and my dad was with me and I said it wasn't his fencing ....he said it was-I said it wasn't and then he remembered he had got someone in to do that row( which all went rotten together!). It's funny how even something like fencing you can tell by the way it's done who did it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

While traveling this evening I came across some bullocks on the road near a very large old farm house. Half were in the drive way, half in the road. I stoped and hunted those on the busy road into the drive, it was dark and on a bad corner.
    Plenty of lights on in the house, three cars in the drive. I shouted out, rang the door bell many times, knocked on windows, opened door as key was in it, roared in, bullocks eating and ripping the garden apart.
    Then I could see a man eating in a room upstairs in a converted loft. Threw stones at the window, hi viz and flashing light from phone at him. No response. Dogs barking, eves bleeting, bullocks trampling, fook it, even the cats were out and no response.
    Eventually a neighboring farmer came after he got a call about animals on the road. He had to phone to get him away from the dinner.
    What do people be thinking?
    Somehow I often clear animals off the road, no one else bothers. Second time I had to do it at this spot too.

Odelay wrote: »
    While traveling this evening I came across some bullocks on the road near a very large old farm house. Half were in the drive way, half in the road. I stoped and hunted those on the busy road into the drive, it was dark and on a bad corner.
    Plenty of lights on in the house, three cars in the drive. I shouted out, rang the door bell many times, knocked on windows, opened door as key was in it, roared in, bullocks eating and ripping the garden apart.
    Then I could see a man eating in a room upstairs in a converted loft. Threw stones at the window, hi viz and flashing light from phone at him. No response. Dogs barking, eves bleeting, bullocks trampling, fook it, even the cats were out and no response.
    Eventually a neighboring farmer came after he got a call about animals on the road. He had to phone to get him away from the dinner.
    What do people be thinking?
    Somehow I often clear animals off the road, no one else bothers. Second time I had to do it at this spot too.
    Imagine what it's going to be like next Saturday when the All blacks play Ireland!!!

You only notice how short mickey D is when he's greeting the rugby teams

Many of us on small farms of bad land will find ourselves in some line of Seamus’s poem.
    Nice bit of work by a talented man.

https://www.facebook.com/125309587523622/posts/1938112339576662/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement