Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a club!

Options
  • 27-06-2018 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for recommendations for clubs that start their spins in the South Dublin area. I am looking for a group that gets out regularly, and will be suitable for someone who has never been in a club before, that averages about 20-25km/hr when alone. Hoping to get on a few spins over the remainder of the summer and beyond.

Any clubs that Spring to mind? I have done a little research myself, but it seems like the "big" clubs either aren't currently taking new members at all, or are only taking new members at particular times of year.

I'm not really interested in Racing.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Most of the larger clubs will have group rides for all abilities and some will have several opportunities to get out weekdays, evenings, weekends etc.

Orwell, St Tiernans etc.

Perhaps narrow down the area a bit - i.e. Dublin south east, south west etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Most of the larger clubs will have group rides for all abilities and some will have several opportunities to get out weekdays, evenings, weekends etc.

Orwell, St Tiernans etc.

Perhaps narrow down the area a bit - i.e. Dublin south east, south west etc.

Thanks! At the moment I am near UCD, but that can change. Dundrum and/or Rathfarnham would be great for me. Unfortunately Orwell and Tiernans aren't taking new members at the moment so that would rule out getting out with a club this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Cycle Superstore in Tallaght have set up a new club, bit further out though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Also a bit further out, you could try Bray Wheelers. I don't think they're running the beginners spins at the moment, but have two groups on a Saturday and Sunday morning leaving Kilmac (easier pace at 9, faster group 9.15 for the summer (9.45 and 10 in winter), so if it suited the contact details are on braywheelers.com.

Advertisement