Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air conditioners in Limerick?

• 29-06-2018 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

As the title says, are there any to be bought anywhere in Limerick? Not one of those crappy "air coolers" that do nothing, I mean a proper air conditioner.

Tried Homebase, B&Q and woodies already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

testicles wrote: »

Was guessing as much.

Harvey Norman were taking advantage of the heat and advertising a Dyson air conditioner for a small mortgage. Id assume they have cheaper ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

testicles wrote: »

500 ish quid for the few days every 30 odd years its needed?

I like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiPLJEFRBnM&ab_channel=BenTardif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

Yes, as summer is coming and I am also looking for a good split air conditioner. I agree with you that air coolers are not much effective. I think almost all big air conditioning brands like Daikin, Mitsubishi are available in the Limerick. You can see Daikin AC here https://www.daikin.ie/en_gb/products.html#!?s=recent&offset=0&language=en and yes, you should go with residential ones. Similarly, most of best AC brands like this are also available in the city.

If you have good budget then Lennox Air Conditioners could also be good options. Though they are a little expensive but their energy efficiency is very good. However, in this current coronavirus pandemic, I little confused either online stores will deliver these air conditioners on time or they are not accepting orders. Little worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I got a challenge portable one a couple of years ago in argos. It's either 5k or 8k btu. You stick the hose out the window. Works adequately to cool a single room. Would be far more effective if you had sliding windows because it has an accessory to seal the opening except for the hose. It has a dehumidifier function that is pretty useless. Overall happy enough with it.

Advertisement