Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merlin Park Caravan Park

Options
  • 28-06-2018 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

In 1966, at the age of 7, I went on my first family holiday. My father towed a caravan from Dublin to Galway and we stayed at Merlin Park caravan park.

My memory of this place is that it was down a laneway/boreen from the Galway-Dublin road and was close to Merlin Park hospital. The caravan park was right at the end of the lane and was beside the coast.

Can anyone remember this caravan park? I'm guessing this area is all built up now but I'd love to visit this area again.

If anyone has any information on this, I'd appreciate you posting a reply.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭WildWater

I think there used to be a caravan park near Ballyloughane beach (opposite GMIT). Not sure if it is still there.

https://goo.gl/maps/zBRiSVdhYMF2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I wonder was it near or on the grounds of Murrough Lodge house?

Dropped pin
    near Galway
    https://goo.gl/maps/BtqJdPAXQMK2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It was Ballyloughane Caravan Park right down to the beach on the left side it was the last house before the sea had many a good night there :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Thanks for the replies folks. I hope to visit sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Was just gonna say nearest I can think of Ballyloughane. It's down like a Laneway but there are a few Houses down that Lane/By-Road whatever ya want to call it. It's a beautiful hidden spot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement