Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepay and night usage

Options
  • 28-06-2018 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭

A neighbour in my apartments has storage heating, as do I , but neither of us use them. So we have day/night meters. Neighbour has a prepay meter installed inside. My question is: does the night-time usage reflect on the prepay credit usage, i.e. is it worth bothering to use washing machine, shower etc after 8PM ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi bonzodog2,

Thanks for your message.

There are several types of Pay As You Go (PAYG) meters that are compatible with the Day/Night meter.

While these PAYG meters do not reflect the time change in the same was as the main meter, they do charge according to the time switch. As such, customers would be charged based off of the night rate, when the main Day/Night meter reflects the night times.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement