Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well it was part of the M Sport Plus pack on my F10 so I assumed it was similar on the F30 but maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

That's a very unusual spec, I assumed all M Sport had heated seats.

I assumed M Sport plus had paddle shift, which makes me think that one isn't.

I find the after market plastic trim and the wheels a bit vulgar.

The 2015 LCI marked the discontinuation of the N47 engine in the F30, you'll need to check out of this is indeed 188bhp, or the older N47 with 184bhp.

Like I said, it's 184. Don't think it's LCI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

millington wrote: »
    Like I said, it's 184. Don't think it's LCI.

It’s definitely not the newer engine or the LCI model. The newer cars has different rear lights and a fair few other upgrades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

kalkat2002 wrote: »

That's extremely cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2005-maserati-quattroporte/25041345

ZDg2MTc2ZjI5NWMwNjA3YjFjMWQ2MzE2YmQ1OGIwMThEJ9DQZpIUE-o3Esw-X-4iaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDg2MDQyNDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner, 80k miles, original Irish - €6950.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2005-maserati-quattroporte/25041345

ZDg2MTc2ZjI5NWMwNjA3YjFjMWQ2MzE2YmQ1OGIwMThEJ9DQZpIUE-o3Esw-X-4iaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDg2MDQyNDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Oh no... Its in budget :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Is this really what the car is worth, or does the extortionate car tax knock the value down a lot? I feel like something like this would be worth more in mainland Europe, but I don't know anything about them.

Oh no... Its in budget :o

Do it! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is this really what the car is worth, or does the extortionate car tax knock the value down a lot? I feel like something like this would be worth more in mainland Europe, but I don't know anything about them.

I think it's more to do with the maintenance costs on them. They can be eye wateringly expensive to repair especially when the years push on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

bazz26 wrote: »
    Heated seats were always an option on the F30. M Sport Plus was a pack which includes larger blue painted brake calipers, Harman Kardon speaker sound system, larger wheels, rear privacy glass and small rear boot spoiler. Paddle shifts only came with the Sport automatic gearbox which was an option too but not included in the M Sport Plus pack. The only difference between the regular auto gearbox and sport gearbox was the paddle shifts on the steering wheel. That car looks like a regular M Sport with the optional Harman Kardon speaker system. The rest looks to be aftermarket to me.

There was no spoiler on my 172 one and it was Msport plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Is alot of car for the money but do the panel gapes, ( wing and bumper look off on the passenger side)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/162-bmw-520d-m-sport/25051404

Thoughts on this? Seems very good value considering the mileage and spec.

Seems quite cheap alright. Ad reads quite genuine too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/162-bmw-520d-m-sport/25051404

Thoughts on this? Seems very good value considering the mileage and spec.

Looks in great nick. Like the colour and the interior. No harm in getting the service history verified from Colm Quinn's. Should be the B47 engine in that so no chain issues.

Price seems decent enough as well but if you can get him down a bit all the better especially considering no warranty will come with it.

One thing I've noticed is that he says it's not due a service for another 11k miles. I'd personally be getting it done a lot sooner than that. Again I know these don't suffer chain issues but BMW service intervals are too long imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Looks in great nick. Like the colour and the interior. No harm in getting the service history verified from Colm Quinn's. Should be the B47 engine in that so no chain issues.

Price seems decent enough as well but if you can get him down a bit all the better especially considering no warranty will come with it.

One thing I've noticed is that he says it's not due a service for another 11k miles. I'd personally be getting it done a lot sooner than that. Again I know these don't suffer chain issues but BMW service intervals are too long imo.
    If its the Rory I know, you wont get a cent off 20k :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Seems quite cheap alright. Ad reads quite genuine too

That's what I thought also, seems legitimate and the greenlight would ease some woes. Might be bringing another one in from overseas.

The colour is carbon black, but, to my eyes from the photos, it appears to be navy? Which I would prefer in any event. Yes, the lack of a warranty with it is not reassuring hence the price I guess. Could always get an independent comprehensive warranty with a third party I suppose for a couple of hundred euro per annum. Carprotect.ie do one, not sure how effective it is mind you.
    bidiots wrote: »
    If its the Rory I know, you wont get a cent off 20k :P

Burst out laughing at this for some reason! He won't budge on price. I do know there was an inter-county footballer of the same name from the same county playing in and around the mid-00's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Defiantly looks navy to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Burst out laughing at this for some reason! He won't budge on price. I do know there was an inter-county footballer of the same name from the same county playing in and around the mid-00's.

