Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Don't understand bill

Options
  • 28-06-2018 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue understanding my bill from Bord Gais that my roommate sent me as they currently look after the paying the bill.

Under previous balance the dd payments was that what they paid or the account credited with that amount?

The total including vat is different to amount due why is that?

Finally the payments due on is that what they should be paying for each of those months?

I'm pretty confused as from up to now they have refused to show me complete bills and actually what they paid!

kOoROJ.png

This is the previous month snip they sent me which to me doesn't look like to adds up to the DD payments on the first image.

eoZQnQ.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

The "level pay" system is when instead of paying you actually use, you pay the 'mean' value each month.
    The 106 - is what you actually used, the 115 is based on the 'mean' estimates from Bord Gais.
    At the end of the year they'll calculate how much you've used  and how much you've payed. Then they either refund or charge you extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The "Total Including VAT" is the total for this billing cycle. The "Amount Due" is the balance due on your account.

If you look at the top, your previous balance was 127.44. Level billing took two amounts in May and June, totalling 122.46

This left a balance of 4.98 on your account. Added to the 106.17 from this billing cycle, gives you 111.15

That's how level pay works.

In July & August, they will take a total of 139.18. This will leave you with an account balance of -28.03. Therefore if your next bill is (e.g.) €110, then the "Amount Due" at that point will be 81.97.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kavo87

na1 wrote: »
    The "level pay" system is when instead of paying you actually use, you pay the 'mean' value each month.
    The 106 - is what you actually used, the 115 is based on the 'mean' estimates from Bord Gais.
    At the end of the year they'll calculate how much you've used  and how much you've payed. Then they either refund or charge you extra.

Ok I understand that part. Just not direct payments as they don't seem to add up to the bill amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

That's what they're paying each month by direct debit. As you can see it's not been covering the bill so the level pay system has upped the payments. You calculate what you owe based on the red circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kavo87

Thanks for everyone for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement