Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Ferris has taken/stolen it out of its field before, and the Gardai found it in Ferris's shed....

Could he not have just disabled it permanently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Have anyone heard of or done business with a company called ProDig?
    They make a root chopping bucket to fit a tractor loader and a mate of mine was just trying to find out the cost etc for buying one for the UK & they haven't return his call :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Have anyone heard of or done business with a company called ProDig?
    They make a root chopping bucket to fit a tractor loader and a mate of mine was just trying to find out the cost etc for buying one for the UK & they haven't return his call :(
    Based in Carlow, link below

http://www.prodigattachments.com/en/

Good quality stuff but eye wateringly dear.

Based in Carlow, link below

http://www.prodigattachments.com/en/

Good quality stuff but eye wateringly dear.

Yip, was looking through it! But they are legit etc? He was just a bit confused when they didn't answer or get back to him on it. Of course, they could just be busy!

Yip, was looking through it! But they are legit etc? He was just a bit confused when they didn't answer or get back to him on it. Of course, they could just be busy!
    They're definitely legit, they have a big export market and very good quality stuff.

They're well outside my price range but anyone I have talked to about them seem to be happy with the stuff they bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Ya. Legit as they come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

What’s best thing to put into a mousetrap??

Did I hear somewhere that they love chocolate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Panch18 wrote: »

It’s as much about eliminating other food sources and placing the trap on a good busy run.

Chocolate or Nutella are both good, latter has better smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

They're definitely legit, they have a big export market and very good quality stuff.

They're well outside my price range but anyone I have talked to about them seem to be happy with the stuff they bought.

Don't talk to stanfit so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    It’s as much about eliminating other food sources and placing the trap on a good busy run.

Chocolate or Nutella are both good, latter has better smell.

Fresh bread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I've the sweeping brush for the front loader from them.

Tell your friend to go onto their website and look up his nearest dealer.
    It's usually how all these places operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Had a mouse in the kitchen here last week, google told me peanut butter, bought 2 traps and baited with a little lick of peanut butter, 4 nights, 6 mice, problem solved.

Peanut butter did the trick for me anyway but as said above positioning is key

Thanks everyone, will go with a couple of chocolate and a couple of peanut butter

Need to find out how the little fecker got in, I think it’s through the gas pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭I says

Panch18 wrote: »

Peanut butter go all out the first night the more traps the better.

Reggie. wrote: »
    Don't talk to stanfit so

Did he have a problem with them?

I says wrote: »
    Peanut butter go all out the first night the more traps the better.

Go hard or go home!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Could he not have just disabled it permanently?

I think he did!!!!

Did he have a problem with them?

Yeah his 1 year old shear grab broke in two

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

I thought they were supposed to be bulletproof untill i heard of the problems stan had with his. Then a guy i did a bit of work for had his break. The box iron holding the tines bent down and nearly cracked totally off. Only starting its 2 winter. I dunno is it a design flawor what.
    Most of their gear is strongly built tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I've pallet forks and a 8ft brush here and the steel is well made but the bristles are rubbish

• Advertisement

I thought they were supposed to be bulletproof untill i heard of the problems stan had with his. Then a guy i did a bit of work for had his break. The box iron holding the tines bent down and nearly cracked totally off. Only starting its 2 winter. I dunno is it a design flawor what.
    Most of their gear is strongly built tho

Yeah it is. The bar at the bottom is not supported right. Hard to fathom considering the amount of steel that's in them

Mchale bale splitter for back of tractor is it a good or bad investment? Thoughts
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

whelan2 wrote: »
    I'd say it will be in accounts tomorrow

Your never too far out in fairness to you Whelan, there this morning like you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Mchale bale splitter for back of tractor is it a good or bad investment? Thoughts
    Thanks

A good machine, but you need space at the headfeed to work it. Works best if you can back in at 90 degrees to the barrier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

A good machine, but you need space at the headfeed to work it. Works best if you can back in at 90 degrees to the barrier

+1 Works great here

Had to take out what I would consider a fairly large loan when I took over the home place, at the time the bank wanted me to take it over a longer term but I insisted on 5 years as I wanted it finished before I left the army. Twas 1 lump sum every December, twas fairly crippling to get it done, I'd spend 6 months recovering from it and the next 6 months saving for it. Cleared it off this morning. Im free YeeeeeeePeeeeee.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Had to take out what I would consider a fairly large loan when I took over the home place, at the time the bank wanted me to take it over a longer term but I insisted on 5 years as I wanted it finished before I left the army. Twas 1 lump sum every December, twas fairly crippling to get it done, I'd spend 6 months recovering from it and the next 6 months saving for it. Cleared it off this morning. Im free YeeeeeeePeeeeee.

