Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Highest Temp in 32yrs...

• 28-06-2018 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

It's just been on the news that Met Eireann has recorded it's highest temp in 32yrs... 42°C was recorded somewhere in Kerry(I think)waaaaaaow it's like India, bring it on....

Edit: Emmmmm oops sorry, it's only the highest temp recorded in 42yrs and it was only 32°C. Soz about the fake news, go back to watering your flowers..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

42?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

42?

This seems very wrong

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

42?
    Yeah that's what I thought he said, but it's only 32°, shir am skint now jaysizzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah that's what I thought he said, but it's only 32°, shir am skint now jaysizzzzzz

32, tis a tad hot alright.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

The sweltering tropics of kerryala

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

There was no global.warming when the last record was set?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chev_Chelios

This heat is too much for me, the mid twenties was grand but this is sweltering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Amadán

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,812 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The records only started in mid 19 century, the longer elapsed time since then, we should expect records to be broken due to larger sample size, so in and of itself, records being broken isn't surprising.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

It’s mad to think that 32C would be regarded as cool in a lot of countries during the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

It’s mad to think that 32C would be regarded as cool in a lot of countries during the summer.

32 can be cool, if there is a bit of a breeze, doesn't seem to be much of a breeze to move the air around a little. So it's quite a sticky heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I lived in Turkey for a while few years back and spent one whole summer in Istanbul. Today here in the west of Ireland I would call it 'pleasant' in comparison to the humid sweltering days they get out there. We are getting some nice breezes here today though which helps a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

God love us, the Irish get a bit of sun and the internet goes mad.

I know 32°C is kinda grand. But wouldn't 42° be cool as fooook...
    Imagine all the lovely sticky tar buried up into the wheel arches lol deadly.
    Once we've plenty of water we'll be grand....

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The records only started in mid 19 century, the longer elapsed time since then, we should expect records to be broken due to larger sample size, so in and of itself, records being broken isn't surprising.

HUH???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You been out in the sun too long !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Graces7 wrote: »
    You been out in the sun too long !
    HUH,, What do you mean, I've been out all day in the sun not a bother.. I see people what I mean is!? I see dead people, they speak to me and give me buckets of water to drink....
    I DONT FEEL WELL AT-ALL, I THINK I NEED REAL WATER,does anyone have any water QUICKLY thanks you please.
    Can anyone tell me what a 'stroke' feels like!? QUICKLY THANKS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

FourFourFM wrote: »

i work beside the airport and can confirm it was bleedin melting here all day . and car was showing 32 deg c at 4pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

thats not exactly what i call a foxy youtube linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Heor ya know yer man from gunz n roses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

AllForIt wrote: »
    thats not exactly what i call a foxy youtube linky

I'm improving :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Highest June temperature in 32 years.

Highest temperature since July 2006.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

bazz26 wrote: »
    God love us, the Irish get a bit of sun and the internet goes mad.

you hardly expect us to be out in it, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Did anyone see the clip on the news of the drought of 1976 with the horse and cart and the milk churns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Did anyone see the clip on the news of the drought of 1976 with the horse and cart and the milk churns

I was a youngster in ‘76 and the hot weather just went on and on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

_Brian wrote: »
    I was a youngster in ‘76 and the hot weather just went on and on.

Was born the following year but that clip they showed was like something out of the 30's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

When the horse bolted and the milk churns fell over?

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote: »

I think these weather measurement thingy majiggy yokes only work in Airports!? So for all we know it coulda been 42° in Sligo town centre....
    AmIn I right?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Yeah, it was a lot hotter 4.6 billion years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Anyone else getting a little irritated with the focus on how high the temperature was recorded on some rock 200 miles away, for two minutes, and then people acting like that was the temperature all over Ireland? Well I am. Been listening to it for days.

Humidity is a little annoying alright but tbh I'd like it a couple more degrees hotter than it is (in Dublin, obviously, as that's where it matters). Some proper beach temps would be sweet. Went for a walk on the beach today but it was too cold to swim and I think most people felt similarly as the water was mostly empty (and there was no shark warning, so couldn't have been that).

By the looks of the forecasts though it would seem the temps are going drop by a degree or so. Have I really got beach body ready for nothing? Would appear so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Yeah, it was a lot hotter 4.6 billion years ago.

It was a bloody nuisance back then. Pour yourself a pint of porter, go for a slash and come back to find it's after boiling off.

Advertisement