If it's the same Rory at least you'll know the car is well minded and genuine, mostly motorway miles on it too. He's a good egg, but a stubborn ass:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,493 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

2015 Skoda Rapid. Does it seem too cheap at €6995?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-rapid-dsg-tdi/25014055

YjlmNzlkY2YwNDlhYzMwYjgzODExNTU0NzhmNTRhZTZCfuFPxnvcSaxjAOETTIfYaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDgzNDAwMjN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

2015 Skoda Rapid. Does it seem too cheap at €6995?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-rapid-dsg-tdi/25014055

YjlmNzlkY2YwNDlhYzMwYjgzODExNTU0NzhmNTRhZTZCfuFPxnvcSaxjAOETTIfYaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDgzNDAwMjN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

High miles, hense price. But if you can average that out over the next 3-4 years you will minimise that and have a bargain.

Nice little car, good space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's plenty for it tbh.
    There's a bang of long-term rental car off it.

Registered as part of a a large batch of identically specced 1.6 TDI DSG Active models.
    It's honestly the worst type of ex-rental you could get, auto box gets the Americans, diesel means it's probably been misfuelled, and you can be sure it's been in a few ditches in its time. It's also pretty poorly equipped.

Last change of ownership March this year.

High miles, hense price. But if you can average that out over the next 3-4 years you will minimise that and have a bargain.

Nice little car, good space.

i was doing about 12000 miles a year before the lockdown so will probably be doing the same afterwards. the miles are a bit high but if it was maintained that wouldnt bother me.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's plenty for it tbh.
    There's a bang of long-term rental car off it.

Registered as part of a a large batch of identically specced 1.6 TDI DSG Active models.
    It's honestly the worst type of ex-rental you could get, auto box gets the Americans, diesel means it's probably been misfuelled, and you can be sure it's been in a few ditches in its time. It's also pretty poorly equipped.

Last change of ownership March this year.

thanks for the info. You've put me right off it. :)

I'm looking for something around 7000 in an automatic. not massively fussed after that but would prefer an SUV or estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

i was doing about 12000 miles a year before the lockdown so will probably be doing the same afterwards. the miles are a bit high but if it was maintained that wouldnt bother me.

With most cars high miles shouldn't put you off, if it has a service history to back it and it's in good condition. But as Colm says, if this is a rental then you have to look closer. I'm thinking the high miles is more likely a lease car rather than Yankee "human ditchfinders", but a few questions to seller should clarify that.
    Any warning signs appear, just walk on.

With most cars high miles shouldn't put you off, if it has a service history to back it and it's in good condition. But as Colm says, if this is a rental then you have to look closer. I'm thinking the high miles is more likely a lease car rather than Yankee "human ditchfinders", but a few questions to seller should clarify that.
    Any warning signs appear, just walk on.

The fact that a load of them were registered in a row, and the combination of pure basic spec plus an autobox would really suggest rental rather than lease.

Budget used to run Corolla hatchback 1.6 automatics as long term rentals which would be ran all year round back in the day. Most cars would only be kept for less than a year, but they'd keep the Corollas for a lot longer - I'd imagine these are this sort of thing.

If you look at the change of ownership dates for the batch of cars, they all changed ownership in late 2019/early 2020.

Looking at 1.6 TDI DSG Rapid Spaceback registrations for 2015:
    rapid.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Would never buy a VAG 1.6 TDI of that vintage.

The diesel injectors are a €1,600 bill that will come knocking one day. Speaking from experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭User1998

I’ve had several 2015/2016 1.6 tdi’s with 150k+ miles and they drive very similar to ones with 60k. I even had a 2013 with 190k and it drove fine, there well able for high miles as long as they have a full service history. That being said they were all uk company cars so most likely motorway mileage, could be different if they were used as rentals or taxis etc. Never had any injector issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah, they aren't a terrible engine, the 1.6 in that car is an awful lot better than the previous 1.6 in terms of reliability.

The injector issue isn't crazy popular with them and high milers are much less prone to it as it's carbon deposits that cause the fault.

That said, nothing could make me want that Skoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HelmsDeep

Speaking of the Skodas..
    These 2 cars seem much more underpriced than others on the market, but nothing jumps out to me on the add as overly suspicous.

carzone.ie/used-cars/skoda/superb/fpa/202006019708710?journey=Search
    donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-skoda-superb-1-9tdi/23846930

Like a supposed full service history in both, and decent NCTs. Not too many miles, not too few..
    What am I missing that makes these not worth a punt?

• Advertisement

They’re 10/11 years old though.

Advertisement