Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell all in one --- Mini PC connect ?

Options
  • 28-06-2018 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Dell all in one PC.
    I'm looking to change it ( Outdated and slow ).
    I was looking at Mini PC's and there are some very well equipped units available.
    My question is :
    (a) Can I use it through the AIO ? or do I need a monitor ?

Thanks

Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Which model aio do you have and what monitor connections are available on the back.

You need an input port on the rear panel as opposed to the traditional output ports for connecting additional monitors to the aio

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

It's a Dell 2310.

Spec ::

WIRED CONNECTIONS
    Number of HDMI ports 1
    Number of USB 2.0 ports 6
    Wired Terminals / Ports
    3.5mm headphone jack,
    Composite,
    HDMI,
    Line in, Microphone
    USB 2.0,
    VGA (D-sub)

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

You are in luck, from looking online you have a choice of three inputs to use the screen as a monitor for your mini pc.

dell-inspiron-aio_connections2.jpg

Best option would be if your planned mini pc had an hdmi outlet followed by vga. The line in option would be for older Video players, camcorders or some dvd players so not really an option for a mini pc.

One potential issue would be that when you turn on the Dell, the built in PC will also start to run but you need to tell the monitor which feed to use, the built in pc or to use the hdmi or vga input. This can be done by pressing the input button on the left side of the monitor
    dell-inspiron-aio_left.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

HI,

Thanks for the information.
    That will suit me ..

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Attifowler

No problem, I made such thing some months ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement