Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The last time you were somewhere you never heard of before?

• 28-06-2018 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

Found myself in a place called Carrigallen on the Leitrim/Cavan border at 6.30 am this morning, never knew it existed before.

When was the last time you were somewhere you never heard of before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Leitrim doesn't exist ya big eejit

It's just a story made up by parents to scare kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Are you sure ?
    I thought it was behind Roscommon or something like that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Found myself in a place called Carrigallen on the Leitrim/Cavan border at 6.30 am this morning, never knew it existed before.

When was the last time you were somewhere you never heard of before?

Sounds mysterious. Care to elaborate?
    Alien abduction, tiger kidnapping, or a ONS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Chili Shack on Prussia St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

1024px-Welcome_to_Muff.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Erected by muff? Sure aren't we all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

kilbeggan - never heard of it - but apparently its a famous racecourse - I started drinking after work at 2am - woke up at a country music festival in Kilbeggan at 10am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

ardinn wrote: »
    kilbeggan - never heard of it - but apparently its a famous racecourse - I started drinking after work at 2am - woke up at a country music festival in Kilbeggan at 10am.

Anyone who drove Dublin-Galway prior to the M6 opening knows Kilbeggan, as it was one of a series of villages that only existed to cause tailbacks and annoy people (see also, Tyrellspass, Moate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

In the last 2 weeks.....
    Kilmihil
    Masseytown
    Ballymurn
    Chetwynd

Off the top of my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

Flemby (Co. Kerry)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The kitchen.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

The kitchen.

"Git yo bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie" ~ Eric Cartman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Anyone who drove Dublin-Galway prior to the M6 opening knows Kilbeggan, as it was one of a series of villages that only existed to cause tailbacks and annoy people (see also, Tyrellspass, Moate)

I once got a bus from Dublin to Galway on St Patricks Day. They decided to have a parade down the main street in Moate, which was also obviously part of the main Galway to Dublin road. Have always hated Mary O'Rourke since as I saw her on stage giving a speech when we started to crawl through the town an hour later

Was at a wedding in Derrinacarta outside Ballaghadreen a few years ago. Fierce Mayo v Roscommon rivalry around there

Llandudno in North Wales.
    I hoped on the Ferry in Dublin to go on a friends stag. I knew we were going to Wales, but not to a place I might know from Rugby or Football. Ended up in Llandudno. Nice seaside village.

Then on the 2nd day, we got a bus to Blaenau Ffestiniog. It's got an old mine, and you can go on a giant trampoline inside the mine. It was different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"Git yo bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie" ~ Eric Cartman

Why would he want to wear pie...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Off motorways you still get that response to delays caused by tractors, builders, road-workers etc......"Whats your hurry?".

It is impossible to plan journeys off motorways to arrive in good time without leaving 1/2 hr or so spare to cover for people who block roads or go very slow or cause accidents on the road.

This time of year you get contractors pulling out in front of cars in their tractors and trailers slowing everybody down. Likewise builders blocking roads to load or unload stuff just walking out in front of people and blocking them for 10-20 minutes. The blocked motorists have not planned for those delays in their journeys.

The pain people suffered in this country for decades was caused by politicians putting local interests before national interests, local shopkeepers did not want bypasses and motorways because of a fear of losing passing trade.

A typical journey from Galway to Dublin took 4 hours.

Slowed down by villages and kip towns on the way.

Now it takes less than 2 hours.

This happened because EU insisted on it and the NRA was set up to implement it. Otherwise local interests would still dominate the design of our road network if they could.

Why would he want to wear pie...?

Depends on the pie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Actually that is a myth invented by Leitrim folk to keep folk from ruining the place.. I lived there many years.."Lovely Leitrim"..

Almost every time I am out I take a side road to find new places."The road untravelled" has a huge appeal.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Almost every time I am out I take a side road to find new places."The road untravelled" has a huge appeal.
    You need to get a better satnav. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

But that would take all the fun out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Kerry International Airport

would not touch satnav for any price.. love the meanderings . Been meaning to take the road to a place called Furnace but have not had the time yet...and there is a side lane that leads over a lovely old bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Skeheenarinky in Tipp. You'd nearly move there for the address.

looksee wrote: »
    Skeheenarinky in Tipp. You'd nearly move there for the address.

I have a yen to go see "Rossanrubble"" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

New Twopothouse. It's in Cark, like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Pune, Maharashtra, India.

The company I work for has an office there, and last year I found myself there for a week training people. Wouldn't have been able to find the place on a map before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Was taken aback in the70s when told we were going through intercourse and then to paradise and fertility. Turns out we ended up in Bird In the Hand. 4 towns in Pennsylvania.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Shenshen wrote: »
    Pune, Maharashtra, India.

The company I work for has an office there, and last year I found myself there for a week training people. Wouldn't have been able to find the place on a map before that.
    I know the place only by dealing with people from multiple companies based there.

For me it's not the India that sent a spacecraft to Mars or the one launching the GSLV Mk.3 again soon :cool:. It's not Amartya Sen. It's not Tollywood physics.

It's the part of India that has seems to have set even lower technical standards for new hires.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Leitrim.

Advertisement