Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iced Coffee

• 28-06-2018 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭

I dont see a previous thread on this, sorry if there is one, mods might merge.
    With the weather being extremely hot and with no signs of an end in sight anybody any easy recipes they can recommend for iced coffee using espresso shots and milk? Good few online but can anybody recommend one please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Glebee wrote: »
    I dont see a previous thread on this, sorry if there is one, mods might merge.
    With the weather being extremely hot and with no signs of an end in sight anybody any easy recipes they can recommend for iced coffee using espresso shots and milk? Good few online but can anybody recommend one please
    Would be interested in a few recipes as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Iced coffee is simple.

Poor your shot or two of coffee into a cup with some sugar, let it cool, add milk or water and then ice.

Instead of sugar, use a scoop of vanilla ice-cream instead ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Tried a few earlier and they turned out not very nice, was wondering whatis was and just realised I forgot the sugar....
    The ice cream suggestion sounds nice

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Go with cold brew if you can I reckon, much nicer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Vanella flavoured soya milk, add a shot or two of coffee and some ice cubes, just delicious, the vanilla adds a great twist, but I will try it with the ice cream also added

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Make a cold brew. Just out a few scoops of grounds topped up with cold water in a French press, stir well to make sure the grounds are all hydrated and then leave it on a counter for 9-12 hours over night with some cling film over the top.

Next morning put the plunger for the french pres in and slowly push it down. Decant the coffee into a bottle for storage and throw it in the fridge. It'll be good for about a week so harm making a load.

Just serve it over ice and top up with some milk, if you want it sweet add some sugar or sweetener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Go down the Vietnamese Iced coffee route and sweeten with condensed milk. It is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Oat milk makes a great substitute for sweet syrups.

Try a glass of ice with condensed milk, pour over milk, then a shot of espresso on top. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Norderburse

I freeze jumbo ice cubes made from leftover cooled filter coffee, and add them to a tall glass/cup of milk - sugar optional; left for a couple of minutes before drinking it makes for a delicious chilled drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

I am a cold brew fan. Not fond of the taste of sugar in coffee, nor the commercial syrups or creamers (even the smallest amount seems sickening sweet.) But I would like some sort of flavouring, just can't find the right add-ins for a delicious iced coffee drink. I generally just go for a smooth half milk, half coffee mix.

I like a strong coffee that isn't bitter or intense, so I cut espresso with half plain roast (in the french press) - it's a nice blend. Cold brews have less acid, added bonus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement