Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending large sum to Northern Ireland

Options
  • 27-06-2018 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I want to buy a car in Northern Ireland for £26,000 sterling. I've seen the car and will be delivered after payment.
    How do I transfer that amount as I've seen you need a pin and can only send a certain amount.

Do I send it over the space of a couple of days or do I get a draft I post it (not really a fan of the second option). I don't want to drive over 5 hours to get to him again

My BOI account is only 2 weeks old, that wouldn't matter right?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

247wolf wrote: »
    Hi, I want to buy a car in Northern Ireland for £26,000 sterling. I've seen the car and will be delivered after payment.
    How do I transfer that amount as I've seen you need a pin and can only send a certain amount.

Do I send it over the space of a couple of days or do I get a draft I post it (not really a fan of the second option). I don't want to drive over 5 hours to get to him again

My BOI account is only 2 weeks old, that wouldn't matter right?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You could send multiple payments over a couple of days through your 365 online profile or you can also pop into a branch of Bank of Ireland with some photo ID and a cashier in the branch would be happy to arrange a once off transfer of this size (as it is over the daily limit in 365 online).

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

As above, branch will be best and a single payment as you'll get the best exchange rate. Ask them for a dealer rate and you should get a rate of about 1.135 based on current mid-market rate of 1.1275 (1.45pm), so 26,000 stg should cost circa 29500

Advertisement