Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Are they much different to the Bekina agrilite?

Not sure tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Fairplay and all that but making his fortune from the steel industry wasn't exactly environmentally friendly. Altho it's better when people such as him do help in that regard as they have the mean to do so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reheated pizza for breakfast. Nearly tastes better the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭I says

whelan2 wrote: »

The cats are stuffed here this morning. Leftovers from Xmas dinners turkey carcass bit of ham and smoked salmon with all the veg they can fcuk off now till New Year’s Day.
    A sin with all that waste.

"Nearly"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

orm0nd wrote: »
    Had intended going to Newport Dairy sale today. Apparently we're all going to the Limerick Races for some family get together.

I'm going always last to find out these things and have zero interest in the nags.
    How's your upset stomach this morning?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I see the sherlockstown herd in Kildare is being sold off, changing to contract rearing dairy stock....more money in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I see the sherlockstown herd in Kildare is being sold off, changing to contract rearing dairy stock....more money in that.

Is that one of the 'Beef Better Farms'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Is that one of the 'Beef Better Farms'?

Yep, it’s in the ifj today.

• Advertisement

What day is it?

What day is it?
    Thursday:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

Mouse in the Jeep. Bought four mouse traps in the hardware but the only type they had were plastic easy set types.
    It’s fair to say all they have done is feed the ****ers, Nutella cleaned off every morning.

Got three of the traditional wooden traps today, Hasta la vista mousie.

Odelay wrote: »
    Mouse in the Jeep. Bought four mouse traps in the hardware but the only type they had were plastic easy set types.
    It’s fair to say all they have done is feed the ****ers, Nutella cleaned off every morning.

Got three of the traditional wooden traps today, Hasta la vista mousie.

Just be thankful it's not a rat. Imagine driving and the fooker running up your leg

Cattle clipped and done for lice what else would ya be at Christmas week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

Just be thankful it's not a rat. Imagine driving and the fooker running up your leg

Ah here. Hadn’t considered that! Thanks Whelan!

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »
    Ah here. Hadn’t considered that! Thanks Whelan!

Wear bicycle clips when you're driving just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Was in Dingle 6 years ago and while l was there purchased a bottle of Dingle vodka, as much for the fancy bottle as it's contents! Anyways decided to break the seal on it! Ice and 7up.

Have to say tis nice stuff!!

Wear bicycle clips when you're driving just in case

I heard a story during the tiger years of a second hand jeep being bought and the farmers wife driving it one day and finding something behind her in the seat. The seat was shredded on the inside by a rat.

It wasn't long being moved on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Liced all the cattle here today and reduced the pens of 16 & 17 animals down to 14 as the weathers so warm and muggy. Don't want them getting sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Took the young bull out today. Lazy older fella doesn't know whether to ignore him or chase him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Took the young bull out today. Lazy older fella doesn't know whether to ignore him or chase him :D

I know it's a busy day for some but ffs people 4 thanks to this glorious clip of birds singing and cattle jumping with the joys of spring. :)
    Would ye's pile on the thanks ffs!!

Leo hasn't put a tax on that button yet or can ye not move with that stick up ye'r arses.

Thanks again LH for that great clip. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I know it's a busy day for some but ffs people 4 thanks to this glorious clip of birds singing and cattle jumping with the joys of spring. :)
    Would ye's pile on the thanks ffs!!

Leo hasn't put a tax on that button yet or can ye not move with that stick up ye'r arses.

Thanks again LH for that great clip. ;)

I gave the post the thumbs up and then read your inspirational speech, I only wish I could thank it again, sort of.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I gave the post the thumbs up and then read your inspirational speech, I only wish I could thank it again, sort of.

It could be the start of a movement on boards?
    The ban stick up arses movement!

I've the 4 stickless posters handles screenshotted if anyone wants to follow the way.

^Have you been on the Christmas sherry Say My Name? :D:D You missed your calling when you didn't go into tactical PR!!
    Never noticed the birds singing until you mentioned it, was a grand sunny morning alright.

49.3 degrees Celsius in Australia today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

49.3 degrees Celsius in Australia today!

I'd say we were up on the 12 degrees here which wasn't bad either . Especially compared to this time last year

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'd say we were up on the 12 degrees here which wasn't bad either . Especially compared to this time last year

Plenty of flies about anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Reggie. wrote: »

I happened to be over in the corner of the garden today where I keep bee hives. I couldn't believe the activity for the time of the year. Unreal to see bees out foraging today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Didn't even bother lighting a fire this evening. Something wrong.

