Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fibre broadband

• 27-06-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everybody,

Just looking for some guidance if anybody can help me.

We built our house and got a phone line installed approx 4 years ago. There was a new pole installed outside our house and line connected to the poles already in the area.

However, all of our neighbours left and right, both sides of the road are live for fibre and we are not. There isn’t any symbol over our house on the map and our phone line won’t accept us for fibre.

It looks like we have been forgotten about!

I’ve tried call my service provider but can’t get anywhere with them :( They told me 1 year ago that EVERYBODY in the country will have it within 6 months.... I didn’t hold my breath on that one.

There isn’t any contact details on the fibre rollout website and I just want to know if we have been overlooked or if there is actually a reason :(

I don’t know if it’s coincidental or linked in some way but we were forgotten about when it came to getting an eircode too. I had to request one and only got it in the last number of months.

Can anybody advise what I should do or even better, if there is anybody I can contact????

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Hi everybody,

Just looking for some guidance if anybody can help me.

We built our house and got a phone line installed approx 4 years ago. There was a new pole installed outside our house and line connected to the poles already in the area.

However, all of our neighbours left and right, both sides of the road are live for fibre and we are not. There isn’t any symbol over our house on the map and our phone line won’t accept us for fibre.

It looks like we have been forgotten about!

I’ve tried call my service provider but can’t get anywhere with them :( They told me 1 year ago that EVERYBODY in the country will have it within 6 months.... I didn’t hold my breath on that one.

There isn’t any contact details on the fibre rollout website and I just want to know if we have been overlooked or if there is actually a reason :(

I don’t know if it’s coincidental or linked in some way but we were forgotten about when it came to getting an eircode too. I had to request one and only got it in the last number of months.

Can anybody advise what I should do or even better, if there is anybody I can contact????

Thanks

It's not coincidental, the network was planned using Eircode so as you did not have one you were left out.

What you need to do first is get an Eircode as per their site:
    The next quarterly update will be displayed on our systems in ​August 2018.

If your property has been in existence for many years and you cannot find it on the Eircode Finder, please get in touch with our contact centre and they will be happy to help you. You can contact Eircode either by submitting a query or contact us on 0818 300 005.

https://www.eircode.ie/getting-an-eircode

When you have the Eircode contact fibrepower@openeir.ie explaining your situation. Include screenshots of the maps showing all your neighbours covered and Eircodes of neighbours left and right that are passing. Ask for your home to be included in the APQ database that is sent to retail ISPs. The more detail the better.

If Openeir refuse to deal with you you may have to contact the Department of Communications but hopefully that will not be necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wheresthefibre

Omg I think I love you!!!!!!! I have been hitting walls for over a year now with this. I was even told that the people responsible for rolling it out “are in an office somewhere and cannot be contacted”.

I have my eircode now so I will contact them through that email. Thank you soooooo much!!!! Hopefully it will be easy to resolve :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Omg I think I love you!!!!!!! I have been hitting walls for over a year now with this. I was even told that the people responsible for rolling it out “are in an office somewhere and cannot be contacted”.

I have my eircode now so I will contact them through that email. Thank you soooooo much!!!! Hopefully it will be easy to resolve :)

Post back with whatever response Openeir give you. There is a chance they won't deal with you. If that happens I can give you some advice about contacting the Department.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wheresthefibre

Will do, thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Can maybe help with this, give us a call if you like. 1800285828

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ron30

Hi guys

Did ye get the high speed broadband after?

We are in the amber colour code and not allowed access to the high speed broadband that does up the main road.

All of our neighbours are in the blue colour code and can access it.

We were told we have to wait for the National Broadband Plan which will take years at this stage.

I have been trying to get the high speed broadband for months but to no avail. I have also ask for assistance from local TD's but they were unable to make any progress on the issue.

Has anyone a solution to the problem

Many Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

how many poles is the nearest DP to the nearest pole by your property?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jason_k

BArra wrote: »
    how many poles is the nearest DP to the nearest pole by your property?

Hi
    Our phone line connects to a pole on main road that has the black box for fibre. There is aboutv4 or 5 poles across a field from main road to our house

Advertisement