Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness Pro 14- Tv Viewing Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭PMC83

awec wrote: »
    Got another cold call from Eir Sport yesterday trying to get me to not cancel and stay with them over the summer.

They basically said they'd give it to me for 15 quid a month over the summer and to ring back in August and they'll see what offers they have then. They must have a load of people cancelling at the moment.

I would imagine ~10 euro would need to become their new base price if they want to have any hope of retaining customers next year.

Have they officially announced loosing BT yet? I met a guy at wedding recently who works on their sport app, and told me that it deffo wouldn't have BT included in the next release

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

PMC83 wrote: »
    Have they officially announced loosing BT yet? I met a guy at wedding recently who works on their sport app, and told me that it deffo wouldn't have BT included in the next release

Don't think it has been announced, and I doubt they'll ever announce it but rather just quietly remove it.

The guy on the phone with me was careful in his wording though.

"You like football and rugby? Well we have the champions league qualifiers over the summer, and then the rugby world cup in the autumn!".

No mention of Champions league proper, Premier League or Champions Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

What I was told is that Sky and BT signed an exclusive distribution deal for Ireland, and that Eir are still negotiating with Sky to work out a deal to retain the channels. Hence why there's been no announcement yet.

Don't think it has been announced, and I doubt they'll ever announce it but rather just quietly remove it.

The guy on the phone with me was careful in his wording though.

"You like football and rugby? Well we have the champions league qualifiers over the summer, and then the rugby world cup in the autumn!".

No mention of Champions league proper, Premier League or Champions Cup.

lol. Hopefully an option appears to add Eir to my virgin sub. I had the app all year which was handy as a 'free' option for those of us on Eir mobile. But a pain if you need to record a match

What I was told is that Sky and BT signed an exclusive distribution deal for Ireland, and that Eir are still negotiating with Sky to work out a deal to retain the channels. Hence why there's been no announcement yet.

Are Sky likely to agree to that at a price that makes sense?

Interesting, certainly would be great to hang onto them. The guy I spoke to seemed pretty sure they would be gone, but obviously he's not teh one making the deals!

Depends, their wholesale prices for Sky Sports channels on UPC weren't too far off their own pricing without special offers etc, and also it'll still be two separate subscriptions for Sky customers. It's up to Eir really as to whether they want to push the prices up to continue getting the same margin, or take a smaller margin in the hope of retaining existing customers.

Depends, their wholesale prices for Sky Sports channels on UPC weren't too far off their own pricing without special offers etc, and also it'll still be two separate subscriptions for Sky customers. It's up to Eir really as to whether they want to push the prices up to continue getting the same margin, or take a smaller margin in the hope of retaining existing customers.

Surely better off making their minds up soon? I'd imagine people are walking daily, assuming it will be gone altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

as it stands sky sports is on the eir platform - the big issue will be home much bt sport will cost as a stand alone add on.

• Advertisement

kooga wrote: »
    as it stands sky sports is on the eir platform - the big issue will be home much bt sport will cost as a stand alone add on.

I dream of a day I can just pay per match, but via proper TV so I'm not looking at and buffering issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Based on UK pricing, probably the guts of 30 euro a month, which is crazy money

Based on UK pricing, probably the guts of 30 euro a month, which is crazy money

Eir charge €30 for Sky customers to get BT/Eir at the moment, will more than likely remain the same price, but existing Eir customers will be looking at a price increase to cover it as it's included in their base package at the moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I drea m of a day I can just pay per match, but via proper TV so I'm not looking at and buffering issues.

I have a Samsung phone and I'm on eir so get Eir sport and BT for free. Connect my phone to my tv using a cable and it never buffers.

I have a Samsung phone and I'm on eir so get Eir sport and BT for free. Connect my phone to my tv using a cable and it never buffers.

Is that the red or the green app? The red app seems to be blocked from casting

Is that the red or the green app? The red app seems to be blocked from casting

Red - works for me, play as normal through the app and plug cable from phone to TV

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Conferences confirmed for next season. https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/06/17/conferences-confirmed-for-next-two-guinness-pro14-seasons/

Conference A
    Glasgow Warriors (SCO 1)
    Leinster Rugby (IRE 2)
    Ulster Rugby (IRE 3)
    Ospreys Rugby (WAL 1)
    Dragons Rugby (WAL 4)
    Zebre Rugby Club (ITA 2)
    Toyota Cheetahs (SA 1)

Conference B
    Edinburgh Rugby (SCO 2)
    Munster Rugby (IRE 1)
    Connacht Rugby (IRE 4)
    Cardiff Blues (WAL 2)
    Scarlets (WAL 3)
    Benetton Rugby (ITA 1)
    Isuzu Southern Kings (SA 2)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Conferences confirmed for next season. https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/06/17/conferences-confirmed-for-next-two-guinness-pro14-seasons/

Conference A
    Glasgow Warriors (SCO 1)
    Leinster Rugby (IRE 2)
    Ulster Rugby (IRE 3)
    Ospreys Rugby (WAL 1)
    Dragons Rugby (WAL 4)
    Zebre Rugby Club (ITA 2)
    Toyota Cheetahs (SA 1)

Conference B
    Edinburgh Rugby (SCO 2)
    Munster Rugby (IRE 1)
    Connacht Rugby (IRE 4)
    Cardiff Blues (WAL 2)
    Scarlets (WAL 3)
    Benetton Rugby (ITA 1)

How are Munster considered "Ireland 1" ? assuming those values are some kind of ranking system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    How are Munster considered "Ireland 1" ? assuming those values are some kind of ranking system?

Points in the regular season.

Conference A
    Glasgow Warriors (SCO 1)
    Leinster Rugby (IRE 2)
    Ulster Rugby (IRE 3)
    Ospreys Rugby (WAL 1)
    Dragons Rugby (WAL 4)
    Zebre Rugby Club (ITA 2)
    Toyota Cheetahs (SA 1)

Conference B
    Edinburgh Rugby (SCO 2)
    Munster Rugby (IRE 1)
    Connacht Rugby (IRE 4)
    Cardiff Blues (WAL 2)
    Scarlets (WAL 3)
    Benetton Rugby (ITA 1)

Such nonsense that the competition champions could potentially be ranked fourth in their country.

I've just noticed that I posted that in the wrong Pro14 thread. Oops!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Points in the regular season.

That doesn't make sense as Leinsters points total was far ahead of everyone else , Munster included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense as Leinsters points total was far ahead of everyone else , Munster included.

https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre/tables/

Munster finished on 77 points, Leinster on 76

yerrahbah wrote: »
    https://www.pro14rugby.org/match-centre/tables/

Munster finished on 77 points, Leinster on 76

You are correct - I was thinking that Leinster had finished ahead given how early they qualified for the SF's.

Personally I think that they were always going to find a way to swap Munster and Leinster. When the original conferences were done 2 years ago Munster were Ireland 1 and were in with Scotland 1 (Glasgow). Now Munster are again Ireland 1, but are now in with Scotland 2 (Edinburgh). If it was the same format only two Welsh teams would have swapped. Now two Welsh team and the 4 Irish teams have swapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Got a text from Eir this morning saying BT Sports is gone from 1st August. No mention on whether you can subscribe to it for a fee once gone. Guess I'll have to change to Virgin or Sky

Synode wrote: »
    Got a text from Eir this morning saying BT Sports is gone from 1st August. No mention on whether you can subscribe to it for a fee once gone. Guess I'll have to change to Virgin or Sky
    Given that this is the pro 14 thread you are still going to need eir sport for the pro 14

I’ll miss bt for the h cup and Gallagher premiership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

I’ll miss bt for the h cup and Gallagher premiership

Me too - I reckon that I'll pay for BT on Sky and depend on TG4 for my Pro 14 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭kheb

I am a Sky TV customer and I know that BT Sports will be available through Sky from 1st August. I had been paying Eir extra for the Eir and BT Channels.

If I want to subscribe to Eir to watch the Pro 14 and the Rugby World Cup, how much is this likely to cost from 1st August?

at the moment eirsport is still €30 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Sky are offering Premier Sports as part of their package. They seem to be offering some Pro14 coverage but does anyone know if they mirror the Eir coverage or a reduced service?

Sky are offering Premier Sports as part of their package. They seem to be offering some Pro14 coverage but does anyone know if they mirror the Eir coverage or a reduced service?

Premier Sports in the UK show all the PR014 games, will be interesting if Irish viewers will be able to see that given eir have the ROI rights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I expect it to be blocked - just like all Pro14 coverage on the Irish version of FreeSports was last season.

There will be a separate ROI version of Premier Sports that will be carrying their Premier League coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Is anyone using Rugbypass having issues casting it recently? For me no video is available when i try to cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Is anyone using Rugbypass having issues casting it recently? For me no video is available when i try to cast.

There was an iOS issue with chromecast which apparently has been resolved. If you're on iOS make sure it's up to date.

That's the only issue I've been hearing about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

icdg wrote: »
    I expect it to be blocked - just like all Pro14 coverage on the Irish version of FreeSports was last season.

There will be a separate ROI version of Premier Sports that will be carrying their Premier League coverage.

What about the RWC? Will Premier be showing it in Ireland?

I currently have the Eir Sports package on my Sky TV. With the Sky Sports pack now including BT and Premier, I was going to cancel Eir. However if Premier won't be showing the RWC, I might wait until afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    What about the RWC? Will Premier be showing it in Ireland?

I currently have the Eir Sports package on my Sky TV. With the Sky Sports pack now including BT and Premier, I was going to cancel Eir. However if Premier won't be showing the RWC, I might wait until afterwards.

ITV have the UK rights so you can get all the games via Sky box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

ITV have the UK rights so you can get all the games via Sky box.

But ITV is a manual tuned station, so no recording or pausing live TV on that station

But ITV is a manual tuned station, so no recording or pausing live TV on that station

That's just on Sky. If you've Virgin it's part of the package.

And Yeah_Right who was asking about it has Sky TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ITV4 is on virgin but ITV is not so it depends how they schedule the games and whether they're region locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Answer is to get a Freesat PVR and record from epg. Only drawback is that ITV4 is SD only on Freesat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Bugger. Guess I'll have to keep Eir till after the RWC.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Bugger. Guess I'll have to keep Eir till after the RWC.

I'm in the same situation and plan on keeping Eir until the end of the world cup and will cancel then also

Ok some positive news, Eir Sport now to be included on the Virgin pack at no extra cost.

https://www.the42.ie/eir-sport-virgin-media-4766809-Aug2019/

As a virgin customer I'm pretty happy with this. Up until now I have been watching The Pro14 on a tablet via eir mobile, no pause, record or anything like that.

Ok some positive news, Eir Sport now to be included on the Virgin pack at no extra cost.

As a virgin customer I'm pretty happy with this. Up until now I have been watching The Pro14 on a tablet via eir mobile, no pause, record or anything like that.

That’s great news - just read the press release virgin media sport part of the eir sport pack is that just on the evision platform or does it include the sky platform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

That’s great news - just read the press release virgin media sport part of the eir sport pack is that just on the evision platform or does it include the sky platform

if you are an Eir broadband subscriber with a sky box you will get access to virgin media sport one on the sky box. it will replace Eir sport 2

the other VM sport channels will only be via the app

• Advertisement

on the sky platform - will it be in HD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Supposedly, Disney will include ESPN+ in their new streaming package, in the US at least. That's going to be a pretty phenomenal upgrade for watching rugby overseas. Quite excited by that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

That's great news! I'm a VM customer and can't get eir broadband in the area so had to watch most pro14 on my phone. Definitely softens the blow of losing BT.

Eir Sport have a deal at the moment for Sky customers, €14.99 a month for the first 6 months, then €29.99 for the next six months.

But there's no 12 month contract, you just need to give 30 days notice, minimum term 2 months.

So after 6 months I'll just ring up and cancel if they don't keep the price at 14.99.

Eir Sport have a deal at the moment for Sky customers, €14.99 a month for the first 6 months, then €29.99 for the next six months.

But there's no 12 month contract, you just need to give 30 days notice, minimum term 2 months.

So after 6 months I'll just ring up and cancel if they don't keep the price at 14.99.

I currently have a 30 day rolling Eir contract at €30 a month. Have had it for about a year and a half. Was planning on cancelling soon, as I was only keeping it for the World Cup as €30 a month was too much without the BT Sports. But if I can get onto the €15 a month plan, I reckon I will keep it

• Advertisement
Advertisement