Fed & cleaned down cattle in a vest the last two days. You'd cook with a hoodie or coat on!
    Daffodils are up almost 2 inches in places. I'll have to put sods on top of them :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Fed & cleaned down cattle in a vest the last two days. You'd cook with a hoodie or coat on!
    Daffodils are up almost 2 inches in places. I'll have to put sods on top of them :eek:

Daffodils were out twice last year, once around now & again in April
    Hopefully get a better spring this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I happened to be over in the corner of the garden today where I keep bee hives. I couldn't believe the activity for the time of the year. Unreal to see bees out foraging today.

I've daffodils up and getting ready to bloom here

I listen to an odd farming related podcast now and again.
    I find you nearly always learn something new or question yourself after the really good ones.

It's a strange time of the year between the family celebrations of Christmas and the burgeoning of a New Year and new possibilities.

So with that lead up out of the way.
    Here's a thought provoking podcast. :)

https://player.fm/series/2116933

All you do is just click play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

[HTML][/HTML]

We were unwrapping Christmas presents Christmas morning and the mother of all Wasps flew in the window!!!!My son got 2 wasp stings in the Summer when we were moving old bales of straw from a shed and annoyed a wasp nest.....he wasn’t long leaving the room.Took a while to swat the wasp with a newspaper. Just shows how mild this backend has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

F&F's Capercaillie has been nominated for a biodiversity award - https://iwt.ie/biodiversity-awards/vote-champion/ - see project B.

I became aware of his nomination via a post in (the scariest forum in Boards) - Nature and Birdwatching forum ;) -https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108981128&postcount=1646
    Capercaillie has given advice, comments and posted pics within various F&F threads of his efforts to provide a suitable breeding environment for one our rarest farm birds the corncrake, amongst others.
    Vote for project B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

[HTML][/HTML]

We were unwrapping Christmas presents Christmas morning and the mother of all Wasps flew in the window!!!!My son got 2 wasp stings in the Summer when we were moving old bales of straw from a shed and annoyed a wasp nest.....he wasn’t long leaving the room.Took a while to swat the wasp with a newspaper. Just shows how mild this backend has been.

Most likley a queen wasp coming out of hibernation too early. The queen is the basis of a new colony each year. They tend not to survive if they get hibernation wrong ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Didn't even bother lighting a fire this evening. Something wrong.

We usually pay for it later - I remember in 98' when people were walking around in T-shirts during Feb. The following April was one of the coldest of the 20th century with snow and temps down to -6C on a number of nights. Privet hedges etc. turned black, the following summer was awfull too!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Just in from local quiz. Ended up winning it. Burnt from it though. Brought my sister and brother along and they’d fight with their shadow. Glad I wasn’t drinking.

One of my friends in the team is a sore winner and another friend in another team is a sore loser.

I think I’ll sit out next years one. Maybe help out with the marking.

Just in from local quiz. Ended up winning it. Burnt from it though. Brought my sister and brother along and they’d fight with their shadow. Glad I wasn’t drinking.

One of my friends in the team is a sore winner and another friend in another team is a sore loser.

Getting it from all sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Some achievement tbf. There does be people from all over going to some of them

Some achievement tbf. There does be people from all over going to some of them

Normally 4 school teachers win most of them around here. We came second to them at most recent one we were at. Often wonder are table quizzes days numbered now that everything can be looked up online

Bloody dose back again......ffs

Bloody dose back again......ffs

Man down, man down the dreaded man flu is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Normally 4 school teachers win most of them around here. We came second to them at most recent one we were at. Often wonder are table quizzes days numbered now that everything can be looked up online

What put a stop to them here was there was a team with 3 former brains of Clare, they were all on know your sport in different and two won it and one reached the final.

You’d be 20 points behind them.

The team that came second were in a good mobile data spot. Drove my brother mad altogether.

I says wrote: »
    Man down, man down the dreaded man flu is it?

No idea but kill me now to be on the safe side

• Advertisement

What put a stop to them here was there was a team with 3 former brains of Clare, they were all on know your sport in different and two won it and one reached the final.

You’d be 20 points behind them.

The team that came second were in a good mobile data spot. Drove my brother mad altogether.

Google....the ruination of any good pub quiz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭Grueller

Man down.

Manflu.

Grueller wrote: »
    Man down.

Manflu.

I asked the cattle to sort themselves out this morning but no joy. Miserable hoors

God love your ohs at this moment in time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Feck. Boards.ie acting funny on my phone. No paperclip to attach photos. Can't access guntering tread last few days.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement