Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 3 (read post 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Doesn't seem to be any guesses so far, I'll narrow it down slightly and say its in the midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Pretty sure it's a Mulleadys bin outside! Feel like I know it but can't place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Ballymulleady?

feargale wrote: »
    Ballymulleady?

Nope, and have belatedly realised why google has come up blank when I looked for that

Doesn't seem to be any guesses so far, I'll narrow it down slightly and say its in the midlands

I opened a thread once called "Define the Midlands." It was going fine with alot of interesting and conflicting opinions from midlanders themselves, until one gob****e came in to tell us all we were stupid not to know. Dying to show off his erudition, he insisted that every landlocked county was midland i.e. the midlands included Carrick-on-Suir and Strabane. He was so bolshie that, as often happens, genuine posters gave up and deserted the thread. A pity, because the quest for a fairly precise definition ended in vain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭niley

Randomer: "So Niley, did you do anything exciting for Christmas?"

Me: "Ehh...."

536755.jpg

Ballinacarrigy? I don't think so, but I've googled every Church of Ireland in the midlands searching for one that has a tower in the shape of a club milk,

536762.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Hore Abbey outside Cashel?

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Hore Abbey outside Cashel?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭blackwhite

536766.jpeg

Let’s see how long this lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

Any clue?

The birthplace of the Apollo space program has a connection to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Bruff Co. Limerick

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

All gone very quiet here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Need more clues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The poster didn't come back since.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

As the poster is still MIA...

The location of the oldest still operational McDonald's restaurant has a connection to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

TAUGHMACONNEL, IRELAND?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

niley wrote: »

The location of the oldest still operational McDonald's restaurant has a connection to the area.

Something Downey?

Guill wrote: »
    TAUGHMACONNEL, IRELAND?

Correct, well done. Now you're up! :)

And for those trying to follow my clues (Which in retrospect were a bit of a stretch, but this is my caring face: :pac:):

"Rockwell International Corp., Downey, CA, United State whose facilities were the birthplace of the systems for the Apollo Space Program as well as the Space Shuttle."

"The oldest McDonald's restaurant is a drive-up hamburger stand at 10207 Lakewood Boulevard at Florence Avenue in Downey, California."

"Downey was founded by and named for the former and youngest ever governor of California, John Gately Downey, who was born in Ireland."

"Downey was born on June 24, 1827 in the townland of Castlesampson, Taughmaconnell parish, County Roscommon."

Nw8A49O.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Correct, well done. Now you're up! :)

And for those trying to follow my clues (Which in retrospect were a bit of a stretch, but this is my caring face: :pac:):

"Rockwell International Corp., Downey, CA, United State whose facilities were the birthplace of the systems for the Apollo Space Program as well as the Space Shuttle."

"The oldest McDonald's restaurant is a drive-up hamburger stand at 10207 Lakewood Boulevard at Florence Avenue in Downey, California."

"Downey was founded by and named for the former and youngest ever governor of California, John Gately Downey, who was born in Ireland."

"Downey was born on June 24, 1827 in the townland of Castlesampson, Taughmaconnell parish, County Roscommon."

Born and breed in Roscommon and never even heard of it...:D

Truckermal wrote: »
    Born and breed in Roscommon and never even heard of it...:D

Maybe it's Ireland's version of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argleton :D

Apologies - had forgotten I'd posted the last pic :o

Taughmaconnell is correct.

Gentle reminder, New pic up a few post back. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Time for a hint!

Advertisement