Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commonage liabilties

Options
  • 27-06-2018 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I am looking a buying a property (old farmhouse, small amount of land). It comes with a share of commonage land several miles away. I wouldn't be using this and have no intention of interfering in any way with anyone who is currently using it. But does anyone know if it come with any liabilities?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Sarah 1111 wrote: »
    I am looking a buying a property (old farmhouse, small amount of land). It comes with a share of commonage land several miles away. I wouldn't be using this and have no intention of interfering in any way with anyone who is currently using it. But does anyone know if it come with any liabilities?

None id say

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Sarah 1111

Thanks, that's good - it looks pretty barren but has great views so could walk over it presumably...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭anthony500_1

The only way to know for sure is talk to your legal ppl dealing with the sale. There could be old laws there in relation to commanage so be carfull, seek professional advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Each commonage has their own rules

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Sarah 1111

Thanks all - eventually got an answer - the commonage share belongs to the owner, not the property so wouldn't be sold with it anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement