Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC secure watch Alarm Tamper Fault

Options
  • 27-06-2018 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

yesterday morning, my alarm(HKC Secure Watch, not sure what model but it seems to be quite basic) started beeping.

I've tried disarming the system with the user code, but a few minutes later, it starts beeping again. It turns out that there is a fault with one of the tamper in my house.

I've found that tamper and opened it up to see what could be done on the inside. Turns out that there is a myriad of small coloured wires (2 of each: blue, red, yellow, green, white and black). I read somewhere that it is possible to mitigate the problem by short circuiting 2 of these wires (green and white) but there are 2 couples with these colors). One of them is disconnected. Here is what it looks like : imageshack.us/i/pnwBPyGGj

Does anyone know what to do to solve this problem. We don't use the alarm, so we wouldn't mind if it got broken, just as long as we can have silence in the house at night. We don't know the engineer code as we have only moved in to the house recently.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you want to simply eliminate the tamper & the problem this is easier to do at the panel.
    Look for the zone number in the panel. There will be a pair of wires into the tamper input for that zone. Remove them & replace with a short length of cable or a staple.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

If there hkc sensors, the 2 centre screws on pcb take them out, note the colours. Just say they were 1 yellow and 1 blue. There poss is toain sleved cables in the sensor so 1 wire of each set is going into those middle screw points
    So see twist the 2 blues together bear wire and 2 yellows if there the colours going to pcb sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 battilo

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you want to simply eliminate the tamper & the problem this is easier to do at the panel.
    Look for the zone number in the panel. There will be a pair of wires into the tamper input for that zone. Remove them & replace with a short length of cable or a staple.

Thanks! Worked fabulously and got it done in no time! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome. Happy to help.

Advertisement