Happy Christmas to you! :p

TITANIUM. wrote: »

Fair play on army wages.

Fair play on army wages.

Yep, no more "IMAGINATION CHRISTMAS" For the little one🀣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

Shocking to see a hard working and honest man from granard who deals in quality used van parts and second hand diggers getting shot yesterday evening. Think someone needs a medal.

148multi wrote: »
    Shocking to see a hard working and honest man from granard who deals in quality used van parts and second hand diggers getting shot yesterday evening. Think someone needs a medal.

What was the story there at all ??
    I’ve watched the video a few times (not easy with the mouth on yer wan).
    In the beginning it looks like the traveller is holding something out of shot in his right hand, or pushing something down leaning over. He’s only using his left hand and arm to try and get access to the van.
    The guard must have felt under threat from something off screen to shoot yer man like that.

We're clearly only getting part of the story there. It's not like every Garda is going about armed! I'd have a lot more faith in his reasoning behind shooting than in the wan screeching like a tomcat about her poor Oisin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Who had the Guard by the tie?
    The woman with the phone or the guy trying to get at the driver of the van?
    Looks like he was trying to shut the van door with one hand, and holding his SIG with the other, then he was being pulled by the tie and pulled the trigger in error.
    I thought the Gardai used "clip on " ties for the very reason that they couldn't be held/choked as the tie would just pull off?

https://youtu.be/COr0k0fFnAg

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Who had the Guard by the tie?
    The woman with the phone or the guy trying to get at the driver of the van?
    Looks like he was trying to shut the van door with one hand, and holding his SIG with the other, then he was being pulled by the tie and pulled the trigger in error.
    I thought the Gardai used "clip on " ties for the very reason that they couldn't be held/choked as the tie would just pull off?

https://youtu.be/COr0k0fFnAg

As I understand a fencing firm from Cork broke down in granard, was offered help by local garage, but when they went to collect transit were given bill in the 000. Corkonian went to guards. Garda Tom gets transit and is attacked by **** with slash hook which he disarms, video was apparently edited to take out dog that attacked guard who fired shot at and hit **** at same time.

As I understand a fencing firm from Cork broke down in granard, was offered help by local garage, but when they went to collect transit were given bill in the 000. Corkonian went to guards. Garda Tom gets transit and is attacked by **** with slash hook which he disarms, video was apparently edited to take out dog that attacked guard who fired shot at and hit **** at same time.
    The gentleman goes "Watch out, watch out, watch out"
    Then..
    You can hear the guard say "Get it to let go of me" as his tie is being pulled and then .... bang.

The gentleman has only one arm free to pat the driver in the pickup on the head so there's obviously a dog on a leash there.

• Advertisement

Listened to it there, your one sounds like a wailing banshee. Wouldn't do to have the volume up too much

It’s only a pity he didn’t use 3 bullets and eliminate the problem fully

The gentleman goes "Watch out, watch out, watch out"
    Then..
    You can hear the guard say "Get it to let go of me" as his tie is being pulled and then .... bang.

The gentleman has only one arm free to pat the driver in the pickup on the head so there's obviously a dog on a leash there.

I’m surprised a dog can’t be heard though. It does seem the guy is controlling a dog but god it’s a quiet dog, with all that excitement you’d expect a dog to be yelping or yelp when shot.
    It
    Must be the traveller pulling the tie, can’t see a dog pulling a tie like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It's a very quiet dog now. Stealth dogs are often the most dangerous.

Fair play on army wages.

They aren't great to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Was talking to a Longford business owner there, he tells me there are now two types of (people) in Longford, leaded and unleaded.

Base price wrote: »

Don't they always in France.

Poor oul Sir David Attenborough don't know what to think.

Was talking to a Longford business owner there, he tells me there are now two types of (people) in Longford, leaded and unleaded.

These people involved in this yesterday are they the same people that had ads on done deal selling parts and it was removed last week?

These people involved in this yesterday are they the same people that had ads on done deal selling parts and it was removed last week?

👠same boyos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Didn't hear who had the shed full of dismantled transits and plant, but this cultured gentleman has been named... Mod snip. I can't find any sign of this in the public domain. So we'll leave it out at the moment! Thanks. GC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭White Clover

Any background to the story? What was the lad In the van from cork doing there?

They aren't great to be honest.

Better off on the dole and if the border starts up again not worth a ****e

Better off on the dole and if the border starts up again not worth a ****e

Only still in due to being so close to the pension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Don't they always in France.

Poor oul Sir David Attenborough don't know what to think.

i would prefer if David had given that speech in Egypt last week at the Biodiversity Loss conference where the real drivers of extinction were discussed by world governments - and those drivers are still the likes of direct habitat loss, the illegal trade in endangered species, marine plastic pollution etc.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement