Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The beef genomic scheme, I'm thinking?

Too early for BPS

I'm not in that. My dad is.... I'd say it's an error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    I'm not in that. My dad is.... I'd say it's an error

I just got in and nothing showing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Anyone else get a text that they received a payment from Dept of agriculture? Financial services is down atm

Advance payment for Glas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Anyone else get a text that they received a payment from Dept of agriculture? Financial services is down atm

My mother’s glas payment is in.

I just got in and nothing showing
    nothing showing in mine will check my dads after, actually got 2 texts to say payment in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭alps

Got a text. Not in any schemes, I think...��

Must be BPS

alps wrote: »

Must be BPS
    no, nothing showing, I'm not in glas.

Just got an apology text from them.... for getting my hopes up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭alps

Must be BPS

Then this arrived

Sincere apologies, a text message was sent in error today due to a system glitch. Your personal data was not compromised. To optout freetext DAFM STOP to 50400

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Then this arrived

Sincere apologies, a text message was sent in error today due to a system glitch. Your personal data was not compromised. To optout freetext DAFM STOP to 50400

DAFM STOP KIDDING AND SHOW ME THE MONEY to 50400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Our representatives in The Seanad.

We are truely blessed with those who lead us.
    Today in the Seanad, Senator Brian O Domhniall came out with this gem:

"The two-year limit means that no frozen semen can be used on dogs.   That means any dog racing today we would expect, if the Irish Greyhound Board has implemented the regulations, as the board should have done because it is the law, then no greyhounds racing on any tracks now would have a father that was born prior to that date, if it was now dead"

Lucky he isnt working on Brexit......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Only got an apology text nothing else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭emaherx

Mooooo wrote: »
    Only got an apology text nothing else

Did you get the "We are sorry for apologizing when we didn't need to apologise" text?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Christmas bonus?

On the motorway today, seen about 40 car transporter trucks, fully laden traveling in both directions. Guess they are filling dealerships with 191 cars for the newyear.
    Must be some operation reving up that amount of trucks and drivers for a couple of months. Wonder where they get them from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Odelay wrote: »
    On the motorway today, seen about 40 car transporter trucks, fully laden traveling in both directions. Guess they are filling dealerships with 191 cars for the newyear.
    Must be some operation reving up that amount of trucks and drivers for a couple of months. Wonder where they get them from.
    Poland.

Poland.

The polish aren’t so keen to come here or anywhere else so easily these days. Their economy is picking up and housing is cheaper.
    Was talking to someone recruiting for VW and Porsche, they are not able to attract them to near by Germany, don’t know how the car transport companies can do it but I guess it all comes down to money.

Odelay wrote: »
    The polish aren’t so keen to come here or anywhere else so easily these days. Their economy is picking up and housing is cheaper.
    Was talking to someone recruiting for VW and Porsche, they are not able to attract them to near by Germany, don’t know how the car transport companies can do it but I guess it all comes down to money.

Ah they'd pick up seasonal drivers wherever they can.
    Milk lorry owners would be letting off drivers from now on for the winter.
    Likewise lads working for ag contractors some have hgv licenses. Same with tillage farmers this time of year hit the lorries.
    And then there's always a few eastern Europeans. Some companies treatment of those would explain your reluctance post though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Eldest lad was part of the team that won the itlg young innovators award in Shannon today, there was 1.000 transition students presenting to the tv dragons. He did a lot of the talking:D. They won a weeks trip to Silicon Valley and work experience while over there. Very proud dad and mom tonight.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Eldest lad was part of the team that won the itlg young innovators award in Shannon today, there was 1.000 transition students presenting to the tv dragons. He did a lot of the talking:D. They won a weeks trip to Silicon Valley and work experience while over there. Very proud dad and mom tonight.:D

Wat did they do?

• Advertisement

Wat did they do?

Their project was on developing an app for single use plastics. It’s impressive what a group of 15/16 year olds can think up. I’m hoping he’ll fund my pension plan:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Ah they'd pick up seasonal drivers wherever they can.
    Milk lorry owners would be letting off drivers from now on for the winter.
    Likewise lads working for ag contractors some have hgv licenses. Same with tillage farmers this time of year hit the lorries.
    And then there's always a few eastern Europeans. Some companies treatment of those would explain your reluctance post though.

Crowd collecting milk here have a couple of polish lads. Work till this time of year then go home and back again in Feb. Local farmer has a fella working with him. Goes home the day the cow's are dried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Grueller

Watching a film called warrior on film4. Never even heard of it before but if you like films about lads knocking seven bells out of each other its a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Grueller wrote: »
    Watching a film called warrior on film4. Never even heard of it before but if you like films about lads knocking seven bells out of each other its a good one.

