Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Given that they are advertising WORLDWIDE delivery, I would assume they think that if someone in America bought any of their cars they can somehow hold back the VAT on export.

I always thought it was only VAT registered businesses that can do that and why anyone would buy a used Audi in Ireland to ship around the world.

Plus from the grammar used , English may not be the persons first language. Not that it matters just an conversation.

And that would unique right wheel drive car in USA 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Somehow I get the feeling the history of the cars isn't the only thing that would be interesting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

rai555 wrote: »
    And that would unique right wheel drive car in USA 😀

It would be sitting in the docks in New Jersey for 22 years before you could register it in the US.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

VAT qualifying is only of interest to a VAT registered body.

It means the car was a lease or rental car.

No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭djan

ek motor wrote: »
    I'd like to get this off my chest. How do garages produce ads that are as **** as this ?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lookaudi-q2-1-6-tdi-116-s-line-plusrare/24303237

Getting mutton dressed as lamb vibes off it but having said that, do appreciate a full list specs & extras with good photos.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

djan wrote: »
    Getting mutton dressed as lamb vibes off it but having said that, do appreciate a full list specs & extras with good photos.

I say fair play to him/her for being so 'passionate' and 'eager' to sell his/her cars.

I'd rather buy from him rather than some snooty Audi salesman that'll probably know less about the car.

Well done Galway cars, you're only missing a video and someone to proof read your adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

I say fair play to him/her for being so 'passionate' and 'eager' to sell his/her cars.

I'd rather buy from him rather than some snooty Audi salesman that'll probably know less about the car.

Well done Galway cars, you're only missing a video and someone to proof read your adverts.

Quality over quantity. A load of what's written is useless information.

"☘️ AMAZING SPECIFICATION-IMPRESS YOUR NEIGHBOURS!"

" 😲REAL HEAD TURNER!
    Don’t miss out!

STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD!"

"☘️TOO BREATHTAKING TO HIDE!"

" ULTIMATE VEHICLE

IMPRESS THE NEIGHBOURS !!!

MASSIVE SPEC - STUNNING COLOUR COMBO*"

The 2 year warranty is mentioned that many times I can only presume it's a crappy third party policy.

This is it wrote: »
    Quality over quantity. A load of what's written is useless information.

"☘️ AMAZING SPECIFICATION-IMPRESS YOUR NEIGHBOURS!"

" ��REAL HEAD TURNER!
    Don’t miss out!

STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD!"

"☘️TOO BREATHTAKING TO HIDE!"

" ULTIMATE VEHICLE

IMPRESS THE NEIGHBOURS !!!

MASSIVE SPEC - STUNNING COLOUR COMBO*"

The 2 year warranty is mentioned that many times I can only presume it's a crappy third party policy.

Haha it's cringy alright, but at the end of the day it's his car/business/advert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-55k-genuine/25537498

YjczYmQ5MmRlMzkxNThkMTFlMTk5YTc1ZGJhODQxZDOFKGx3Z7F_zM1e1xarc4ZeaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTI4NzIwOTJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Corolla liftback with claimed 50k miles. Looks like someone ticked every option box when spec’ing this. Alloys, spoiler, sunroof, “chrome” grille and a CD player.

Lovely car but crazy money at €1750 given it’s not had an NCT in 12 years

It says in the description that it passed the NCT last week until then of next Jan. Chrome mesh grill became standard on the bug eye model in 1999. Sunroof especially if electric would be rare on a Corolla, could have been fitted aftermarket?

Nice but still very strong money for what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

NCT till middle of January just looked it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

No way is the mileage genuine with 6 previous owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »
    It says in the description that it passed the NCT last week until then of next Jan. Chrome mesh grill became standard on the bug eye model in 1999. Sunroof especially if electric would be rare on a Corolla, could have been fitted aftermarket?

Nice but still very strong money for what it is.

Sunroof is aftermarket, you know by the way the seal sticks up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

They have to be the ugliest cars in existence. Only beaten by the estate.

My neighbour had one in what I can only describe as hearing aid beige. I used to pass it as a young lad and think how someone could walk into a dealer and say, “Yes, I’ll take that. The ugliest car known to man. And actually, while you’re at it, I’ll have it in non metallic beige.”

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭chalky_ie

L-M wrote: »
    They have to be the ugliest cars in existence. Only beaten by the estate.

My neighbour had one in what I can only describe as hearing aid beige. I used to pass it as a young lad and think how someone could walk into a dealer and say, “Yes, I’ll take that. The ugliest car known to man. And actually, while you’re at it, I’ll have it in non metallic beige.”

Some people need to reassess their understanding of the term 'lovely car'.

I wish Toyota would fit a brand new engine in my car. :pac:

I'd say they stopped producing them 20 years ago but after watching a YouTube video of that Irish drifter someone posted one day Toyota are still producing brand new blocks for the 2JZ and that's a engine that came out in 1990 or 1991 but it is a beast of a engine and Toyota obviously know that they are still popular and can still sell them. He didn't mention in the video if they are still producing the head though he just mentioned block. I'd imagine they are quite dear too to buy.

colm_mcm wrote: »

Bull****!

I know for certain Mazda HQ in Santry did not pay out 15k on a 7 year old Mazda 6 especially one that's registered as a taxi.

...also claims bodywork is immaculate.....ding at rear quarter and tow hook missing and that's just what can be seen from the low res pictures.

Not clear whether it cost him €15k, but I’d suggest he’s gonna lose his hole a twice if thats the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

In fairness he's only looking for a euro for it so can't really go wrong at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Oops!

PsychoPete wrote: »
    In fairness he's only looking for a euro for it so can't really go wrong at that price

It's about all i'd offer him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Oops! wrote: »
    It's about all i'd offer him....

If it was on adverts someone would still offer 50p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If it was on adverts someone would still offer 50p.

Or some ridiculous swap for a mars bar or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I love the way he’s advertising it with 25,000s instead of the real 400,000kms.

As if they changed everything else in the car as well. I’d hate to think what germs are on the back seat 🀮

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Very quick car? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭fabsoul

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’d say maybe disabled driver.

Note the LCD clock, European ones had the clock built in to the radio.

not disabled driver as its 2.2 for that year it has to be 2.0 or less

fabsoul wrote: »
    not disabled driver as its 2.2 for that year it has to be 2.0 or less
    Well spotted

Passenger then!

Think it was discovered it was a taxi initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

...also claims bodywork is immaculate.....ding at rear quarter and tow hook missing and that's just what can be seen from the low res pictures.
    Front kerbside tyre looks pretty bad I think. If its as bad as I think it is then that's ridiculous to let it get that bad on a taxi of all vehicles. LCD display looks to be goosed too if I'm not mistaking. Don't think the car or the ad would inspire confidence.

• Advertisement

Advertisement