Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Car in NI with Visa Debit Card, Which exchange rate is used?

Options
  • 28-06-2018 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I'm going to buy a car in Northern Ireland in the next few days. I'm just wondering what exchange rates are used? It seems to indicate that Visa's exchange rates are used + BOI transaction fee as opposed to BOI exchange rates.

Also I'd presume there is no limit for transactions as long as there is enough funds in the current account?

Thanks

Aidan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

aidanhw wrote: »
    Hi I'm going to buy a car in Northern Ireland in the next few days. I'm just wondering what exchange rates are used? It seems to indicate that Visa's exchange rates are used + BOI transaction fee as opposed to BOI exchange rates.

Also I'd presume there is no limit for transactions as long as there is enough funds in the current account?

Thanks

Aidan

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

The rate used would be the Visa International rate. In relation to the Fee's it would be 2% of the transaction with a maximum charge of €11.43 and once the funds are available in your account you should be able to make this payment with your card.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement