Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Report

• 28-06-2018 11:58pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So today KBC called me asking me why I hadn't paid the minimum payment of €5 from a balance of about €170. I apologise and just said I sometimes forget to pay on the due date but that I always clear the cars in full monthly. I said I'd do it right after our call and make sure to setup a standing order. Little bit different as I can't set it to just pay the minimum and I just set it so it pays €100 at the start of every month.

I was advised my card will be blocked until payment is cleared and that it would effect my credit report - something they've no control over.

Now I find this as a surprise. I genuinely thought that it only hit your credit score if you peatedly missed all payments and owed large sums?

I have my AIB card to take a direct debit monthly from my AIB current of the minimum payment and then before end of month I clear the cars in full. It's just a little more awkward with KBC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Sully wrote: »
    So today KBC called me asking me why I hadn't paid the minimum payment of €5 from a balance of about €170. I apologise and just said I sometimes forget to pay on the due date but that I always clear the cars in full monthly. I said I'd do it right after our call and make sure to setup a standing order. Little bit different as I can't set it to just pay the minimum and I just set it so it pays €100 at the start of every month.

I was advised my card will be blocked until payment is cleared and that it would effect my credit report - something they've no control over.

Now I find this as a surprise. I genuinely thought that it only hit your credit score if you peatedly missed all payments and owed large sums?

I have my AIB card to take a direct debit monthly from my AIB current of the minimum payment and then before end of month I clear the cars in full. It's just a little more awkward with KBC

Nope. Believe me when I say that late payments are shown on credit file. Your credit file is yours to make sure it’s right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

You can set up a direct debit with KBC just to take minimum payment

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

368100 wrote: »
    You can set up a direct debit with KBC just to take minimum payment

How? I can only see standing order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Sully wrote: »
    How? I can only see standing order?

A DD is set up on the credit card end of things so cant be done online. give them a call and theyll be able to do it

Advertisement