Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polytunnel temp.

Options
  • 29-06-2018 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello,
    Interested in polyttunnel temperature in this heatwave. Highest I've recorded in mine is 49.2°C . Doors open both ends but no draught going through

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,565 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yea.
    We were away for a few days there and my brother closed one end door by mistake, but it was ok.

Temps are hitting 45-50 when the air is still.

Also had a problem with the irrigation system while I was away, the hose feeding the tunnel softened with the heat, popped out of the fitting and ran out on the ground, tripped off the pump. Luckily I was home before everything dried out and sorted the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

No idea. So hot my digital thermometer broke! Tomatoes are flying up though...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sure they grow tomatoes in the south of spain in polytunnels in higher temps than this, i'm sure they'll be fine.

Advertisement