The bit where he rips the door of the rear of the APC is some rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

naughto wrote: »
    She’s will be gone by the weekend.

Honestly imo, if she was pushed out now she'd simply collapse the Govt amd force a Gelection on the way out the door. Borris and co aren't fit to run a bath, never mind all their posturing it was Olly Robbins who did the negotiating not politicians.. The gun will be put to the tory rebels/Dup's heads, told to back it in parliment or else GE, extension to article 50, labour get in with another vote promise, held within 2 years.
    They should have had Brexit A,Bor C and the ballot paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Their project was on developing an app for single use plastics. It’s impressive what a group of 15/16 year olds can think up. I’m hoping he’ll fund my pension plan:D

Probably do a much better job in that area than many government Departments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Could you elaborate a bit?

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Decent prize, Hope he has a great time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Probably do a much better job in that area than many government Departments

That wouldn't be difficult in any area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Can you shoot a drone that's flying around your house/yard? Anyone done it?

• Advertisement

Rightly so, great opportunities out there for young people that are innovative but also articulate enough to put their ideas across......make sure he doesn't waste his talents now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Has anyone experience of battery operated rolley tractors?
    https://www.agridirect.ie/product/john-deere-ground-force?gclid=CjwKCAiAlb_fBRBHEiwAzMeEdn0sae4kN0ZY3QcXxC1bE8wAzYsWLp9dT2y-9vvILdY-XZr60bodAhoC-fkQAvD_BwE
    Are the 12v much faster than the 6v?
    Does the battery last long?
    Can the travel on rough gravel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Bullocks wrote: »

Well if ya can manage to shoot it who would know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Your not supposed to but it wouldn't stop me from doing so. If cattle are housed I would use animal welfare as a reasonable excuse ;)

within https://www.iaa.ie/docs/default-source/misc/drone-safety---dos-and-don'ts.pdf?sfvrsn=2f8f0af3_2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Sher wasn’t it annoying the stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Depends how good your aim is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I brought the 2 to the Rebranding of local service today. Both in their Clare jerseys. Won a hamper which was great. Small lady was happy out with the face painting and balloons. She had my head wrecked all week asking about the “birthday party”.

Cattle are housed so it’s easy to feed them on a day like today

I brought the 2 to the Rebranding of local service today. Both in their Clare jerseys. Won a hamper which was great. Small lady was happy out with the face painting and balloons. She had my head wrecked all week asking about the “birthday party”.

Cattle are housed so it’s easy to feed them on a day like today

Went to a race eldest lad was in today 10k. He came 8th, 37.20 first junior. Great to be out for a few hours off the farm. Knocked nearly 3 minutes off his pb

Went to a race eldest lad was in today 10k. He came 8th, 37.20 first junior. Great to be out for a few hours off the farm. Knocked nearly 3 minutes off his pb

Jaysus..... Good on him.

• Advertisement

Brought the bulk of the cattle in today. Guess it's officially winter here now. Everything is either in now or on the home farm ready to be let in if weather turns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

That was a nerve wrecking last 10 minutes. I thought the All Blacks would get back at us. What a super performance.

Base price wrote: »
    That was a nerve wrecking last 10 minutes. I thought the All Blacks would get back at us. What a super performance.

It's great to have the rugby back on again, we've a brilliant team now.....should be a great year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Pity CTE will rob some of the players of the memories of this win in years to come.

wrangler wrote: »
    It's great to have the rugby back on again, we've a brilliant team now.....should be a great year

Have never seen such an Irish performance, well done all round, they kept the all blacks looking like a b team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

I says wrote: »
    Pity CTE will rob some of the players of the memories of this win in years to come.

The true shame is breathing oxygen will eventually get them all.

• Advertisement

Could you elaborate a bit?

Their concept was to create an app that shows you how much single use plastic you purchased and then over a period of time reward you via points on how much you reduce your consumption......that’s my understanding anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Some contrast between the soccer and rugby teams atm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Great win and on home soil as well. The victory in Chicago just didn't 'do it' for me for some reason.
    I think it's a great game, tough etc, but the respect shown to penalty takers and respect to referee is exemplary. Can't see that happening in soccer.
    Can't understand why the 'foreign sport' brigade (as some regard rugby) not put any weight in the fact that it is a 32 county all Ireland team, one country, one team.
    Then maybe it's me is the b@!!@x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Muckit wrote: »
    Depends how good your aim is!

Id let a rattle at it anyway. Lots of scum profiling yards with them. A gunshot might tick the box to avoid your place. They wont want lead in the seat of their pants!!

If it's good enough for Rory McElroy's wedding?

http://www.alljammers.com/jammers-shop/drone-jammers.html

Gun might be cheaper though?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement