Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There are a lot of gangs of 'walkers' around this are with the last few months with their dogs upsetting a lot of cattle and leaving gates open. Yesterday, 5 or 6 with dogs walked across a neighbours fields and chased his sheep, killing one ewe in his yard. He managed to shoot one dog but they took no notice whatsoever of him.

There's talk of a meeting being called to help protect our areas from this kind of carry on. It's a frightful situation when the Gardai don't even bother their ar$e to respond to calls of trespass and that people have to resort to policing their own area.

It's not going to end well:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

There are a lot of gangs of 'walkers' around this are with the last few months with their dogs upsetting a lot of cattle and leaving gates open. Yesterday, 5 or 6 with dogs walked across a neighbours fields and chased his sheep, killing one ewe in his yard. He managed to shoot one dog but they took no notice whatsoever of him.

There's talk of a meeting being called to help protect our areas from this kind of carry on. It's a frightful situation when the Gardai don't even bother their ar$e to respond to calls of trespass and that people have to resort to policing their own area.

These people are dangerous. Two friends in North County Dublin were lucky not to have been killed in separate incidences.

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/we-live-in-fear-farmer-left-with-smashed-bones-and-broken-arm-after-attack-by-crime-gang-37335694.html
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/rural-life/spineless-thugs-kicked-me-in-the-head-until-i-was-unconscious-dadofthree-brutally-attacked-by-gang-37303733.html
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/meeting-tackling-rural-crime-scourge-to-be-held-in-north-dublin-412914

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I'm not advocating anything but they have to park their vehicle somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Ring the gardai, give them the address and say there’s going to be a shooting and hang up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

ganmo wrote: »
    Ring the gardai, give them the address and say there’s going to be a shooting and hang up.
    I reckon you would loose your gun if you did that.

Base price wrote: »
    I reckon you would loose your gun if you did that.

For saying you were going to shoot a dog within the law?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

For saying you were going to shoot a dog within the law?

afraid so, they'd nearly need to have a sheep in their mouth.
    Apparently guards have no power to put trespassers off your land unless they're doing harm

wrangler wrote: »
    afraid so, they'd nearly need to have a sheep in their mouth.
    Apparently guards have no power to put trespassers off your land unless they're doing harm

The law says worrying or about to worry and there’s no definition of worrying

I'm not advocating anything but they have to park their vehicle somewhere.

It was done already a few weeks ago. Some few showed up at a man's house and threatened to burn it down around him apparently

It was done already a few weeks ago. Some few showed up at a man's house and threatened to burn it down around him apparently

A shur how would they know who done what?
    I believe there's anti hunting loonies loose with spray cans in the southwest?
    Hopefully the guards might catch that crowd some time too...

Some feck of a country here at times though. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

A shur how would they know who done what?
    I believe there's anti hunting loonies loose with spray cans in the southwest?
    Hopefully the guards might catch that crowd some time too...

Some feck of a country here at times though. :rolleyes:
    They don't give a fiddlers, tbh. Any house around the general area will do fine, word will get back to the lads that slashed the tires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Its high time the law was changed in this country regarding Trespass.
    As I understand it, trespass does not actually exist in law until you can prove that a criminal act is about to be committed.
    Time to lobby some enterprising TD's to bring a bill before Cabinet to change that.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Its high time the law was changed in this country regarding Trespass.
    As I understand it, trespass does not actually exist in law until you can prove that a criminal act is about to be committed.
    Time to lobby some enterprising TD's to bring a bill before Cabinet to change that.
    Election due after April next year, I'd say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

What’s a hang up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭148multi

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    What’s a hang up?

Game of hang man.

What’s a hang up?

when a telephone had to be physically put back on their receiver to end the call that was called hanging up, sometimes it was done abruptly and with force to end a call suddenly

when a telephone had to be physically put back on their receiver to end the call that was called hanging up, sometimes it was done abruptly and with force to end a call suddenly

But he told the guards there was a shooting and a hang up?

But he told the guards there was a shooting and a hang up?

Re-read the post.
    It didn't say " theres going to be a shooting and a hang up"
    It said "theres going to be a shooting and hang up"

Grammer, man.

Re-read the post.

Grammer, man.
    So was there a hang up or not?

• Advertisement

Re-read the post.

Grammer, man.[/QUOTE
    So was there a hang up or not?
    Put away that "A".

This is an adverb free zone.

Put away that "A".

This is an adverb free zone.

Ok,ok don’t get hung up about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,857 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Ok,ok don’t get hung up about it.

Hang on a minute...

