Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Shop Broke My Screen. They Say they are not liable.

Options
  • 28-06-2018 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Folks. I left in my phone to a local repair shop. It needed a screen replacement but rather than getting a cheap compatible screen, I purchased a genuine screen myself and I just asked them if they could fit it.

They gave me a call to say the screen I have was faulty. Ok, this was fine, its not entirely out of the possibility that something like this could be at fault so I asked them to put the new screen back in its original box so I could return it.

When I collected the phone, they gave me the phone and screen back and said nothing. I decided to check the screen for damage but I noticed it looked different. Luckily, I took photos of the new screen so I could prove the screen given back to me wasn't my new screen.

When I confronted them about it, they told me the truth, that they broke my new screen when they tried to remove it.
    They will not refund me and I'm now out of pocket over €130.
    If a phone company breaks your phone due to negligence, shouldn't they be responsible for their actions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Small claims court, immediately. No messing about.

Advertisement