Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range of HKC wireless sensor

Options
  • 28-06-2018 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've a wireless HKC alarm. Very happy with it.

We put a log cabin at the end of the garden and I would like to put a motion sensor in it. I'm guessing it's too far away for a wireless sensor? It's about 20m from the panel and walls etc... in between.

I'll be getting a sparks in to run power down so wondering if I should get him to run a wire down as the panel is beneath the consumer unit. Would prefer wireless but suspect it is unlikely to be possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

20m should be fine. But if there is an option to wire that would be my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

KoolKid wrote: »
    20m should be fine. But if there is an option to wire that would be my first choice.

Thanks for this. I also realised it's probably wise to put in a smoke alarm down in the cabin so will speak to the installer about that and see what the best option is regarding wireless/wired. Looking at the manual (Quantum 70) it can only handle one wired zone, but range can be extended or a wired zone extender added too so it should work out fine. Best to chat to the installer!

Appreciate you answering my first question. Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome. If you need anything else come back to me.

Advertisement