Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorey: Football pitch to bring the kids

Options
  • 29-06-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does anyone know of any good place that I could bring the kids to play football around Gorey? I wanted to start playing with them every weekend but all the facilities seem to be club specific.

Any help would be much appreciated by 2 toddlers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

lightpause wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any good place that I could bring the kids to play football around Gorey? I wanted to start playing with them every weekend but all the facilities seem to be club specific.

Any help would be much appreciated by 2 toddlers! :)

You can bring them to the show grounds which are accessed through the town park or from the main gate off the fort road.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lightpause

Perfect, Thank you. I will give it a go at the weekend.

Is it normally busy there? Do you just go in and play or do you have to arrange/book it?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

It can be busy at times, noticeably on Sunday mornings. Some groups do book so they're guaranteed of a spot. There's a kid's soccer camp and the Wexford Eagles American Football team using it on Sunday mornings usually but if you just want a kickabout with your kids then there should plenty of room anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lightpause

Aenaes wrote: »
    It can be busy at times, noticeably on Sunday mornings. Some groups do book so they're guaranteed of a spot. There's a kid's soccer camp and the Wexford Eagles American Football team using it on Sunday mornings usually but if you just want a kickabout with your kids then there should plenty of room anyway.

Perfect, thanks a lot!

Advertisement