Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicious Homophobic Attack in Portlaoise

Options
  • 29-06-2018 5:13am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A gay couple were brutally assaulted by a number of young men with hurleys in Portlaoise yesterday. One suffered particularly severe facial injuries.

Ireland may have same sex marriage and a gay Taoiseach now, but an attack like this one shows that homophobia and bigotry is still rife in this country. I would hope that this assault would not paint a negative picture of Portlaoise.

Link:
    http://www.midlands103.com/news-centre/councillor-appalled-portlaoise-homophobic-attack/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,655 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Just seeing the photos on independent.ie

Thats is an absolute shocker.

It does paint a very negative picture........

Its horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

disgusting. charlie Flanagan from portlaoise is the the Minister for Justice and Equality.

portlaoise is the same as every other small dismal midland town...small minded. ******* pathetic.

if there's anything i can do to help, gimme a holler. i'm now ashamed to admit i'm from there.

if i was to guess, a few townies that never left the place. sad ****ers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How'd they know it was homophobic and not just an attack, I don't think these scumbags wandering around towns with Hurleys give a crap they'll attack anyone. Think it's nearly time to give GAA players club Id's to make it easier for Gardai to take hurls from non club members.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

disgusting. charlie Flanagan from portlaoise is the the Minister for Justice and Equality.

portlaoise is the same as every other small dismal midland town...small minded. ******* pathetic.

if there's anything i can do to help, gimme a holler. i'm now ashamed to admit i'm from there.

if i was to guess, a few townies that never left the place. sad ****ers

Why are you homophobic? Do you think that way?

If not well then i don't think you have anything to worry about. Portlaoise is just like other Irish towns has a rough element.

Advertisement