Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness Pro14 Season 2018-2019

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Fourth try BP for the Kings.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

26-0 wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Kings player hit Glasgow players hand there IMO. Wrong call

21-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Awww try disallowed for a tiny knock on about 60 metres down field. Annoying but the laws are the laws.

Knock on, fourth try ruled out. I thought it was a knock on at the time. It was a great try but dems the laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I didn't think that was a knock on. His contact didn't dislodge the ball. Warriors player fumbled it off both hands then and his front hand knocked it back as it juggled after Kings player had touched ball.

Could be looking at a red card if they think he landed on his head. SHoulder, I think. So yellow.

Yellow probably fair.

Andrew Brace and Marius Jonker seemed to forget about the second tackle though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Try Glasgow.

• Advertisement

Surely that was a knock on by Glasgow

Good call by Marius Jonker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

All these Glasgow errors are eating up the sin bin period nicely

24-0 at half time

24-0 at half time.

For Glasgow to come back from here would beat the league record...set by Zebre just last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Glasgow performance has been one of the worst I’ve ever seen in the Pro14. Fair play to the Kings, they’ve been aggressive in contact and dangerous when they can hold onto the ball. Mike Willemse (Kings’ hooker and captain) has been one of my favourite players in the league for the last season and a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Just tuning in now. Watching the highlights at half time, the south african commentator said the second try grounding was clear, but didnt look that way to me on first viewing. Was it?

mangobob wrote: »
    Just tuning in now. Watching the highlights at half time, the south african commentator said the second try grounding was clear, but didnt look that way to me on first viewing. Was it?

He did it get it down. Went to the TMO.

mangobob wrote: »

Yes it was grounded. Question was 2nd one as ref saw grounding too

Glasgow performance has been one of the worst I’ve ever seen in the Pro14. Fair play to the Kings, they’ve been aggressive in contact and dangerous when they can hold onto the ball. Mike Willemse (Kings’ hooker and captain) has been one of my favourite players in the league for the last season and a bit.

perfect username!

31-0

TBP

• Advertisement

Kings could stick 50 on Glasgow here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Whelp. Thats that. Glasgow must be wondering what the hell is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

What a try. The weight on that kick, running at full tilt.

Glasgow are just awful

That's a try

Score?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Kings 31-14 Glasgow (68 mins)

Kings score a fifth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

So after 4 rounds of play 13 of the 14 teams will have at least one win while the cheetahs have a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

So that's Connacht and Munster 2nd and 3rd and Ulster and Leinster 1st and 2nd as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

kieran crowley is doing an amazing job witb Treviso. Would like to have him as the next Connacht coach. In the furthest period we can imagine, because it would mean Friend success in the meantime :)

• Advertisement

I can't remember a better start to a pro12/14 season. Already some brilliant games, much more competitive league. Sexton said in his post match interview that there are no easy games in the pro14 anymore and the Kings might have shown yesterday that he is more or less right.

Scarlets v Connacht probably the game of the weekend, some great tries from both teams with the Connacht 10,12 13 axis really delivering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

I can't remember a better start to a pro12/14 season. Already some brilliant games, much more competitive league. Sexton said in his post match interview that there are no easy games in the pro14 anymore and the Kings might have shown yesterday that he is more or less right.

Scarlets v Connacht probably the game of the weekend, some great tries from both teams with the Connacht 10,12 13 axis really delivering.
    Sadly for Cooney/McGrath, you should add Marms in this axis ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

James Davies is out for the next 4 months after rupturing his PCL. Huge blow for him and his world cup ambitions. And a huge blow for Scarlets as well. They were at their best when playing off turnover ball. But Barkley and Beirne have left the club and now Davies is out long term. They're without the three poachers that gave them the ball to play unstructured attacking rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Clegg wrote: »
    James Davies is out for the next 4 months after rupturing his PCL. Huge blow for him and his world cup ambitions. And a huge blow for Scarlets as well. They were at their best when playing off turnover ball. But Barkley and Beirne have left the club and now Davies is out long term. They're without the three poachers that gave them the ball to play unstructured attacking rugby.

Someone’s been listening to the new Blood & Mud pod ;)

Schoeman got 4 week ban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

If you are not watching Cardiff Vs cheetahs, start.

One of the weirdest games of rugby I've seen in along time. Complete mixed bag of sublime and terrible with alot of bizzare incidents already. Highly entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Blatant knock on for the Cardiff try. not sure what the TMO was doing. Sounded like a guy doing work experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Blatant knock on for the Cardiff try. not sure what the TMO was doing. Sounded like a guy doing work experience.

He was being Welsh

Cheetahs take the lead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Benetton are great to watch. Delighted for Italian rugby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

They're not going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Cheetahs love themselves a grubber kick

Another try for Cheetahs, made by a brilliant supporting line by the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Widespread confusion regarding the forward pass in Cardiff tonight.
    Three tries from forward passes. 2 for Cheetahs 1 for Blues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

How did Munster lose to Cardiff last week?
    This Cardiff performance is more akin to their 2 losses to the Italians.

• Advertisement

Edinburgh Benetton is a fantastic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That is a sensational try. Looked good to me. Gets his leg in the air ala Horgan

Edit: And it's given. Beautiful

That is an amazing try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Some finish (yeah, I'm a few minutes behind).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

2 tries for Cardiff and they are back in front.
    George Clancy is entertaining if anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement