Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness Pro14 Season 2018-2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Treviso down to 13 after a yellow.

Hidalgo-Clyne at 10 for Scarlet, so eh, they’re effectively down to 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Benetton player binned. Uh oh.

Halfpenny nails a touchline conversion to deny Benetton the LBP, but they leave with the TBP. 38-29 FT.

Benetton look the business so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kieran Crowley said he’s ok with the red, said perhaps a yellow can be debated but they know they can’t do that they’ve all been briefed so no excuse. He did say it needs to work both ways and made reference to a shoulder early on in the game but I didn’t see that incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Cheetahs 19 28 Glasgow 45 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Glasgow going to hit Cheetahs for 50+.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Glasgow going to hit Cheetahs for 50+.

24 52 FT

That's a very worrying result for Cheetahs. Their home form was very strong last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

It's a very worrying weekend for the league overall. Too many absolute spankings with another to come tomorrow.

That's a very worrying result for Cheetahs. Their home form was very strong last season.

They conceded 3 tries to Glasgow while they had a man in the bin. They were leading at the time the commentator said.

• Advertisement

It's a very worrying weekend for the league overall. Too many absolute spankings with another to come tomorrow.

Tbf I'd discount the Ospreys one as they phoned it in from the off with the lineup.

Zebre lead Cardiff 26-24. They were 21-0 behind at one stage i think (following it on twitter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Zebre lead Cardiff 26-24. They were 21-0 behind at one stage i think (following it on twitter)
    it finished 26-24. great result

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Watched it..... Great win by zebre... Very deserving of it.

That is a mad result. I switched over to Freesports as Cardiff were hammering them.

Italians are doing very well.
    Bennetton have looked really good. Kevin Crowley their NZ coach was also over Canada in the last world cup and they played a great brand of rugby too. Bennetton scored a cracker of a try in the 1st half, some great offloads after a turnover on their own 10m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Tbf I'd discount the Ospreys one as they phoned it in from the off with the lineup.

Yeah but that's not great for the league either...

Fair play to Zebre anyway, doing their bit to keep it interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Zebre were 21-0 down after 10 min.

2 tries in the first 4min

Mad result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Have to say it's class having Eir with the amount of Pro14 rugby it's showing. Exactly what the league needed

Cheetahs have shipped 136 points after 3 games. Dragons on 95 and Kings on 87.

I do wonder what kind of a season the Cheetah's are going to have after their play off season last year. It's a terrible sign for the league if they implode after a promising start.

Leinster top the points scoring by a hair over Glasgow with 106 to 104. Glasgow top their conference but Ulster are ahead of Leisnter in conference B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

I do wonder what kind of a season the Cheetah's are going to have after their play off season last year. It's a terrible sign for the league if they implode after a promising start.

Leinster top the points scoring by a hair over Glasgow with 106 to 104. Glasgow top their conference but Ulster are ahead of Leisnter in conference B.

Ulster are going to drop a few when the Interpros start.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

cheetahs last currie cup game is next weekend so hopefully they might have a few better choices to pick from (though their 0 from 5 results, and shipping an average of 40 points per game isnt a good sign)

its simply down to loosing their better quality players from last season and being replaced by pretty meh players

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2018%E2%80%9319_Pro14_transfers#Cheetahs

it was always a bad sign when a play off contender from last season was only 40/1 with the bookies this season.... (gone out to 200/1 now BTW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Pro 14 in talks with private equity firms to invest money into the league.
    The Pro14 suspended the talks last year as it negotiated a television agreement with Premier Sports, but when CVC’s interest in the Premiership became public, it rekindled the interest of some of the unions. Wales, Scotland and South Africa are open to the idea of outside investment, while not being prepared to concede control. Ireland still have to be convinced.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/sep/16/pro14-in-talks-with-investors-about-exploiting-its-commercial-rights

Hopefully something workable can get done. It would be great if it helped SA and Italy retain their players. A stronger Pro14 is in the best interests of everyone.

Highlights from the weekend are up: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-S6cXyil4qbIPfb2hrcH4w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Every league has good teams and s*** teams. The difference is the Pro 14 being that the s*** teams can't be relegated. But there isn't much we can do about that.

The Cheetahs decline has been offset (in my mind anyway) by the improvements in Benetton and Zebre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Hopefully something workable can get done. It would be great if it helped SA and Italy retain their players. A stronger Pro14 is in the best interests of everyone.

This is key. While its brilliant to see Benetton doing so well I keep thinking guys like Steyn and Ioane will be probably gone next season and they'll have to rebuild again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Clegg wrote: »

I’m sure there’ll be a thread about all the filthy money-hungry Pro 14 teams are destroying the sport by even considering external investment! :D

Why do your links never work, unless quoted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Synode wrote: »

Why do your links never work, unless quoted?
    Magic. Or because I don't quote properly and didn't realise until you point out.

But probably magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Watching pro14 highlights on freesports..

Is there anyone else with a highlights package?

lawred2 wrote: »

Eir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Synode wrote: »
    Eir

No dice then.. freesports it is

Thanks

All the highlights are on YouTube as well but they're not as long as the ones Eir are running

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Tommybojangles

lawred2 wrote: »

How do people access Freesports in Ireland? is it part of the sky package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

How do people access Freesports in Ireland? is it part of the sky package?
    You can add it in other channels on sky. The frequency to do that was posted somewhere here in past few days

• Advertisement

Springboks squad at kings v Glasgow game. Doubling the crowd

Kings 14-0 Glasgow 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Kings off to a flyer against Glasgow here. 14-0 up after 10 minutes.

Springboks squad at kings v Glasgow game. Doubling the crowd

Haha you made me choke on my drink with that comment!

Great start by the Kings though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

:eek: do Glasgow have a second string team out?

stephen_n wrote: »

9 changes from last week. But 19 internationals in their 23 so I don't think they can use that as an excuse.

The Kings have improved this season. They are coming from such a low base that they'll still lose 90% of their games, but they're on the right track I think.

As I speak the Kings butcher a third try

stephen_n wrote: »

Nope. Pretty strong selection. Missing a few big names but plenty of regulars.

21-0 now

Great try by the Kings.

Banda looks a handful.

The Glasgow tackling is woeful.

21-0. Kings are great fun. Lethal in open play. Glasgow just need to keep it in the pack and kill any rugby.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Third try. More points than minutes on the clock for the Kings. Woeful defence by Glasgow.

That's an incredible scoreline. Kings could end up the better SA side this season.

4th try already for the Kings.

Wow!

Tbp for Kings after 22 min

• Advertisement
Advertisement