Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Bought few bits from Amazon for Christmas, half came with no packaging to hide what it was.

Got away with it first time but eldest was here yesterday when courier arrived and saw her Christmas gift :(

Just a warning to anyone watching Santa stuff, it’s not all coming in plain packaging.

Same caution probably goes for sex toys ;)

This is stuff fulfilled and dispatched from Amazon themselves rather than separate vendors.

In fairness I bought a lot of stuff from them in the last few weeks. Everything has been delivered and only one item from a separate vendor arrived with just a sticker on the actual box as you described.. Leave negative feedback for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Bought few bits from Amazon for Christmas, half came with no packaging to hide what it was.

Got away with it first time but eldest was here yesterday when courier arrived and saw her Christmas gift :(

Just a warning to anyone watching Santa stuff, it’s not all coming in plain packaging.

Same caution probably goes for sex toys ;)

This is stuff fulfilled and dispatched from Amazon themselves rather than separate vendors.

Some good advice there. Might be better to get them leave the sex toys at the Creamery for collection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

And go in on a busy Saturday morning to collect it !! Taking it out past a row of lads at the counter. Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Muckit wrote: »
    And go in on a busy Saturday morning to collect it !! Taking it out past a row of lads at the counter. Legend.

You'd obviously want to borrow a sack trolley first....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

kowtow wrote: »
    Some good advice there. Might be better to get them leave the sex toys at the Creamery for collection!
    Cows might get worried then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

kowtow wrote:
    Reggie. wrote: »
    Cows might get worried then

Christ I can see the headlines already ...

gozunda wrote: »
    Christ I can see the headlines already ...

Farm scandal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Not a real farm scandal if there isn't an IFA official involved somewhere along the line :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Last yr the kids school had a sale of work in the school for the kids everyone was buy stuff to the value of a fiver. The little one brought home a vibrator. She was able to tell the OH which student brought it in.😂

dzer2 wrote: »
    Last yr the kids school had a sale of work in the school for the kids everyone was buy stuff to the value of a fiver. The little one brought home a vibrator. She was able to tell the OH which student brought it in.😂

Did ya keep it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

how were the batteries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Bought a poker a few yrs back. Spanish made. It's called the Rabbit. Goes rampant when it's switched on. :D
    Myself and a neighbour wound up his wife one day talking about the rampant rabbit vibrator.

Not so much farm scandal as fuel to feed the fire that farmers "sexually abuse" cows etc from the usual bunch ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

*reads recent posts*

*double checks forum & thread*

ಠ_ಠ

*reads recent posts*

ಠ_ಠ

This kinda malarkey.... ;)

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057916154/1/#post108237460

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

gozunda wrote: »

Fisting 🤣🤣

*reads recent posts*

ಠ_ಠ
    Farmers talk about strange things missus

Fisting 🀣🀣

Its this bit that gets me ... :pac:
    Re dairy
    molest their teats ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

just checking back since am and wondering am I the only fool that's doing a bit of work around here,

between this thread , ifa , and new tractor one, looks like some posters spent most of the day on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

FBD hotels paying 9m for a hotel and FBD INSURANCE buying back their shares and IFA seem to be getting over the hump.
    Omens are good

orm0nd wrote: »
    just checking back since am and wondering am I the only fool that's doing a bit of work around here,

between this thread , ifa , and new tractor one, looks like some posters spent most of the day on here

You wouldn't put an ould fellow like me out in this weather, would ya

Reggie is doing his best to get to 20000 posts

whelan2 wrote: »

Some of us are very efficient at our daily jobs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Some of us are very efficient at our daily jobs ;)

Have you that tree up yet? Looked like it exploded in the living room last i seen of it.

Have you that tree up yet? Looked like it exploded in the living room last i seen of it.

Whole house decorated. Torture it was.

Used a grenade to take it down last January

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

whelan2 wrote: »

Wouldn't it be awful to get banned at 19,999......:D:D:D

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be awful to get banned at 19,999......:D:D:D

Was threatened before by mods with bigger hammers :P

Any one watching father Tony Coote on RTE, inspirational stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

wrangler wrote: »
    Any one watching father Tony Coote on RTE, inspirational stuff.

Use to know him about 12 or 14 years ago. He is a gentleman.

