Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM-SC Texting

Options
  • 29-06-2018 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a GSM-SC installed on the my HKC alarm system but one of the phones we are linking it to is a Nokia so no app available as it's a Windows phone.
    It is sending texts to the phone but it is not able to receive them (to set or unset the alarm).
    Is this a thing with the GSM-SC or have I some settings wrong does anyone know?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Did you set up the Nokia in the SMS menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭17larsson

Yes I put in the phone number so it's receiving texts but sending commands doesn't work. Is there are other settings I need to setup for the phone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

17larsson wrote: »
    Yes I put in the phone number so it's receiving texts but sending commands doesn't work. Is there are other settings I need to setup for the phone number?

I have never sent notifications directly via SMS to a windows type phone but surely SMS is a bog standard protocol.

Have you put in the spaces in your reply text ?

Advertisement