Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged 12.70 for missing a DD payment to a savings account i have

Options
  • 27-06-2018 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I received a text message from BOI to notify me that 200e would be paid from my account to a savings account today and to avoid an unpaid fee of e12.70 to transfer money to the account using 365 online and lodge cash before3.30pm. I did use 365 online and transferred 200e to may account before 3.30. It was from my Northern Ireland BOI account to my BOI Republic of Ireland account. However I was still charged. I did exactly what was asked as per the text message. This is not first time this has happened and is unacceptable. 

I can only do what is asked to ensure i dont get a unpaid fee. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

Ok getting ridiculous now, your service support on 365online not working, Twitter got no response and now ignored.
    dave_brent wrote: »
    I received a text message from BOI to notify me that 200e would be paid from my account to a savings account today and to avoid an unpaid fee of e12.70 to transfer money to the account using 365 online and lodge cash before3.30pm. I did use 365 online and transferred 200e to may account before 3.30. It was from my Northern Ireland BOI account to my BOI Republic of Ireland account. However I was still charged. I did exactly what was asked as per the text message. This is not first time this has happened and is unacceptable. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'm sorry but it would take a maximum of 3 to 5 working days for a transfer between a Northern Irish or UK account to an Irish Euro account. The time frame given would be between two Euro Bank of Ireland accounts. This is why the Direct Debit would have been missed and why the charge was applied to your account.

Thanks again for getting in touch.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

How come I had transferred money before on the day with no surcharge and it clearly stated on the reminder text message to use 365 online before 3:30pm. Its not my fault BOI take 3/5 days to process when other days it was a few hours.

Ill resolve the issue fairly quickly now myself by closing both accounts. Great customer service....not
    Hi Dave,

I'm sorry but it would take a maximum of 3 to 5 working days for a transfer between a Northern Irish or UK account to an Irish Euro account. The time frame given would be between two Euro Bank of Ireland accounts. This is why the Direct Debit would have been missed and why the charge was applied to your account.

Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

How come I had transferred money before on the day with no surcharge and it clearly stated on the reminder text message to use 365 online before 3:30pm. Its not my fault BOI take 3/5 days to process when other days it was a few hours.

Ill resolve the issue fairly quickly now myself by closing both accounts. Great customer service....not
    Hi Dave,

Darren.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to us here.
    It would be correct that there would be no cross boarder charge with this kind of payment. But it would take a few days to complete. If you did a 365 online transfer between two Euro accounts however it would be done that same day.
    I've given a link here that shows how you can raise an official complaint and if you do this the advisers there will be more than to investigate into this further for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

You shouldn't have been allowed set up a direct debit on a savings account

• Advertisement
Advertisement