Ard_MC wrote: »
    Use to know him about 12 or 14 years ago. He is a gentleman.

The local guy that has the same crippling disease in inspirational too. always upbeat...outwardly anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Same as that!! Working all day and meetings until 40mins ago. Youd wonder whos right or wrong.

Same as that!! Working all day and meetings until 40mins ago. Youd wonder whos right or wrong.

Ya just have to get up earlier. All jobs done here and halfway to Dublin. Get the dinner at 5am too. Straight run at the day then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Ya just have to get up earlier. All jobs done here and halfway to Dublin. Get the dinner at 5am too. Straight run at the day then :)

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DUC6kcDYOPls&ved=2ahUKEwjxv--KlI3fAhUVThUIHbGKCwsQtwIwAHoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1bVn4-bjpTz9MBuSclR3x-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

The phone scammers have been busy this morning - had a couple of recorded messages telling us that our internet has been compromised. They want us to connect to their maintenance department to fix it!! Checked with Eir just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

When you get back from a weeks holiday to find 23 of the neighbours cows in your place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

When you get back from a weeks holiday to find 23 of the neighbours cows in your place :(

Serves you right for taking a holiday! :)

Were they in long? Much damage done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Parishlad wrote: »
    Serves you right for taking a holiday! :)

Were they in long? Much damage done?

3 days I think. A bit of winterage I was sparing until after Christmas. No just gave it a bit of a clipping...auld lad had told him they were inside there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Yesterday : jeep passed test with an advisory ,

Today: Clear herd test.

Tomorrow: 7.30am appointment at Bon Secours to see what condition this ageing body of mine is in. No doubt there will be an adviory or two.

Yesterday : jeep passed test with an advisory ,

Today: Clear herd test.

Tomorrow: 7.30am appointment at Bon Secours to see what condition this ageing body of mine is in. No doubt there will be an adviory or two.

Best of luck, private hospital anyway.
    I've come to the conclusion that I'd need to be retired at my age to have time to keep ahead of the repair jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Jeez, have a read of this. Some other very interesting posts in the thread too.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94603585&postcount=281

Thread;
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057052411

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

Thanks for that link,I had never seen it before.It was just the tonic that I needed.
    That was better than a barrel of porter or a bottle of penstrep to cure a bad day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Thread;
    Des Cahill has a new book out Patsy.

From what I hear about it you'd find that interesting.

The Rabbi wrote: »
    Thanks for that link,I had never seen it before.It was just the tonic that I needed.
    That was better than a barrel of porter or a bottle of penstrep to cure a bad day.

I remember going to see them years ago in vicar Street, I think. I spent the whole show terrified they'd ask me to go up and make ham sangwiches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Was out at work dinner last night. Had the motor so Hienakin 0% all night.

Have to say it’s areally nice option stacked with ice in a pint glass, didn’t get fed up with it like you do with water or minerals on a night out. Finally a non alcoholic beer that doesn’t taste like it’s been filtered through a bad bale of silage. Also have some of the Guinness non alcoholic here in the house and it’s good too, none of the establishments we visited last night had it in stock though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Was out at work dinner last night. Had the motor so Hienakin 0% all night.

Have to say it’s areally nice option stacked with ice in a pint glass, didn’t get fed up with it like you do with water or minerals on a night out. Finally a non alcoholic beer that doesn’t taste like it’s been filtered through a bad bale of silage. Also have some of the Guinness non alcoholic here in the house and it’s good too, none of the establishments we visited last night had it in stock though.

Stacking up here for the few visitors we’ll get over the holidays

Allot of check points around here lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Erdinger do a nice non- alcohol beer.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭148multi

Stacking up here for the few visitors we’ll get over the holidays

Allot of check points around here lately

A lot of check points everywhere this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭148multi

Thread;

Glad I deleted my post now. ðŸ˜

148multi wrote: »
    A lot of check points everywhere this year.

Proper order too. If you have done nothing wrong and have all in order then you've nothing to worry about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

What's the cost for a 15 Ton digger, tractor and dump trailer, two drivers per day?
    I'm thinking 100 per man, 150 for the tractor, 200 for the track machine?
    About a weeks work and ten miles from his base?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement