Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS520 Low Power message

Options
  • 27-06-2018 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

Our Aritech CS520 Alarm keypads ate showing a Low Power message. I tried logging into the keypad but it won’t respond.

From what I have read this means that the rechargeable backup battery is low but the battery in it is only about 7 months old so I am wondering if there is a fault with it connecting to the mains.

We also have a power outage scheduled for Friday so I am wondering if the alarm will go off during the power outage with this fault as this has happened before when the power has gone out and the old backup battery was dead.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like it could be missing mains power and the battery is low.
    Power down the system completely and try power up on the mains only.
    If nothing happens check the mains fuse at the spur & in the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wilmoth2

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sounds like it could be missing mains power and the battery is low.
    Power down the system completely and try power up on the mains only.
    If nothing happens check the mains fuse at the spur & in the panel.

Stupid question but how do you power down the system completely. I haven’t don’t much with alarms apart from changing the battery

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Disconnect the battery & remove the mains fuse. There may be a fused spur just outside the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Looks like low power. Do a complete power down , power back up on mains only. When you replaced battery 7 months ago did you have eng code? If not was it still seen low battery?

Also if you get it going check the charge voltage on the battery leads.
    Its a common problem for this panel to loose that charge voltage somewhat over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Common problem with that panel and the cs235. Battery faults normally cleared through the service menus on that panel.

Advertisement