Looks like anarchy in France!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpOnDcalWIc/

Our happy bunch in New Zealand, hard to believe we were the other side of the world a month ago.

This was a lovely farm, environment very important to this farmer, they have won awards for their farming and care of the environment.
    They have a lovely website too if you have a few minutes,
    they were on our farm last year and of course said to call if we're in the area so we arrived with twelve

http://www.whenuanuifarm.nz/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Pod123

Our Yorkshire farm is on channel 5.
    A hill sheep farming family. Different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Dr Marie Cassidy on Rte1 now, how she dealt with the horrors she has seen I’ll never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Odelay wrote: »
    Dr Marie Cassidy on Rte1 now, how she dealt with the horrors she has seen I’ll never know.

You never seen some of the painted pigs I woke up besides after copious amounts of beer.

The horror
    The horror
    Still a poke is a poke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I'm still deaf from Deff Lepard!! - so worth it though!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Anyone watch the boxing? Fury some man to get up after the shots he took in the last round. Thought he was out cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I had a great aunt that lived in England during ww2, she said that the sound of the doodlebugs(v1) was horrible but kind of comforting because it only fell when the engine stopped.

Aunt of my wife lived through it there too

Forever more she hoarded tinned food “just in case”, interesting how it affected people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭reps4

Balance of sfp is in ag food as being processed to bank for payment

That was some goal, can't beat the atmosphere in Anfield.

whelan2 wrote: »
    That was some goal, can't beat the atmosphere in Anfield.
    I still can't stop laughing. It must have been electric on the concourse afterwards:D

I still can't stop laughing. It must have been electric on the concourse afterwards:D

Klopps's reaction was priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Anyone get their balancing BPS payment yet?

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Anyone get their balancing BPS payment yet?

I'd say it will be in accounts tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Hi guys. Any ideas of where I could buy a cheap tractor seat? It's for a case 885. Are they fairly generic or would it have to be the right one for each tractor ? I want as cheap as possible to be honest-it's just to give my dad a bit more comfort as that's "his" tractor!! Saw some on amazon but just don't know if they fit most tractors...

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Most tractor spares places would have universal seats, fitting them can take some ingenuity but they do offer better comfort and shock absorption than a knackered old seat

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭148multi

L1985 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Any ideas of where I could buy a cheap tractor seat? It's for a case 885. Are they fairly generic or would it have to be the right one for each tractor ? I want as cheap as possible to be honest-it's just to give my dad a bit more comfort as that's "his" tractor!! Saw some on amazon but just don't know if they fit most tractors...

You could try quality tractor parts in mullingar. They seem to supply a lot of places.

• Advertisement

From Donedeal

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractorparts-for-sale/tractor-seats-all-makes-amp-models/5352747

They're based to the east of Limerick city and seem to have a good selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

My two pence would be buy a good seat. Like good shoes and a good mattress, a good seat in a tractor wouldn't be a luxury in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Now that the case is over....

Was O'Mahony's use of a crowbanger normal or would you normally not put one so close to another's residence?

ED E wrote: »
    Now that the case is over....

Was O'Mahony's use of a crowbanger normal or would you normally not put one so close to another's residence?

It wouldn't be normal, maybe use it in daylight hours for a short while, but not 100 mtrs from a house,
    Ferris must've been subjected to an awful time, Guards wouldn't do anything seemingly, it's them that should be in jail, I feel reallly sorry for him

The fact that he (O Mahony) had an illegally held shotgun in the car was more of less glossed over.
    He seemingly had his own one lifted by the Gardai after firing at hill walkers, and would never have got a licence again.

The fact that he (O Mahony) had an illegally held shotgun in the car was more of less glossed over.
    He seemingly had his own one lifted by the Gardai after firing at hill walkers, and would never have got a licence again.

Ya it could of ended up the other way round fairly quickly I’d say.

Surely dismantling the crow banger at nighttime would have been the easy option. Savage what Ferris did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

My two pence would be buy a good seat. Like good shoes and a good mattress, a good seat in a tractor wouldn't be a luxury in my view.

Well the current one is fairly painful but TBH I think dad is so used to it he doesn't even notice it. TBH it's a fairly battered tractor so I don't really want to spend a fortune as it won't be used as much as this is dads tractor and he just tips around with it. I saw some for around 100 which I'd be happy with but am I safe in that will most seats fit it?

Surely dismantling the crow banger at nighttime would have been the easy option. Savage what Ferris did.

Ferris has taken/stolen it out of its field before, and the Gardai found it in Ferris's shed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There was talk of firing at Dept Social Welfare staff on Liveline today too.

Think it was daylight hours only, every 4.5 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement