Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burned out car & caravan on Sligo road

Options
  • 29-06-2018 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Has anybody recently visited the Woodlands area in Sligo town within the past week?? Apparently a caravan and a car were set on fire last week involving some family dispute, however the burnt out remains of both car and caravan are still in the middle of the road directly outside the gates of Mowlam, the Corpo don't appear to be interested, if that was my car parked outside my house without tax I would get a warning letter from the Corpo to remove it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

And Mowlam is in the title of your thread because of......... Sensationalism?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

What's wrong with the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Its misleading to the context of your post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Buford T is correct.
    Your thread title is about the nursing home specifically.
    The post then states a problem outside of it that is obviously not related to the nursing home or it's management.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mod note: The thread title was misleading so I have changed it and edited out a bit of the original post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

It was not my intent to say anything negative against Mowlam, it is a very fine respectable run nursing home, the point I was making was in relation to the state of the public road outside the premises

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chuda

totally agree...
    one day it will cost a life to someone...

those fks just stand there with caravans and jeeps , it`s impossible to turn in normally into mowlam sometimes or most of times with small car, never mind medical van.
    for last few days, they had a another weekly family dispute, now there is broken car standing in a middle of road ... seems no problem ...
    i parked on my street , where i have county council yearly parking place as resident, but since there was on a day sligo rovers game, i had to park on yellow line...
    i got ticket...

and for those who , all they can can up... Mowlam into title is misleading.... it`s very connected to topic, so before you judge, find out circumstances.

fair play to OP, as finally someone mention something about that corner...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

its almost as though the Title has got more attention than the actual issue ... which is wrong! - some people take issue to the smallest thing and its ended up overshadowing the post!

Advertisement